Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

You lot are mean.

Gareth might be a **** manager but he's a decent man and doesn't deserve all the ridicule he gets 😡

(And it's the wrong thread)

Ah Jane..sadly we are indeed. Not only that most of us seem to be unable to post in the right topic 🤒

On the other hand most ,if not all, the "meanie" stuff is directed at,or caused by, his Football life, not his personal life, for which he gets very well paid.

Edited by chara
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, xceleryx said:

We talking about the same Gordon that had most of this forum in a meltdown when trying to sign him from Everton for £50m?

Most of the forum but not me. Shame we lost access to the old forum because I was advocating for the signing at the time. Signing Gordon would have saved us a lot of money and the embarrassment of signing Mudryk. 

9 hours ago, chara said:

We mere humans can but try........... Sorry you missed the plastic pen protector bit.

and,,,again sorry,,but until you change the TT thingy I find it hard to follow your posts. Fellow Finchley man though he was.😉

I lived in Finchley most of my life - loved it. 

In 1996 when Warner owned the cinema,  one night I saw thousands of people outside. Arnold Schwarzenegger had come as his new movie, Erassr, premiered there. Later, on TV local news (remember that?) he was interviewed and  asked what he thought of Finchley.

His reply? With a big smile: “I love Finchley!” 

We love you too, Arnie! 🤖🩶🩷✌️🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, chara said:

Ah Jane..sadly we are indeed. Not only that most of us seem to be unable to post in the right topic 🤒

On the other hand most ,if not all, the "meanie" stuff is directed at,or caused by, his Football life, not his personal life, for which he gets very well paid.

It’s just a humorous critique of his dreadful tactics which makes Poch look like Ossie Ardiles with his 2-3-5!  As you say it’s in no way personal. ✌️🩶🩷

10 hours ago, ROTG said:

30-40 years ago the MK / CM “the umbilical brothers” would have given Eric & Ernie, the two Ronnie’s, cannon and ball and Statler and Waldorf a run for their money on comedy one liners 

But we're glad to have them as light relief against yoir relentless dullness.

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

One last one , 

Was bought the board game Risk for Christmas , never opened it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Most of the forum but not me. Shame we lost access to the old forum because I was advocating for the signing at the time. Signing Gordon would have saved us a lot of money and the embarrassment of signing Mudryk. 

Would've certainly been nice to look back. I know I was one of the ones who didn't object to the signing either. Signing Gordon may not altered the signing of Mudryk however, either way matters little now.

3 hours ago, Bison said:

I remember you being very keen on his signing, don't mind admitting I ridiculed the idea but would love to see him here now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him, he seems available and ticks a lot of boxes for us, in a position we could really do with strengthening. 

Not being linked with him, currently, doesn't mean we aren't interested.

10 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I remember you being very keen on his signing, don't mind admitting I ridiculed the idea but would love to see him here now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him, he seems available and ticks a lot of boxes for us, in a position we could really do with strengthening. 

Not being linked with him, currently, doesn't mean we aren't interested.

They've managed to open up a PSR swapsie with Forest this morning.  

They might not need to sell anyone else.  

1 hour ago, Ham said:

They've managed to open up a PSR swapsie with Forest this morning.  

They might not need to sell anyone else.  

I read the Premier league aren't happy with any of these deals, maybe they should be unhappy with the cretin trying to hamstring clubs with PSR in their organisation instead? 

• Like 2

Really not sure what to think about this one, I guess he’ll be a useful squad player for us. Having to lose Micheal Golding to make the deal happen is not good business considering he’s one of our best youth midfielders, but they’re essentially just pawns now anyway. 

I don't think this has any relation to whether Gallgher stays or goes. He is so unique and so good at what he does, dare I say as good as anyone bar Kante, I just dont believe for one second we are even contemplating selling him.

According to the media we were selling him last summer, last winter and by today. We still haven't. 

We desperately need midfielders. Last season we had Enzo Gallagher and Caicedo.  Assuming Lavia is good to go that still leaves us desperately short so in my view this is just a signing of necessity and nothing to do with any outgoings.

Just now, ROTG said:

Is that as a regular starter or squad player?

Depending on the opposition I suppose but we have potentially so many fixtures next season I suspect he will start his fair share of games.

We could line up with Lavia-Caicedo-Gallgher in games where we are up against it or Caicedo-Enzo-Dewsbury-Hall in games where we expect to dominate possession. 

In my opinion we have a fantastic group of midfield players that offer pretty much everything and will only grow, with each other and get better and better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, not sure how much people have seen of him but think it's worth noting just how different he is to all our current midfield options. 

He's a proper number 8, a box to box midfielder that's very good at carrying the ball, pretty creative and can score goals. Off the ball his work rate and pressing is exceptional and he's not afraid to get stuck in. A proper all rounder, I think a fair comparison in terms of style would be Mason Mount.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 4