Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

What I've read is £20m, but Arsenal getting £2-3m of it. Might be what you've seen is some variation of that, but all these figures are guesswork.

Arsenal's payment doesn't seem to be factored into the figure in the reports. Ultimately it's a bad sale considering how well he performed last year in a tough league. The same people who approved this sale bought a considerably worse player from a Mickey Mouse league for 3-4x that amount. 

1 minute ago, Bison said:

Arsenal's payment doesn't seem to be factored into the figure in the reports. Ultimately it's a bad sale considering how well he performed last year in a tough league. The same people who approved this sale bought a considerably worse player from a Mickey Mouse league for 3-4x that amount. 

Give us a clue , who would that be?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Foden appears to be another example. Talented player, outstanding for ManC, awful for England.

International tournament football is just different from English club football and played under far more expectations from far more fans. Many of our greatest players over the decades have failed to cope with that pressure and expectation.

Btw. Disappointed we didn't go in for Gray from Leeds. Imho, he has more talent and potential than any player we have in his position. 

Edited by boratsbrother

12 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Given that we had to get all these deals through before 1st July, can we assume the comments/briefings from the new owners were bollocks and things were absolutely not fine in regards to a potential psr breach.

We don't know with entire certainty that we were going to breach PSR. Given that we haven't, the plan in place by those in charge seems to have worked accordingly. 

We'll now continue to sell players because doing so means we're going to be able to cover costs for down the road, but equally as important, allow us to continue to spend in the upcoming transfer window/s. 

Hard to see us not continuing to be active in the market moving players on in future windows, it's obviously been seen as a manner of generating additional revenue and without doing so we'd likely be pretty hamstrung considering no Champions League football, stadium limitations, and so on. 

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Btw. Disappointed we didn't go in for Gray from Leeds. Imho, he has more talent and potential than any player we have in his position. 

Shows where the club is in it evolution, having gone from buying WC players across Europe to recruiting from the Championship

Good to see Andrew Cousins / Jeremy Leyde darling their coin

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

We don't know with entire certainty that we were going to breach PSR. Given that we haven't, the plan in place by those in charge seems to have worked accordingly. 

We'll now continue to sell players because doing so means we're going to be able to cover costs for down the road, but equally as important, allow us to continue to spend in the upcoming transfer window/s. 

Hard to see us not continuing to be active in the market moving players on in future windows, it's obviously been seen as a manner of generating additional revenue and without doing so we'd likely be pretty hamstrung considering no Champions League football, stadium limitations, and so on. 

Also, let's not forget that the club actually spent money again before 1 July, hence the need to sell a few before. 

If we sell the likes of Gallagher, Lukaku, Kepa and Chalobah, expect a mad incoming transfer before the end of the window. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Shows where the club is in it evolution, having gone from buying WC players across Europe to recruiting from the Championship.

As you may have noticed, rightly or wrongly the owners are doing things very differently from Roman. 

Gray has huge potential and fits in very well with the owners profile of players they want to sign, so I'm surprised they didnt go for him.  I personally don't care what league a player is signed from. Having real talent is all care about and Gray has real talent!

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ross Barkley will be playing in the Champions League with Aston Villa next season. 

I bet they're glad they signed him with the ability to walk unlike us. 

Always struck me as being more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond type of player. Did well at Everton, not so well with us (injuries aside). Was good at Luton last season.

Villa could be interesting.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Always struck me as being more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond type of player. Did well at Everton, not so well with us (injuries aside). Was good at Luton last season.

Villa could be interesting.

Yes , I have a lot of mates at Luton as we moved there when I was a kid and used to go more often than I managed to go to Chelsea and they all liked him 

8 hours ago, ROTG said:

Shows where the club is in it evolution, having gone from buying WC players across Europe to recruiting from the Championship

Good to see Andrew Cousins / Jeremy Leyde darling their coin

Your posts are so contrary, I am amazed you even manage to keep up. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Your posts are so contrary, I am amazed you even manage to keep up. 

How am I being contrary, I was for D-H last season as a loan/option to buy. If I remember you shot me down?

where is my statement wrong about buying a championship player or is it because Leicester got promoted D-H is now deemed a PL player, Also when did the club last buy an elite player?

Seems with Max Fowler being hounded to death by the pack, they are looking for their next prey.

Edited by ROTG

8 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

mashes keyboard with fists!

No ! Championship bad , Brighton bad ! Bournemouth bad ! 

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Wanting to sign Ben Mee and Tarkowski from a relegated Burnley though, stonks.

Bit pointless and cowardly, but nothing new.

shame you both hide behind the ignore button. 

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

As you may have noticed, rightly or wrongly the owners are doing things very differently from Roman. 

Gray has huge potential and fits in very well with the owners profile of players they want to sign, so I'm surprised they didnt go for him.  I personally don't care what league a player is signed from. Having real talent is all care about and Gray has real talent!

Might be the right profile, but is that profile good enough for helping the team to the top 4 next season?

I guess we will see how Gray fits into Anges team.