Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Also, let's not forget that the club actually spent money again before 1 July, hence the need to sell a few before. 

If we sell the likes of Gallagher, Lukaku, Kepa and Chalobah, expect a mad incoming transfer before the end of the window. 

Wow, grouping Conor and Trev into the same bucket as burger boy and kepa......just so you can help justify singing yet more gawping bs.

Youve gone up another level of special. Myopic joy at yet more failed signings replacing a couple of lads who have some semblance of identity. What an odd individual, cheering on yet more billion+ profligacy whilst we are 'transformed'  from champions league winners into a conference qualifier

Edited by patThenevin

56 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

Wow, grouping Conor and Trev into the same bucket as burger boy and kepa......just so you can help justify singing yet more gawping bs.

Youve gone up another level of special. Myopic joy at yet more failed signings replacing a couple of lads who have some semblance of identity. What an odd individual, cheering on yet more billion+ profligacy whilst we are 'transformed'  from champions league winners into a conference qualifier

What do you mean by this?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, patThenevin said:

£50m give or take on Kellywho and a championship player. Hilarious. 

A centre midfielder we didn't need, particularly given his calibre, yet paid more than we got for the likes of Pulisic, RLC, Kova. 

Now watching us flog Conor.

The clown show that keeps giving

I get you…but as I have said before it isn’t always the club’s fault if a player has his heart set on leaving or is making silly demands. And I’ve been very critical of Todd’n’Eggy and Co. 

Respectfully I wouldn’t write off KDH as he hasn’t even kicked a ball! He could be a great signing and he and the new boss know each other. And he (KDH) is very well thought of by Leicester fans. 🤷🏻‍♂️👀✌️

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, patThenevin said:

£50m give or take on Kellywho and a championship player. Hilarious. 

A centre midfielder we didn't need, particularly given his calibre, yet paid more than we got for the likes of Pulisic, RLC, Kova. 

Now watching us flog Conor.

The clown show that keeps giving

What do you want exactly? 

If both go on to perform and double their value for arguments sake, you still going to complain about how much was spent on the pair? 

Would you prefer seeing us spend £100m + wages on a big flashy name with no greater certainty to pan out? And hell, we've had our grand share of those over the years.

• Agree 1

Bit of fun for you while I wait for my Pot Noodle to congeal. 

Sanchez

James

Chalobah

Colwill

Chilwell

Lavia

Ugochukwu

Chukwuemeka

Jackson

Nkunku

Sterling 

(Bergstrom, Humphries, Madueke, Washington, Kellyman)

vs 

Petrovic 

Gusto

Fofana 

Badiashile 

Cucurella 

Caicedo

Fernandes

Dewsbury-Hall

Mudryk

Guiu

Palmer 

(Kepa, Gilchrist, Disasi, Burstow, Casadei)

Who wins that game? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Guiu looks a tidy option and gives us something off the bench that Jackson and Nkunku can't really do and that's hold the ball up with back to goal. His signing is a smart one as there is no pressure on him because of the fee and his arrival will not be ruffling Jackson's feathers too much either. I like him. Is he a better player than Broja? Certainly he's more mobile and can hold the ball up better.

Is this based on personal viewing or YouTube?

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Kellyman is a left sided attacking player who will be contesting that side with Mudryk. Again, a smart bit of business as he was brought in on a fee that hasn't pulled up any trees so takes the pressure off a bit. He's quick, direct and likes to cut inside, it will be interesting to see how he does next season when given a chance.

£15m less than a left sided player who just played in a CL final, and proved last season is very attack minded. Maybe it the case of bring in someone with lesser experience to keep Mudryk ahead in the pecking order?

27 minutes ago, Morgs said:

As I say, I think if we buy a top keeper we are in business. 

Top keepers want in excess of £200k per week, with is against the club’s current profile.

Two more stops to Gatwick. 

Edited by ROTG

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

What do you want exactly? 

If both go on to perform and double their value for arguments sake, you still going to complain about how much was spent on the pair? 

Hahahaha you can’t read this 

lets see if these two help can help the team exceed the 63pts set last season. Or is it the usual they need 3-4 years because they are part of a project. 

21 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Is this based on personal viewing or YouTube?

Youtube and reading analysis from folks who have watched him. I hadn't heard of him until this time last week and had to do a bit of research to find out who he is and what kind of player he is. I don't watch other teams really, the Euros is boring me so watching Barca is a no no. If it's not Chelsea I cannot be bothered, so I cannot claim to be an expert on anyone who doesn't play for us. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

£15m less than a left sided player who just played in a CL final, and proved last season is very attack minded. Maybe it the case of bring in someone with lesser experience to keep Mudryk ahead in the pecking order?

Kellyman will not be playing at left back or left wing back. 

Maatsen is a good player and will do well at Villa until he ends up at City or Le Arse in a couple of years for mega money. But he was never going to contest left wing spot vs Mudryk.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Top keepers want in excess of £200k per week, with is against the club’s current profile.

Two more stops to Gatwick. 

For the sake of argument, let's say we sit down with Oblak. He is leaving Atletico on a free and wants a payday, so in excess of 200k/week.  We initially baulk at the fee then realise we already have a keeper (Kepa) on almost that and we need to move him on, as well as Slonina and probably Sanchez as well. 

Would the club be okay with paying this salary to a genuinely world class stopper who could/would replace not one but three keepers on our books and release north of 40m in transfer fees in doing so? 

I suspect they'd look at it. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Morgs said:

For the sake of argument, let's say we sit down with Oblak. He is leaving Atletico on a free and wants a payday, so in excess of 200k/week.  We initially baulk at the fee then realise we already have a keeper (Kepa) on almost that and we need to move him on, as well as Slonina and probably Sanchez as well. 

Would the club be okay with paying this salary to a genuinely world class stopper who could/would replace not one but three keepers on our books and release north of 40m in transfer fees in doing so? 

I suspect they'd look at it. 

Don’t disagree, however a keeper walks in on +£200k, got a feeling a few players agents will be knocking on the gruesome twosome doors. 

The club have made a rod for their own back. 

17 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

That’s not very Christian, your grace. 👀💀✌️

Just asked if he was a saint or sinner

Edited by ROTG
couple of red wines in the red lion going down a treat. 
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Time to go yet, but so far I must say our signings have been underwhelming to say the least. Not one signed who looks a clear upgrade on what we already have.

One could ask, since the emergence of Winstanley and Stewart, has there been an upgrade on any of the positions in the team?

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Mason Burstow must be over the moon with his signing. 

+Deivid Washington, Ronnie Stutter, Jimmy-Jay Morgan, Donnell McNeilly, Dujuan Richards

I'm seeing players signed in positions we already have depth in. These are opportunistic signings, without any clear plan on how they will affect the first team or how they will affect pathways for younger players. This despite the loan restrictions greatly limiting how many players we can sign and then loan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Time to go yet, but so far I must say our signings have been underwhelming to say the least. Not one signed who looks a clear upgrade on what we already have.

Tosin, possibly? Though whether our defence was just poor or down to bad coaching is something we’ll find out, I guess. That we kept conceding the same type of goal and looked fragile all the time would point to the latter. I do like Axel and Badabingbadaboom but I think that like Gusto, Tosin could be a very smart buy.