Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

I will answer your question, when Conor returns from the euros. 

I was all for D-H last season as a loan / option to purchase squad, now he seem to be the mascara player, however if poch had stayed do you believe he would have been on his list?

That’s not my point. At all. 

I think anyone fair-minded would say that KDH is a Maresca signing. 💯✌️👏🏻

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The club got rid of Poch because he can't coach. 

63 pts, A carabao cup final and FA cup semi final must be the minimum for a competent coach?

Edited by ROTG

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I didn't give up on him while he was with us. 

I was disappointed at the time he wasn't given a chance.  

Seemed to lack a bit of self-belief at that stage of his career and maybe a move to the PL wasn’t best at that stage either. 

As other players have said, Jose concentrated his efforts to those who were ready to contribute and maybe Salah just wasn’t ready.

6 hours ago, Spawton said:

2003 being the year he turned professional I presume?

Another one. Never heard of him. 

I can see why you might think that 😆. He looks closer to 40 than 20!

• Haha 1

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Juventus are planning to sell Chiesa this summer as he doesn’t fit in with Motta’s plans. €25m fee is being suggested.

If true, I hope we’re on the phone to Juventus.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Juventus are planning to sell Chiesa this summer as he doesn’t fit in with Motta’s plans. €25m fee is being suggested.

If true, I hope we’re on the phone to Juventus.

Eh, injury has screwed him a bit. Doesn't have he same explosiveness he once had. And he also just misses far too many games in general because of injuries. Hard to see that improve in a more demanding league.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bison said:

Yikes. That's all I'll say. 

Genuinely baffled by this video. Some nice stuff from 3 minutes but before that looked dreadful. Wouldn't you just leave those bits out if you were doing a flame emoji video? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Genuinely baffled by this video. Some nice stuff from 3 minutes but before that looked dreadful. Wouldn't you just leave those bits out if you were doing a flame emoji video? 

Thought he looked dreadful throughout to be honest. Incomprehensible to believe this is what they're buying and who is denying opportunities to academy players. 

42 minutes ago, Bison said:

Thought he looked dreadful throughout to be honest. Incomprehensible to believe this is what they're buying and who is denying opportunities to academy players. 

We buy plenty of players with absolutely no intention of them ever playing a second of football for us tbf.

8 hours ago, Bison said:

Want Chilwell sold, yet buy a potential alternative and still not satisfied based on one clipped together bit of football. 

The icing on the cake is the "denying opportunities to academy players" though. Who are we denying exactly? 

13 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The icing on the cake is the "denying opportunities to academy players" though. Who are we denying exactly? 

No one currently, but Renato Veiga certainly isn’t an upgrade on Ian Maatsen. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

No one currently, but Renato Veiga certainly isn’t an upgrade on Ian Maatsen. 

6'3" is an upgrade. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Ashley Cole was 5'9".

Allegedly size is not everything. 

Sorry Mods, it is one for deletion but could not resist it. 😀

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

But Maatsen is 5'6"

Point I was making is just because Veiga is 6'3", that doesn’t make him a superior player, he doesn’t even look ready to make the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Point I was making is just because Veiga is 6'3", that doesn’t make him a superior player, he doesn’t even look ready to make the squad. 

The point I was making is Ian Maatsen is too short. 

27 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek but we have been short in recent years.  We've been shocking from set pieces at both ends. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was being a bit tongue in cheek but we have been short in recent years.  We've been shocking from set pieces at both ends. 

Yea you’re not wrong to be fair, we probably do need more height in the team. 

• Like 1