Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Linked with Olmo

Big Bird will be pleased

I was just discussing what a good player he is with the guys at work this morning so I'd be very happy if true . 

I like Theo Hernandez too for what it's worth from France . 

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was just discussing what a good player he is with the guys at work this morning so I'd be very happy if true . 

My only question over Olmo, he hasn't scored more than 5 league goals in any one season. Not exactly devastating although he has looked good at the Euros

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

What does Leboeuf know? 

As a manager? Not much. 

Edit - and opinions aside, he is being silly when he talks about 1m. Of course you'd get 1m. You'd get 10m without any trouble. Right now, would we get our money back? No. 

Edited by paulw66

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yeah. I like Olmo, I wanted us to sign him when he went to Leipzig. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

What does Leboeuf know? Mudruk will win the Ballon d'Or in the next two years. 

The clue is in Boylesports a gambling company. TBH if the Quote had come for his daughter it would probably got more attention , and more likely be headline news in the current bun tomorrow 

16 hours ago, Bison said:

What does Leboeuf know? Mudruk will win the Ballon d'Or in the next two years. 

You spent "the French second division" wrong. 

16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

As a manager? Not much. 

Edit - and opinions aside, he is being silly when he talks about 1m. Of course you'd get 1m. You'd get 10m without any trouble. Right now, would we get our money back? No. 

The full quote was that it is silly to spend money on players who are not reliably productive, and on that basis Mudryk isn't a 10m player and he isn't - if we are honest - a 1m either player either, if reliable productivity is the sole metric to judge this on. 

Of course there are more factors to this than just this arbitrary judgement and these would illustrate Mudryk's value in more glowing terms. You are correct in that we wouldn't get our money back but could we get 20m from a team looking for a very, very pacy outlet on the left who does score goals in fairness to him and would look vastly better in a team where he wasn't required to do the defensive work he is required to do at Chelsea. I think he'd do well at one of the better Spanish clubs where teams do not press as much and he will have more room to run into and really leverage that electric pace he has, but not necessarily be required to track back, and where he may get an opportunity playing as the second striker (which he won't get at Chelsea but I do think is probably his best position). 

There is no getting around the fact that we massively overpaid by a factor of 400% or so on a very limited player who is not ready for the big time and may never get there, prodigious gifts notwithstanding. But he isn't a 1m or even a 10m player and I absolutely agree with you there; also that we'll never get anything even ballpark close to what we paid for him back. 

My view is he needs a loan and will likely never do it at Chelsea. Nice lad and I don't dislike him, I just think he cannot do the simple stuff well enough to deserve the time and effort needed to bring him up to Prem level. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

As a manager? Not much. 

Lebeouf seems to revel in that gobshite talking head role he's had on ESPN for years.  Of that crew, Steve Nicol and Craig Burley seem to provide exactly the same service - it's low-brow mouthing off for the sake of it. Not worth listening to. 

And in terms of not getting our money back on a purchase, I suppose that would make Mudryk about the same as 80% of the players on the planet then....?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

The full quote was that it is silly to spend money on players who are not reliably productive, and on that basis Mudryk isn't a 10m player and he isn't - if we are honest - a 1m either player either, if reliable productivity is the sole metric to judge this on. 

Of course there are more factors to this than just this arbitrary judgement and these would illustrate Mudryk's value in more glowing terms. You are correct in that we wouldn't get our money back but could we get 20m from a team looking for a very, very pacy outlet on the left who does score goals in fairness to him and would look vastly better in a team where he wasn't required to do the defensive work he is required to do at Chelsea. I think he'd do well at one of the better Spanish clubs where teams do not press as much and he will have more room to run into and really leverage that electric pace he has, but not necessarily be required to track back, and where he may get an opportunity playing as the second striker (which he won't get at Chelsea but I do think is probably his best position). 

There is no getting around the fact that we massively overpaid by a factor of 400% or so on a very limited player who is not ready for the big time and may never get there, prodigious gifts notwithstanding. But he isn't a 1m or even a 10m player and I absolutely agree with you there; also that we'll never get anything even ballpark close to what we paid for him back. 

My view is he needs a loan and will likely never do it at Chelsea. Nice lad and I don't dislike him, I just think he cannot do the simple stuff well enough to deserve the time and effort needed to bring him up to Prem level. 

I just think he’s shit. 😁✌️🩷🩶 ️ 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

Winstabley and Stewart's favourite client journo is reporting that they're  focused on signing a right footed winger so hopefully there's a plan to move on from Mudryk sooner rather than later. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Winstabley and Stewart's favourite client journo is reporting that they're  focused on signing a right footed winger so hopefully there's a plan to move on from Mudryk sooner rather than later. 

I assume that is to cover the LB spot?

So with Kepa apparently in the development squad, Slonina and Bergstrom out on loan, Cumming gone permanently, dare I hope that the club will buy a proper keeper or am I dreaming? 

1 minute ago, Morgs said:

So with Kepa apparently in the development squad, Slonina and Bergstrom out on loan, Cumming gone permanently, dare I hope that the club will buy a proper keeper or am I dreaming? 

I read this morning that we need to shift one of Sanchez or Petrovic before we buy a GK.

That's assuming kepa goes too, I guess. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I read this morning that we need to shift one of Sanchez or Petrovic before we buy a GK.

That's assuming kepa goes too, I guess. 

Makes sense, sadly.  A top keeper gets us top four in my opinion. Clearly the club don't agree.

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Erm. Okay….! Let’s hope he’s good. 💯👀😁

I couldn’t comment on his ability without every word being a complete guess/made up. Never heard of him, never knowingly watched him play and have no idea what to expect.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

Clearly the club don't agree.

Why should they. 
the 3-4 games changers are back from a seasons injury along with a new coach who’s success was getting a relegated PL team and players, promoted from the championship.  The team only needs to win 4 more games than last season and that’s 75 pts which will guarantee CL qualification 

Unfortunately game changing goalkeepers don’t come for 100k per week. 

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

Makes sense, sadly.  A top keeper gets us top four in my opinion. Clearly the club don't agree.

One of the basic truths of the game... unfortunately finding a top keeper is the problem..PC was an inspired transfer..someone knew what they were looking at..the TC follow up was a perfect path...but ,,,,,,,,,

Looking through the EPL there is no real standout keeper..all much of a muchness... the previously acknowledged top two seem to have lost some favour, top players in any position don't come cheap or available and as ever who is remotely viable elsewhere as a purchase?

36 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Why should they. 
the 3-4 games changers are back from a seasons injury along with a new coach who’s success was getting a relegated PL team and players, promoted from the championship.  The team only needs to win 4 more games than last season and that’s 75 pts which will guarantee CL qualification 

Not very Christian of you to write Maresca off before we’ve even had a pre-season friendly, your grace. ✌️👀💯💀

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Not very Christian of you to write Maresca off before we’ve even had a pre-season friendly, your grace. ✌️👀💯💀

Didn’t write him off, just verified his CV. 

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Why should they. 

19th appearance for this post. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

19th appearance for this post. 

I know,

no different to some who think everything has been rosey in the garden for the past couple of seasons and continually post about it with the poor fortunes down to coaching, injuries, bent referees, VAR, it’s a young squad and go on the offensive to those who say something other. 

pictures of training sessions, ideas etc mean nothing in the big picture, its results on the field of play. 

• Agree 1