Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

14 hours ago, Holymoly said:

You know what? I've got to the stage where I just don't care anymore. If he doesn't want to be here and would rather take the money and move to Manure or the Scum then off you go. 

Mount will do what he will do. It will gut me when when he goes, but I've been gutted when other players left. It happens.

I meant more why is Frank talking about the club like he isn't part of it, like he's one of the Sky pundits rather than someone with a vested interest in what happens here. It's just weird.

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I meant more why is Frank talking about the club like he isn't part of it, like he's one of the Sky pundits rather than someone with a vested interest in what happens here. It's just weird.

Frank is vested for another 24 hours, at that point he will become just another former player with a soft spot for the club....again. He's entitled to a personal opinion at this point. Once he steps down no-one in the media will be interested in a word he says.

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Mount will do what he will do. It will gut me when when he goes, but I've been gutted when other players left. It happens.

I don't think he is part of it to be honest , he's a hired hand with no voice of real input who understands the reality of the situation. He's there for PR purposes not to plan for the future which I suspect is why his pre and post match  press conferences have been full of bland "the lads are hurting" "Collective responsibility" guff.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think he is part of it to be honest , he's a hired hand with no voice of real input who understands the reality of the situation. He's there for PR purposes not to plan for the future which I suspect is why his pre and post match  press conferences have been full of bland "the lads are hurting" "Collective responsibility" guff.

Tbf, he came out with that tedious nothingness after every poor result first time round, too. He is made for media. 

It's not the biggest of deals, but I would prefer that Chelsea staff kept things completely in-house. Maybe Poch can go back to pretending he doesn't speak English, that'll do me.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Don't recall ever seeing him play, but his name makes him sound hard. A lot harder than, say, Jorginho.

I'd say 99% of this forum have only seen his YouTube compilations. 

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd say 99% of this forum have only seen his YouTube compilations. 

I doubt it that's many!  Probably closer to 75% have barely heard of him, 20% have seen YouTube videos of him, and the rest of us have seen Sporting CP's European games on BT Sport or elsewhere

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I know very very little about Ugarte… can anyone shed any light on his style of play, how he’d fit in our team etc?

According to @xceleryx he’s the best thing since a mothers pride slice loaf. 😀

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

I know very very little about Ugarte… can anyone shed any light on his style of play, how he’d fit in our team etc?

Defensive midfielder.  "Destroyer" style of play (seems to always manage to nick the ball and be in the right place)  similar to Kanté, but unlike Kanté, Ugarte doesn't give the impression of there being two of him. Still very useful, nonetheless. Physically similar to Rice (not checked the stats, but he has the same sort of build, but maybe a couple of centimetres shorter?). While he does get up-field from time to time, he is more disciplined than Kanté and will sit back, thereby allowing his midfield partner freer rein. Decent range of passing. Looks to progress the ball forward rather than endless sideways stuff we've seen far too much of, but maybe that's all down to the coaches? I suppose in style he's more Rice than Kanté or Makélélé.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Defensive midfielder.  "Destroyer" style of play (seems to always manage to nick the ball and be in the right place)  similar to Kanté, but unlike Kanté, Ugarte doesn't give the impression of there being two of him. Still very useful, nonetheless. Physically similar to Rice (not checked the stats, but he has the same sort of build, but maybe a couple of centimetres shorter?). While he does get up-field from time to time, he is more disciplined than Kanté and will sit back, thereby allowing his midfield partner freer rein. Decent range of passing. Looks to progress the ball forward rather than endless sideways stuff we've seen far too much of, but maybe that's all down to the coaches? I suppose in style he's more Rice than Kanté or Makélélé.

Sounds good, he sounds like the kind of player we need, so let’s hope we can get it done!

15 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I've heard that Mount has turned down £285k a week and instructed his agent to get him into United.

I just hope, if he is going, it’a done early in the window and not dragged out and that Man United meet the valuation without playing games. I imagine it’ll be the opposite of all these things.

I'm hoping Hall stays.

Think Mount is off and this will plug a big hole in our FFP deficit, think Kova is off too and expect RLC for a small sum to Italy.

I also think we may need to sell maybe Chalobah or Gallagher as well as the above to plug FFP.

Then we can announce the new signings and expect this to be DM and striker.

Think we wanted a keeper though not sure we have made any purchases or preferring to do business later. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I've heard that Mount has turned down £285k a week and instructed his agent to get him into United.

If true, do one.  Could have been a Chelsea legend. 

Going to a rival is unforgivable in my eyes.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

I agree, if he indeed the one pushing for the move. If he’s being forced out, then that’s different, however, it does feel like it’s coming from his side more than the club.

If he does join a rival, I will be very interested to see what reaction he gets on his return to the bridge.

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Agreed. It looks like the club have done all they can. I don’t know what’s gone on behind the scenes or what his issues are, but ultimately it’s his decision to leave. It’s probably not realistic but I’d rather we sell him abroad for less money than let him choose to go to a direct rival. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

I love Mason Mount and really don't want him to leave but will find it very hard to wish him well if he does. Running down his contract and joining a direct rival will be very hard to forgive, especially from someone like Mount.

I think he has been very, very badly advised. He won't earn more money elsewhere and he certainly won't be thought of the same anywhere else. He's universally loved and will undoubtedly become a club legend if he stays. Leave and he's going to a club whose fan base hate us and he will be up against it instantly. I don't know many opposition fans that rate him that highly, most would pick James Madison above him. Most think he's pretty average. To be be fair we massively over rate him but that's fine, he's one of our own but if he ends up at United I can see him having a really tough time if he doesn't hit the ground running.

I want him to stay, I really do but with Enzo needing a certain type of player to play alongside him, Pochettinos preferred 4231 system, Nkunku possibly arriving and the players we already have here to play as a 10, I'd love to see Havertz play there, I'm not even sure how big a miss he will be, he's not what I expected him to be at this stage of his career, he's not kicked on like I thought he would and there is a pretty good argument that for all we say about him with our blue tinted glasses on, maybe he's just not that good to warrant a massive new, long term contract when he's not even a guaranteed starter going forward.

💯

1 hour ago, jasonb said:

I'm hoping Hall stays.

And Cucurella leaves. We definitely haven't seen the best of Cucurella and I haven't too much of a problem with him but I would much rather see Hall play than him. 

He didn't impress me that much when he first came into the side. To be fair to him he's just a kid and was playing out of position and was being managed by Graham Potter but the last few games under Frank he's been absolutely phenomenal. I've tried not to get too excited 😊 but it's hard when you think he's just 18 and having his first taste of men's football.

What impresses me the most is just how often he gets into absurdly good attacking positions. He has a pure natural gift to find himself in a position where he can really effect the game in the final third. I'd love to see someone put together a highlights package of all the good shooting and crossing positions he's found himself in, in not that many games. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. 

If he was at City he would be first choice. He's that good. Pep would absolutely love him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I think he has been very, very badly advised. He won't earn more money elsewhere and he certainly won't be thought of the same anywhere else. He's universally loved and will undoubtedly become a club legend if he stays. Leave and he's going to a club whose fan base hate us and he will be up against it instantly. I don't know many opposition fans that rate him that highly, most would pick James Madison above him. Most think he's pretty average. To be be fair we massively over rate him but that's fine, he's one of our own but if he ends up at United I can see him having a really tough time if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Exactly. Most Chelsea fans who aren’t African Twitter bots, have a lot of respect for Mason and made him player of the season twice. He could stay at the club on a lucrative new contract, with a new manager and likely some decent forward players to play alongside. Possibly be captain or vice captain. He could really thrive at the club over the next few seasons and push on in his development. Why the hell does he think he’d have better prospects at Man United? At least we look like we’re sorting ourselves out behind the scenes. 

Edited by Original 21

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was blaming the club up to now but sadly I am changing my mind.

I simply don’t know what has happened to Mason.  So disappointed in him.  It feels completely soulless him going to Man U (if true).  Just can’t believe it.

I thought he really loved Chelsea 💙 More fool me 😡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Not got much to say on the matter, I’ve thought he was off for months, it’s sad because there was potential for him to forge a legacy at Chelsea, but he obviously isn’t what we thought he was. As for him looking sad after the game, if you’re that sad you wouldn’t be pushing to leave, don’t let the door hit you on the way out Mase.  

• Agree 1