Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Lost 6 in 23 with him starting compared to 5 in 15 when he was dropped 🤔

Transfermkt number for his final season at brighton

Sanchez : 28 games 8 losses  - Loss ~3.3 games

Steele: 21 games 5 loses - Loss ~ 4.2 games

not really bothered as both the current Chelsea keepers are in line with the remit set out by TBSD - Neither are good enough to help the team to claim the top spot

10:00 today - red arrows display "my lad is working at the show"

20 hours ago, Sabrina F. said:

Petrovic is hyper limited. Came from a midtable MLS team, and that's basically his level in the Prem. He looked good when we were 10th and facing a lot of shots, once we start to climb up the table slowly, it was clear that's just not his level. He's bad in the air, bad with his feet, never comes off his line, and his shot-stopping isn't good enough to be OK with all those weaknesses.

This is a brilliant summary.

This forum is a poorer place when you disappear for weeks / months at a time! 

It's amazing how people just ignore the howlers Petrovic made last season. He had the benefit of being "anyone but Sanchez"

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

i don't understand why we sign players to loan them to Strasbourg, using up our loan slots in the process. Surely the point of having a satellite club is that they buy players and keep them for 1-2 years, then if they're good enough the main club buys them from the satellite club.

• Like 1

Surely at some point someone in charge is going to have to reign the gruesome twosome in somewhat , nary a day goes by without another child being signed . Christ knows what it's doing to our budget . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

This is a brilliant summary.

This forum is a poorer place when you disappear for weeks / months at a time! 

It's amazing how people just ignore the howlers Petrovic made last season. He had the benefit of being "anyone but Sanchez"

Petrovic gets away with murder, week in week out.  Awful at crosses and set pieces.  Never claims anything. 

It's a huge problem. 

Just now, Ham said:

Petrovic gets away with murder, week in week out.  Awful at crosses and set pieces.  Never claims anything. 

It's a huge problem. 

He definitely did , and he is too short as well to be a truly top keeper .

I honestly think my mistrust of Sanchez is his vacant face , he never looks invested in the situation or annoyed or anything really , or truly awake for that matter .

And that Arsenal goal . 

• Like 1

Probably not the exact place to request this.

For some reason,,mainly OG I suspect..I can't seem to find a list of the squad bound for the USA.

Can anyone post it ?

8 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

There must be a club interested in him, right? Surely he's not been dumped with the development squad

There's likely to be interested parties. 

Could also just be a matter of wanting to see other players in action knowing that Trev doesn't necessarily offer anything unique or noticeable that you'd build around. He is, for all intense and purposes, a squad player at absolute best. 

May even be a matter of trying to put others in the shop window, be it for sales or loans. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I can’t believe they’d not take Trev. A shocking decision imo if true. I think he’s a super player and deserves to be in the team.  🎯💀👀

TBSD just covering up their poor spending in excess of £80m on a couple of average CB's from Monaco 

It would also appear that TBSD are dictating the squad for their yes man to train

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Surely at some point someone in charge is going to have to reign the gruesome twosome in somewhat , nary a day goes by without another child being signed . Christ knows what it's doing to our budget . 

I thought you didn’t oppose this practice? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood you? This practice of paying good money for players who are unlikely to ever make a meaningful contribution to the first team must stop. There was a time when we did this under Roman as well and it always ends up the same way. 

Last few seasons we’ve bought: 

Kellyman €22.5m

Veiga €14m

Wiley €10m

Guiu €6m

Washington €16m

Angelo €15m

Casadei €15m

Santos €12.5m

Fofana €12m

Slonina €9m

I suppose one could make a case to include Chukwuemeka (€18m) and Ugochukwu (€27m) but at least they have been part of the first team squad and played nominal minutes. That’s probably more than the vast majority in the list above will ever achieve. So I’ll keep these two out. 

Still, €130m spent on players we seemingly have no plan or need for. That’s two proper senior players we can actually use in the first team. Circus Chelsea. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I thought you didn’t oppose this practice? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood you? This practice of paying good money for players who are unlikely to ever make a meaningful contribution to the first team must stop. There was a time when we did this under Roman as well and it always ends up the same way. 

Kellyman €22.5m

Veiga €14m

Wiley €10m

Guiu €6m

Washington €16m

Angelo €15m

Casadei €15m

Santos €12.5m

Fofana €12m

Slonina €9m

I suppose one could make a case to include Chukwuemeka (€18m) and Ugochukwu (€27m) but at least they have been part of the first team squad and played nominal minutes. That’s probably more than the vast majority in the list above will ever achieve. So I’ll keep these two out. 

Still, €130m spent on players we seemingly have no plan or need for. That’s two proper senior players we can actually use in the first team. Circus Chelsea. 

The thing is because the players you noted above barely play and when they play there not up to scratch - how can the board flip them for a profit?

Its a shame that Casadei seems to be on his way out. I actually thought he was quite good when he played during last pre-season. Also seen him in the U21s for Italy and he did remind me alot of Ballack. oh well.

To add - we bought an injured Kellyman

Edited by Miguelito07

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Kellyman €22.5m

Veiga €14m

Wiley €10m

Guiu €6m

Washington €16m

Angelo €15m

Casadei €15m

Santos €12.5m

Fofana €12m

Slonina €9m

In theory buying a few prospects is fine , especially when they're as good as Paez and Estavao look , but they''re like kids in a sweet shop , surely the procurement budget should be split so they have X amount on prospects and X amount on ready for the first team squad players? Who's supervising this and letting it happen? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

In theory buying a few prospects is fine , especially when they're as good as Paez and Estavao look , but they''re like kids in a sweet shop , surely the procurement budget should be split so they have X amount on prospects and X amount on ready for the first team squad players? Who's supervising this and letting it happen? 

Will be interesting to see if UEFA / FA take a look at what the club are doing. Was it not those clowns who restricted the rules on the loan army because Chelsea were very good at buying players and loaning them out without any real intent on them ever making the first team.

• Agree 1