Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Another player dumb and dumber don't value moving onto a Champions League club.

A pure money grab to be honest so they can buy another half a dozen "prospects" who haven't learned to shave yet. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

A pure money grab to be honest so they can buy another half a dozen "prospects" who haven't learned to shave yet. 

It's a failed money grab at that. This time last year there were bids of 40-50m if I recall correctly. 

But hey, they've finally got the midfield they wanted: an injury prone Lavia, an overweight Enzo that can't run and poor Caicedo having to do the work of three players.

That should be good enough for a top 12 finish.

I’m surprised people are surprised we are selling Gallagher.

They’ve tried to get rid of all academy players for a while now and I think one of the reasons Poch got sacked was him defying the hierarchy by making Gallagher one of the Captains and first name on the team sheet while throwing in Chalobah as a first choice the minute he was back from his injury. 

We have an enormous amount of CBs and CMs now., all recently purchased. Of course both Chalobah and Gallagher are being sold. It’s been so obvious for so long. Just another milestone in killing off the club. They are sure as hell sticking to plan. 

CLEARLAKE OUT! 

• Like 1

I saw something earlier today that showed our options at CB (not including Chalobah who "they" want to cash in on) 

Tosin - too new to make judgement 

Desasi - I don't mind him tbh limited but not terrible 

Colwill - the Bellingham of Centre halves , thinks he's better than he is

Badiashille - ouch 

Fofana - rustier than Terry Waites bike .

It's a pitiful selection to be honest 

If Maresca can get a tune out of that lot he's a better man than I take him for. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

Or, will he tell them to stuff the move - probably sit on the bench for the season and stick £30 million in his bank-account as a signing on fee in January, for a next season move.

I know what I'd do, and out of a bit of spite too.

I was hoping Gallagher did that too if dumb and dumber weren't going to budge on their valuation but they've folded (as expected). In any case, I doubt Gallagher would have wanted to be sat in the stands in his mid 20s.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

I was hoping Gallagher did that too if dumb and dumber weren't going to budge on their valuation but they've folded (as expected). In any case, I doubt Gallagher would have wanted to be sat in the stands in his mid 20s.

For £30m ⚖️??

That sort of money, sets you up for the rest of your life to live in opulence.  Worth 8 months as not a first-team regular? Sure is for me, plus if the team doesn't do well without you, your value probably increases anyways. Fans will be on your side either way, if that means anything anyway.

Edited by east lower

Resigned myself long ago to what the club is now, so actually relieved to see Gallagher to Atletico seems on the cards. Pain was inevitable here, and him not moving to another PL club and going for a fee is the least painful of the realisitic possibilities. 

Put its off until January 2026 when he's at Spurs or Newcastle on loan, at least.

20 minutes ago, east lower said:

For £30m ⚖️??

That sort of money, sets you up for the rest of your life to live in opulence.  Worth 8 months as not a first-team regular? Sure is for me, plus if the team doesn't do well without you, your value probably increases anyways. Fans will be on your side either way, if that means anything anyway.

Tbf, once you've made the millions these guys have you're set for life any way. Some players I would guess would be happy to sit for a year but Gallagher has never struck me as that type. 

Edited by Bison

28 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m surprised people are surprised we are selling Gallagher.

They’ve tried to get rid of all academy players for a while now and I think one of the reasons Poch got sacked was him defying the hierarchy by making Gallagher one of the Captains and first name on the team sheet while throwing in Chalobah as a first choice the minute he was back from his injury. 

We have an enormous amount of CBs and CMs now., all recently purchased. Of course both Chalobah and Gallagher are being sold. It’s been so obvious for so long. Just another milestone in killing off the club. They are sure as hell sticking to plan. 

CLEARLAKE OUT! 

Do you ever get tired of being so angry all the time? Can’t be good for you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bison said:

Tbf, once you've made the millions these guys have you're set for life any way. Some players I would guess would be happy to sit for a year but Gallagher has never struck me as that type. 

There's always ways that people spend to what they're earning and beyond, works across the whole spectrum of the earnings ranges. 

An ex-PL player I know was earning plenty, £20k per week plus, 20 odd years ago. Messy divorce, failed business ventures. Not much left, it happens. So, when you get that sort of opportunity,  it's almost foolish not to take it - M'Bappe did exactly that and his earnings will be multiple times what Conor's are. But, I'd agree seems a level-headed fella. 

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I feel like everything I post nowadays is negative but not sure I’ve been this flat and unexcited going into a new season.

The Gallagher update is not surprising as they’ve obviously wanted him gone for a while but I think it’s a disastrous decision for so many reasons.  Firstly,  his style is so unique so from a tactical standpoint I wouldn’t sell.  He has improved season on season and I still think there is more (goals) to come from him.  It sends another horrible message to aspiring academy players so the next time a Tyrique George or Josh Acheampong don’t renew,  we can look to the likes of Chalobah and Gallagher and only have ourselves to blame.   And finally 35/40 million EURO’s is such a paltry amount for an English midfielder of 24 last year of his contract or not.  We could potentially get as little as £29m for him, which bearing in mind we have just spent £19m on Kellyman with ZERO senior appearances for Villa and  £30m on KDH it’s an awful deal from a commercial perspective.  Lavia cost us £60m!! 

As an aside, I also think moving Palmer central, along with Reece seemingly doing the same will completely nullify our threat from the right whilst everyone already knows we have next to nothing from the left and there will be absolutely no press from Nkunku and Palmer as 8’s.    Add in a calamity goalkeeper and I genuinely fear this could get ugly quite quickly.

So disengaged with us right now 😔

Add in the toxic situation regarding Enzo, a Championship manager willing to die on a hill for his copy and paste Guardiola tactics and the two worst sporting directors in the history of the game continuing to sabotage the club.

We're closer to a relegation battle than we are to a Champions League spot. 

Edited by Bison

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Add in the toxic situation regarding Enzo, a Championship manager willing to die on a hill for his copy and paste Guardiola tactics and the two worst sporting directors in the history of the game continuing to sabotage the club.

Cheer up-it’s Tuesday and the sun is shining!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm as certain as I can be that if Chelsea bought any of the second choice keepers from any of the Premier League top ten sides then We'd improve as a defensive unit . We have too many people at the club with an invested interest in Sanchez to come good and it is never , ever , going to happen , he's as bang average as the day is long , he's not a "sweeper Keeper" whatsoever , panics under pressure and is always caught off balance when facing an attacker.  Donnarumma's wife would be a sounder option.

Spot on as usual mate.  Couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

You’ve expressed how I feel way better than I ever could express myself. 

Cheers Dave mate. It was a bit of a tenuous one that one but it gets the point across. 

OSIMHEN on loan with Lukaku going to Napoli permanently. Credit reports coming out this morning suggesting it might be happening. 

I'l go on record as stating this is a solid piece of business from Chelsea if so, and taking him on loan is a brilliant idea. This way when he fails to settle and pines for a return to Italy because the Prem is too rough/cold/cynical/fixed/difficult, he can go and we lose nothing. But if he settles and does well we get to buy him for the fee agreed up front. 

Called this back in May, if you remember. 

I'll also go on record as stating as fact Jackson will outscore him and bench him by January as well. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, chara said:

I feel somewhat sad that Chelsea ,not the only Club but MY Club. are constantly looking abroad for keepers..

When did we last have a good English keeper? The closest we had was when Cudicini became eligible for a passport.

Before that, Hitchcock and Beasant........both of whom were nothing more than competent.

Bonetti, with Italian heritage, probably the last top class English keeper we had. 

10 hours ago, east lower said:

On the goalkeeper scenario, I took this picture from another site. And it uses poetic license slightly. But, Christ-on-a-bike it shows up the mess our club has made of trying to find a competent goalkeeper:

IMG_1423.webp

That looks ridiculous! 

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

I'm a little bit surprised the club haven't gone in for Donnarumma to be honest.

Wages the problem, I expect

51 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Based on what? I don't recall him saying or doing anything that made me think he had an ego problem

8 minutes ago, Bison said:

Gold. 

Just now, Morgs said:

OSIMHEN on loan with Lukaku going to Napoli permanently. Credit reports coming out this morning suggesting it might be happening. 

I'l go on record as stating this is a solid piece of business from Chelsea if so, and taking him on loan is a brilliant idea. 

I'll also go on record as stating Jackson will outscore him as well. 

We've also apparently bid for Max Beier........ who knows.

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

We've also apparently bid for Max Beier........ who knows.

I rate him actually, looks a good prospect. Will go back to Hoffenheim on loan if we sign him I imagine. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I saw something earlier today that showed our options at CB (not including Chalobah who "they" want to cash in on) 

Tosin - too new to make judgement 

Desasi - I don't mind him tbh limited but not terrible 

Badiashille - ouch 

Fofana - rustier than Terry Waites bike .

It's a pitiful selection to be honest 

If Maresca can get a tune out of that lot he's a better man than I take him for. 

From what I have read on Maresca's time at Leicester they shipped in alot of goals. Also, didnt he recently say that because of the style of play he wants to implement  we will probably ship in alot of goals.....which doesnt give me great confidence going into next season. However, i do think the guy from Brentford is actually quite good so maybe he can sort it out.

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Bit more on this proposed Osimhen-Lukaku swap deal…

IMG_9004.jpeg

I do think Lukaku will definitely go to Napoli. Conte more often than not always gets his way - especially in his first season. 

19 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I'l go on record as stating this is a solid piece of business from Chelsea if so, and taking him on loan is a brilliant idea. This way when he fails to settle and pines for a return to Italy because the Prem is too rough/cold/cynical/fixed/difficult, he can go and we lose nothing. But if he settles and does well we get to buy him for the fee agreed up front. 

Called this back in May, if you remember. 

I'll also go on record as stating as fact Jackson will outscore him and bench him by January as well. 

On loan, with an obligation to buy when we get CL.......who says no?

You could also see Jackson playing off the left too if Osimhen is no9

• Like 2