Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Hopefully we get the Osimhen deal done, because I do not trust us at all around Samu Omorodion.

If we didn't sign anyone up front then I'd be reasonably content with Jackson, Guiu and occasionally Nkunku, but I just think the "why didn't we buy a striker?" conversation would haunt us at times throughout the season.

17 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Bit more on this proposed Osimhen-Lukaku swap deal…

Ben Jacobs might as well be a spokesman for the TBSD, everything he says and writes is based around statistical BS

If Osimhen PSG move is off, one would think Conte would take a look at him before he is offloaded and potentially replaced by Lukaku. Lets not forget Conte's record with clubs in serie A. 

18 minutes ago, ROTG said:

If Osimhen PSG move is off, one would think Conte would take a look at him before he is offloaded and potentially replaced by Lukaku. Lets not forget Conte's record with clubs in serie A. 

I think Osimhen wants to leave - probably kind-a similar situation to Lukaku

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can't believe we will sign Beier and Osimhen. 

Was worried we were going to throw another manager under the bus by going into the season without a centre forward.  Still sounds too good to be true.  

I think the club would probably do business at Lukaku + 70m as we will likely get in the region of 70m for Gallagher and Chalobah.

But would we be able to pay his wages? 

And is it all a giant waste of time unless we buy a decent keeper?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morgs said:

I think the club would probably do business at Lukaku + 70m as we will likely get in the region of 70m for Gallagher and Chalobah.

But would we be able to pay his wages? 

And is it all a giant waste of time unless we buy a decent keeper?

We could pay his wages with Lukaku's wages off the books but might cause an issue in the dressing room. Maybe a very generous and achievable incentive scheme.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

We could pay his wages with Lukaku's wages off the books but might cause an issue in the dressing room. Maybe a very generous and achievable incentive scheme.  

the club will also save at least 5m a year in Pepperamis, Ginsters pasties and Freddos now that Fatteh Bum-Bah is off to Naples. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Morgs said:

the club will also save at least 5m a year in Pepperamis, Ginsters pasties and Freddos now that Fatteh Bum-Bah is off to Naples. 

Yawn

Nearly Enzo level

If its achievable at 70m plus Lukaku I think the club will make it happen.

There will need to be a bit of wiggle room on by both sides, in terms of his wages but I don't see why that couldn't be worked out. Those that think him coming in on high wages could effect the dressing room I'm not sure why it would, clubs have always made big money signings who generally become the highest paid players. Its nothing new. 

If the rumours are true, about the fee,  I can't see it not happening.

15 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

If its achievable at 70m plus Lukaku I think the club will make it happen.

There will need to be a bit of wiggle room on by both sides, in terms of his wages but I don't see why that couldn't be worked out. Those that think him coming in on high wages could effect the dressing room I'm not sure why it would, clubs have always made big money signings who generally become the highest paid players. Its nothing new. 

If the rumours are true, about the fee,  I can't see it not happening.

I think that is 70m euro too, not GBP

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

Enzo's food shop still on the tab so wouldn't celebrate just yet. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Yes.  £58m.  Sounds reasonable, bearing in mind it's subsidised by something we're happy to see the back of.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

Hopefully we get the Osimhen deal done, because I do not trust us at all around Samu Omorodion.

If we didn't sign anyone up front then I'd be reasonably content with Jackson, Guiu and occasionally Nkunku, but I just think the "why didn't we buy a striker?" conversation would haunt us at times throughout the season.

If the option is €70m for a bang average La Liga striker or Osimhen for €70m + fatty then it’s an easy choice. That we are even entertaining the idea of Omorodion speaks volumes. He’s a nothing player, a parenthesis. He has no business playing for a club that wants to be a top club in the Prem. but then again we are paying Guiu £100k/week and he’s as untested as they come. So anything is possible with dumb & dumber in charge.

Beier? At least he has one good season in Germany. 

But for me, if we are buying a striker (which we damn should) it’s Osimhen by a country mile. Is he a sure thing? No. But he’s the best option there is. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Absolute no brainer if we can make it happen and that's coming from someone that doesn't particularly rate Osimhen.

Mate of mine was just saying that Lukaku costs us something silly like £35m+ a year and we could almost half it with Osimhen if he agreed to around £200k per week.

Could also have the added benefit of allowing Jackson to play from the left where I think he will end up and become an elite player in that position He has all the attributes for it and unless Mudryk suddenly becomes a different player we only realistically have Sterling to play there so makes even more sense.

If Nkunku plays as the 8/10, which I suspect he will a front line of              Palmer-Osimhen-Jackson with Nkunku supporting is so full of goals it's a joke.

Edited by martin1905
  • Like 1

Ornstein saying a loan. Romano saying no chance of that. They have both pinned their posts, which whilst some may not realise when they do that it means things are happening.............

Edited by martin1905

15 minutes ago, Bison said:

Uefa, Fifa, FA...somebody...anybody...I am begging you: please ban this football  club from signing players. 

If we get Osimhen over the line we can take a transfer ban as punishment for the PDR breach. 

We won't need to sign anyone new for the next 12 years anyway so no biggie. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

If we get Osimhen over the line we can take a transfer ban as punishment for the PDR breach. 

We won't need to sign anyone new for the next 12 years anyway so no biggie. 

*We won't need to sign anyone new in order to compete because there is no intention of being a competitive team. 12 years of Mudryk trying to learn how to play football. Enjoy.