Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

*We won't need to sign anyone new in order to compete because there is no intention of being a competitive team. 12 years of Mudryk trying to learn how to play football. Enjoy. 

Yes they are clearly buying players with the intention of making the team unsuccessful. 

Makes a lot of sense.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes they are clearly buying players with the intention of making the team unsuccessful. 

Makes a lot of sense.

Haha, I do wonder if people are actually thinking before they post these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

*We won't need to sign anyone new in order to compete because there is no intention of being a competitive team. 12 years of Mudryk trying to learn how to play football. Enjoy. 

Bet you're fun at parties

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I know you’ll be as anxious as the rest of us that we don’t sell Ben Chilwell. 💀🙌🏻🙃🩷💯

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Makes a lot of sense.

They certainly could have fooled me. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Or maybe they do know and can see the positives, unlike the miserable get in the corner🤷🏻‍♂️

What positives? I’m throwing up on this “how dare you criticise the club” rubbish. The way some of you act is ridiculous. If you don’t like fans that has supported this club for 30+ years voicing their opinion perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you view your fellow fans? It doesn’t make you a better supporter that you swallow everything the club says or does. Trying to defend the stuff that’s going on now is a clear sign of being completely out of touch with what this club once was. Even under Roman we had a soul. What we see now is a plastic shit show run by a few crazy bankers who think English football = private equity. They don’t get it, and since they don’t, they’ll never be successful. 

Look at Man U. We are basically them only Clearlake is worse than the Glazers. 

39 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

They certainly could have fooled me. 

What positives? I’m throwing up on this “how dare you criticise the club” rubbish. The way some of you act is ridiculous. If you don’t like fans that has supported this club for 30+ years voicing their opinion perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you view your fellow fans? It doesn’t make you a better supporter that you swallow everything the club says or does. Trying to defend the stuff that’s going on now is a clear sign of being completely out of touch with what this club once was. Even under Roman we had a soul. What we see now is a plastic shit show run by a few crazy bankers who think English football = private equity. They don’t get it, and since they don’t, they’ll never be successful. 

Look at Man U. We are basically them only Clearlake is worse than the Glazers. 

Calm the f*CK down. You're the one ranting "how dare you protect the club?". 

You think everything is shit. I don't. 

Deal with it. 

• Love 1

Gallagher deal agreed with Atletico Madrid, up to Conor now to decide. Not surprised, they don’t care about fan opinion and have made it abundantly clear that they’ll  sell anyone we have a connection with, should please the foreign contingent on X though. 

Edited by Floyd25

8 hours ago, Ham said:

Makes a lot of sense.

So how many seasons do we have to wait until the bag of dolly mixtures becomes serial winners of qualifying for CL season after season, winning domestic and Europeans cup at least every other season?

Also what other club has built a team based on the opinions of scouts without any input from the coach/manager. 

Also hires yes man coach who will coach a squad given to him and more likely pick players as directed by the scouts/owners?

Tell which is the higher since creamcakes took over positives or negatives?

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

So how many seasons do we have to wait until the bag of dolly mixtures becomes serial winners of qualifying for CL season after season, winning domestic and Europeans cup at least every other season?

Also what other club has built a team based on the opinions of scouts without any input from the coach/manager. 

Also hires yes man coach who will coach a squad given to him and more likely pick players as directed by the scouts/owners?

Tell which is the higher since creamcakes took over positives or negatives?

A LOT of supposition there. 👀💀🙃💯

28 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

A LOT of supposition there. 👀💀🙃💯

not really

who built the squad, coaches or the gruesome twosome?

the only supposition is the team selection, however that supposition will be eradicated, should Enzo Fernandez play for the team this season 

Edited by ROTG

This will be one of the worst decisions our owners have made. From a relationship with the fans basis but also from a performance basis. Gallagher was our best player behind only Palmer last season, he was our captain for the vast majority of the season, he worked harder on the pitch than anyone else and he loves the club. You just don’t sell those sorts of players. He is the connection between the players and the fans.

Some will say that we don’t know all the details and that maybe Gallagher is refusing to sign a contract. Maybe, but personally I just don’t think that would be the case.

If they sell Gallagher, I don’t see how anyone could defend that decision. Awful.

• Love 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This will be one of the worst decisions our owners have made. From a relationship with the fans basis but also from a performance basis. Gallagher was our best player behind only Palmer last season, he was our captain for the vast majority of the season, he worked harder on the pitch than anyone else and he loves the club. You just don’t sell those sorts of players. He is the connection between the players and the fans.

Some will say that we don’t know all the details and that maybe Gallagher is refusing to sign a contract. Maybe, but personally I just don’t think that would be the case.

If they sell Gallagher, I don’t see how anyone could defend that decision. Awful.

Only a couple more players left then Clearlake have  managed to obliterate anything that had a connection to the RA era, including backroom and support staff 

I guess they will wait another season before moving RJ on 

47 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As @Floyd25 attested to earlier , there will be plenty of very vocal , foreign , stupid , opinionated imbeciles on "X" who don't rate Gallagher , presumably because he's not highly rated on FC25 . Meanwhile those who actually support Chelsea will be sad to see him go , although I will add the caveat that we have already signed Dewsbury-Hall to replace his role in the side and there is a possibility that his attributes match our aspirations going forward better than Gallaghers do , He'd be the very last player I'd sell but what do I know , I'm just a fat bloke on the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yep. Terrible decision, but one that has been coming for 12 months now. 

I don't actually think he is a great  player and he wouldn't get near the team for some of our best midfields in the last 20 years. However, he is important to us NOW! Yet now does not appear to be a word that means anything in the vocab of this ownership, its all jam tomorrow bollocks.

He's been on his way for many months now. The day we went and spent £30m on KDH was the final nail in the coffin for Gallagher being sold. Nothing against KDH, he probably has more natural talent that Conor, but yet to prove he can be more effective. We simply didn't really need him, unless the plan was to follow through with punting Gallagher our somewhere.

I just despise everything this club stands for right now. I'm bored and sick of us signing unproven teenagers with no connection or identity at the club, at the expense of players who want to be here and care about the club.

Yep, to pretty much all that. I've said it many times before, but whilst Gallagher isn't the most gifted player we have, he has things about him that you just don't replace. You can't replace his heart or love for the club, which no doubt gives him that extra 10% on a match day. You will struggle to find someone to replace his work rate and you will almost definitely struggle to find someone so willing to lead the press, even when his team mates don't bother to help him out.

Gutted if he goes, but pleased for him that he'll be off playing Champions League football.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, to pretty much all that. I've said it many times before, but whilst Gallagher isn't the most gifted player we have, he has things about him that you just don't replace. You can't replace his heart or love for the club, which no doubt gives him that extra 10% on a match day. You will struggle to find someone to replace his work rate and you will almost definitely struggle to find someone so willing to lead the press, even when his team mates don't bother to help him out.

Gutted if he goes, but pleased for him that he'll be off playing Champions League football.

Agreed, he wouldn't be an undisputed starter going forward, but an important player to bring on at the end of matches or rotation option. Exactly what you would want from an academy graduate!

I imagine we'll hear stories put out by the 4-5 club mouthpieces that he wasn't happy at Chelsea, refused to sign a very good contract, etc. The same character assassination we had with Mason Mount.

The only good thing is that he's going to Spain, not a PL rival.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I lost all connection to anyone in the youth team the moment Mason Mount decided he wanted to play for Manchester United.

Now, whilst I love Connor and when literally everyone, including most on here didn't rate him or see him as ever being good enough to play for us, he's no Mason Mount.

He's not the young boy in the video  putting a free kick in the 'top bins'. He's not that same boy who went on to win the European Cup fulfilling his and our dreams. As soon as it became clear that someone like that could turn his back on us and even contemplate United any affection I had, any attachment I had to our young players, that had simply gone.

Now, obviously Connor is different and whilst I'd have loved him to stay I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. 

What does make me smile though is  how 99% of people would have happily sold him a year or two ago. If he had gone to Palace for £30m+ most people would have said that was good business. I wonder how many are the same people that are now getting angry about it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Agreed, he wouldn't be an undisputed starter going forward, but an important player to bring on at the end of matches or rotation option. Exactly what you would want from an academy graduate!

But what if he doesn't want that? I think it's fair to say he isn't going to be the same player this year, just because of the system we will play.

I said last summer, when the majority were claiming he wasn't good enough, he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet. Not only was he, he was made captain. The moment Pochettino went Conor's position in the squad changed. 

Should we expect him to be happy with a different role, being an impact player after the season he just had?

Everyone's assuming the club haven't offered him a new contract, and whilst that may well, most likely even, be the case what if the player wasn't willing to commit until he has had reassurances of his place in the team?

What if he just doesn't suit the football we want to play going forward he knows this and has decided to make a change for the good of his career? Maybe he always wanted to play abroad? So many things we just don't know.

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I lost all connection to anyone in the youth team the moment Mason Mount decided he wanted to play for Manchester United.

Now, whilst I love Connor and when literally everyone, including most on here didn't rate him or see him as ever being good enough to play for us, he's no Mason Mount.

He's not the young boy in the video  putting a free kick in the 'top bins'. He's not that same boy who went on to win the European Cup fulfilling his and our dreams. As soon as it became clear that someone like that could turn his back on us and even contemplate United any affection I had, any attachment I had to our young players, that had simply gone.

Now, obviously Connor is different and whilst I'd have loved him to stay I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. 

What does make me smile though is  how 99% of people would have happily sold him a year or two ago. If he had gone to Palace for £30m+ most people would have said that was good business. I wonder how many are the same people that are now getting angry about it.

Balanced as always, Martin. I don’t want Conor or Trev to go BUT as I always say it’s easy to blame “the club”, when it could be that he just wants to leave, he might be asking for too much, who knows? Trev is different though imo. He has a long deal and it seems that maybe Maresca doesn’t want him etc. Either way I’m sad about both leaving. KDH looks good, but I guess it’s another Chelsea boy leaving. It’s bad enough we’ve lost our identity and philosophy! I’m feeling less and less connected to the players and club as time goes on. It just doesn’t feel like Chelsea. Two years in and I’m still wondering where my club is. 😔😔😔🩷

• Like 1

Like most it's difficult to not be somewhat disappointed by the seemingly impending departure of Gallagher. While I wouldn't be selling him personally, I do recognise that with the football direction we're trying to move towards he doesn't necessarily fit seamlessly into. 

The silver lining I suppose is that if he is to leave it'll be outside of the Premier League - for now at least. I do think he'll probably end up back in the league within the next 2-3 years but Atletico's football would suit the sort of player Gallagher is and his strengths. 

End of the day players come and go I guess, that's football.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1