Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, Morgs said:

OK- how about a change of tack.

Who would be interested in a CFC-NET drinks meet-up in London in a couple of weeks? Would be nice to meet a few of you, and maybe if we can buy each other a pint or a mineral water, perhaps things might be a little less strained.

Any interest? Anyone?

I'd be interested to hear details.  This has been mooted a couple of times. 

34 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I don't think anyone thinks the club deliberately tried to build a poop squad, what the club have done is hired a couple of unqualified scouts tried to build a squad without any input from the key player the first team coach/Manager 

@Ham obviously knows this but decided to takes things literally because it's easier to argue against.

Anyway

cover5.jpg

37 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I don't think anyone thinks the club deliberately tried to build a poop squad, what the club have done is hired a couple of unqualified scouts tried to build a squad without any input from the key player the first team coach/Manager 

So you think KdH had nothing to do with Maresca? Strange coincidence he landed here about 6 minutes after he was appointed. 

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

@Ham obviously knows this but decided to takes things literally because it's easier to argue against.

Anyway

cover5.jpg

Own what you post;

"We won't need to sign anyone new in order to compete because there is no intention of being a competitive team. 12 years of Mudryk trying to learn how to play football. Enjoy"

Just now, Ham said:

Own what you post;

"We won't need to sign anyone new in order to compete because there is no intention of being a competitive team. 12 years of Mudryk trying to learn how to play football. Enjoy"

No intention of being competitive.

Player trading operation and nothing more. We have a squad of about 45 players with half a dozen goalkeepers. What about this is meant to be a competitive team? 

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Sorry to hear that Martin.  Hope you're on the right track now.

(No pun was intended when I typed that but I had to leave it in after consideration 😉).

Same from me.... one of the toughest guys I know still has the residue of PTSD from Vietnam..life back on track but is still on his shoulders.

Truly best thoughts from me Martin.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Who would be interested in a CFC-NET drinks meet-up in London in a couple of weeks? Would be nice to meet a few of you, and maybe if we can buy each other a pint or a mineral water, perhaps things might be a little less strained.

Any interest? Anyone?

Yeah, I would be interested in this... but can we make it further out than a couple of weeks, i'll be away for a few weeks from Monday.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, I would be interested in this... but can we make it further out than a couple of weeks, i'll be away for a few weeks from Monday.

If it comes about would love to see group photos!..... how will my mental image of members compare to real life😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bison said:

No intention of being competitive.

Player trading operation and nothing more. We have a squad of about 45 players with half a dozen goalkeepers. What about this is meant to be a competitive team? 

The value of their investment won't go up because of player trading.  That's peanuts in the grander scheme of things.

Success is what will truly grow the value of the club.  We've had a poor couple of years and look at the half empty stadia in the US.  They were full a few years ago.  Also, we're not the featured game on the overseas streams I watch.  We used to be.  

If we compete again for the PL and CL, their investment will be safe.  

The player trading is only for PSR/FFP purposes. 

18 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd be interested to hear details.  This has been mooted a couple of times. 

39 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Any interest? Anyone?

What about during the first international break, or thereabouts?

Can moan / cheer about the first few games and see where we are? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Any interest? Anyone?

Me2

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

What about during the first international break, or thereabouts?

Can moan / cheer about the first few games and see where we are? 

When is that?

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

Me3. But after/before a game, some rationale behind gathering and probably a lot to gossip about?

Optimism before City / vs / deep deep depression after?

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

The value of their investment won't go up because of player trading.  That's peanuts in the grander scheme of things.

Success is what will truly grow the value of the club.  We've had a poor couple of years and look at the half empty stadia in the US.  They were full a few years ago.  Also, we're not the featured game on the overseas streams I watch.  We used to be.  

If we compete again for the PL and CL, their investment will be safe.  

The player trading is only for PSR/FFP purposes. 

I have little difficulty in watching the tour games but as I posted elsewhere the level of tour participation by top clubs over here has reached saturation point both in appearances and media coverage.... and it's not a cheap option now to go to a tour game..There are still promotional "bargain" deals available here in Denver for soccer and had I paid out a lot of cash to see the first two games I would have felt somewhat cheated,,forget the "Wrexham" type enthusiasm of the easily led and trendy sports watcher...real Football followers understand the reality and react accordingly.

4 hours ago, east lower said:

If we perform and finish top four, most will forget Conor, quite quickly. 

Gone are the days where we sell Meireles and buy Oscar. Or sell Sidwell and buy Deco.

If we sell Gallagher, there's no upgrade arriving. We need his energy, experience and blue blood. Otherwise we have no identity and no leadership. I see no stand out captain in our squad if he leaves.

3 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

If we sell Gallagher, there's no upgrade arriving.

Well, you could argue it's already here.

Lavia to come back in, then Caceido, Enzo, and KdH playing ahead. Palmer or Nkunku options for the 10 (where CG played a fair bit)

We're not short there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Gone are the days where we sell Meireles and buy Oscar. Or sell Sidwell and buy Deco.

If we sell Gallagher, there's no upgrade arriving. We need his energy, experience and blue blood. Otherwise we have no identity and no leadership. I see no stand out captain in our squad if he leaves.

Dewsbury-Hall is his replacement in the squad. For once we bought before selling.

17 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

I’d make Palmer skipper. James has not covered himself in glory and his injury record speaks for itself. 

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Christ, the idea of having to say out loud, in a pub no less, "I'm thevelourfog" ...

I need to see you positively bounding through the door, exclaiming this in lung- bursting fashion 😂