Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

So you think KdH had nothing to do with Maresca? Strange coincidence he landed here about 6 minutes after he was appointed. 

Rinse and repeat answer from me here

championed KDH last summer when the club sniffed at him and got shot down on here.

All of a sudden a championship player  is now being touted as a better player than England  international who was selected and played in the Euros.  

Ted Lasso could have been the coach, the sports department had identified him as a direct replacement for CG. 

30 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Rinse and repeat answer from me here

championed KDH last summer when the club sniffed at him and got shot down on here.

All of a sudden a championship player  is now being touted as a better player than England  international who was selected and played in the Euros.  

Ted Lasso could have been the coach, the sports department had identified him as a direct replacement for CG. 

You're arguing against the wrong thing here nobody is saying he's a better player, you said the coach had no input in who we sign and Paul rightly offered KDH as proof they had listened to who he wanted. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Christ, the idea of having to say out loud, in a pub no less, "I'm thevelourfog" ...

You’re bad for having a handle you can’t whistle … 😗 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bertles86 said:

Gone are the days where we sell Meireles and buy Oscar. Or sell Sidwell and buy Deco.

If we sell Gallagher, there's no upgrade arriving. We need his energy, experience and blue blood. Otherwise we have no identity and no leadership. I see no stand out captain in our squad if he leaves.

I absolutely agree with all you have said there. It's been a deliberate strategy to rid the club of all middle-management and above that was part of Roman's structure. 

They are squeezing every last drop of identity we have had, hoping that their new methods will succeed and we will forget. 

I won't and from your comments, maybe you will not either,  but most will if success follows. Don't get me wrong, success will soften the blows for me also but I think 'success' is a destination that's keeping it's distance from us and we're not catching it yet or for a little while. We forgot Robben, Duff, Bridge etc. We'll forget Gallagher,  Chalobah but they are the solid club players that really good units utilise, not discard, just because it balances the books. Simple,  just stop buying dross the so, so players, then you don't need to shift real assets - it's not always the tangible things that add value, especially so in real football. That's the bit the new owners clearly don't get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Christ, the idea of having to say out loud, in a pub no less, "I'm thevelourfog" ...

Every so often, I come into this thread wondering if there is something I might have missed and am presented with something completely inexplicable and leave quickly.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

You're arguing against the wrong thing here nobody is saying he's a better player, you said the coach had no input in who we sign and Paul rightly offered KDH as proof they had listened to who he wanted. 

I have had this with @ROTG earlier in these pages and  with genuine respect to him he did the same thing, the same usual rant about “TBSD” and “yes men” etc. 💀💀💀🩷

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

I absolutely agree with all you have said there. It's been a deliberate strategy to rid the club of all middle-management and above that was part of Roman's structure. 

They are squeezing every last drop of identity we have had, hoping that their new methods will succeed and we will forget. 

I won't and from your comments, maybe you will not either,  but most will if success follows. Don't get me wrong, success will soften the blows for me also but I think 'success' is a destination that's keeping it's distance from us and we're not catching it yet or for a little while. We forgot Robben, Duff, Bridge etc. We'll forget Gallagher,  Chalobah but they are the solid club players that really good units utilise, not discard, just because it balances the books. Simple,  just stop buying dross the so, so players, then you don't need to shift real assets - it's not always the tangible things that add value, especially so in real football. That's the bit the new owners clearly don't get.

We aren’t Chelsea anymore. Took decades to create and it was instantly destroyed . 😔💯✌️

57 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I have had this with @ROTG earlier in these pages and  with genuine respect to him he did the same thing, the same usual rant about “TBSD” and “yes men” etc. 💀💀💀🩷

Me too, a week or so back. Pointed out that the signings of both KD-H and Renato Veiga suggested that the coach WAS being consulted (maybe even indulged a little) after all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

5 hours ago, Ham said:

I need to see you positively bounding through the door, exclaiming this in lung- bursting fashion 😂

To see you two bonding over a pint would make my day 😉

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Sorry, didn’t mean anything by it.

Don't worry Jane...all taken as meant I believe.... fwiw I usually bond with almost anyone over a pint!...and would love to be at a gathering with all the scallywags and reprobates from CFCnet!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

As per Ham’s post above it looks like the club are keen to get their version of events out there…

IMG_9008.jpeg

If correct then puts a different light on the issue...wonder why,and what, he turned offers down.

5 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

As per Ham’s post above it looks like the club are keen to get their version of events out there…

IMG_9008.jpeg

More briefs going on than in a Calvin Klein underwear photo shoot!

Other brands are available.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chara said:

If correct then puts a different light on the issue...wonder why,and what, he turned offers down.

There’s mention in one of the pieces that he sees himself as a starter rather than a squad player. That may have been the case last season under Poch but unlikely under Maresca I think. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, you could argue it's already here.

Lavia to come back in, then Caceido, Enzo, and KdH playing ahead. Palmer or Nkunku options for the 10 (where CG played a fair bit)

We're not short there. 

I think you will find caceido, Enzo, Lavia are from knotty Ash 

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ok

Don't you remember your post to me last season about KDH is not coming to Chelsea. 

Anyway nice to see the club allegedly selling and England international for £4m more than his championship replacement 

• Sad 1

So now they’ll keep telling us Gallagher has turned down all the contracts they’ve offered and he wanted out. Don’t believe it, personally. Even if it was true, I don’t blame him, after the season he had he gets offered an extension of 2 seasons and an option for a 3rd, when they’re dishing out 7/8 year contracts to players who have barely played any top level football. Stinks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1