Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why would you want to see that? To make a point ? About something none of us know any of the facts about?

I was being sarcastic, something you should know about as practically every post of yours is dripping in it. Gallagher is no Lampard or Ballack but works his bollox off and shows an ounce of aggression. I don't see any of our current midfield replicating this.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Where does it say that Connor wants a guarantee of more playing time or being a nailed on fixture in the team? He was Chelsea captain last season and played nearly every game. When they say he's been offered wages that match the top earners, is that players from the previous regime ie: Sterling, James etc or on a par with players who have been bought by the new owners. The fact that certain Twitter commentators have released the same briefing at the same time stinks of brown envelopes. Cannot wait to see our lightweight midfield get run through on a regular basis.

On par with the highest earning midfielder which I'm guessing would be Enzo or Caicedo. 

Sounds fair to me.  

With a 2+1 that would give time for Willian and Paez  

However if Lavia stays fit it seems Gallagher would maybe not play as much as he likes or possibly deserves so he would go

still need a striker though unless one of the 9 keepers are being converted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

I was being sarcastic, something you should know about as practically every post of yours is dripping in it. Gallagher is no Lampard or Ballack but works his bollox off and shows an ounce of aggression. I don't see any of our current midfield replicating this.

Ohhhhh right .

Was that what you mean? 

Where does it say that Connor wants a guarantee of more playing time or being a nailed on fixture in the team? He was Chelsea captain last season and played nearly every game.

Well, I think it's fairly obvious that during the conversations, where he has apparently turned down 3 contracts in the past two years they would have discussed his role in the squad. Especially as these conversations started after he returned from loan.

No ones said anything about him being a nailed on starter, just that during 2 years of negotiations fair chance it was discussed. 

When they say he's been offered wages that match the top earners, is that players from the previous regime ie: Sterling, James etc or on a par with players who have been bought by the new owners.

Wages that match the top earners in his position. The whole midfield, other than Conor has been bought by these owners so safe to say its players from the current regime. 

The fact that certain Twitter commentators have released the same briefing at the same time stinks of brown envelopes. Cannot wait to see our lightweight midfield get run through on a regular basis.

They can't win.

Say nothing and everyone gets angry about the sale of a player.

Put out that in fact they have offered multiple contracts that have been turned down and people still find reasons to moan.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

[SNIP]

The fact that certain Twitter commentators have released the same briefing at the same time stinks of brown envelopes. Cannot wait to see our lightweight midfield get run through on a regular basis.

More than likely the club sent out a statement of some sort which was embargoed until a particular time, hence everyone tweeting at the same time.  Nothing sinister in that. It happens from government departments to industry/finance/ etc., as well as sports clubs such as Chelsea FC

• Like 1

Some thoughts,,however muddled fwiw,,,Conor it seems has been offered reasonable contracts from a financial pov,

For any player playing time depends on so many changable factors,,,form not the least of them but many other unknowns that arise during a season of hard attritional football,

To state a player will or will not be considered a senior leader etc is laughable,,,such "titles" cannot be awarded or rescinded....imagine,,"Sorry JT you are no longer a voice in the dressing room or the club in general",,,or another time.:"Ziyech you are now the voice and senior leader" 

To "demand" playing time is just not realistic for anyone and it seems to me that Conor is getting a lot of "support" for reasons not related to the realities of the business,,,from a sports pov love him and his contribution and not happy to see him move on but that is from a Chelsea follower perspective,,,player turns down offer..leaves club...part of the every day football world.

Let's not turn this into a Mason Mount type issue/drama,,,a good player moves on and don't lose sight of the fact that for all the media speculation I see very little proof of any top EPL club seriously going after him.... a telling sign.

Feels wrong to side however mildly with Todd and Co but just maybe it's not just all about them wanting him as an asset sold?....We assume Conor is as attached to Chelsea as we all are but it his (short) career, not our fantasy wish list and like any player he has to make the best use of it while he can.

Any smell of an agents grubby hand in this?

11 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

You believe all the BS on socials? Seriously? 🫡🤣🤪💯💀

One could ask the same question about stuff written on this forum?

9 hours ago, chara said:

Some thoughts,,however muddled fwiw,,,Conor it seems has been offered reasonable contracts from a financial pov,

FWIW

Maybe Connor has just said fcuk it to everything and will wait until January when he can decide his own destiny. 

Why should anyone expect Connor to sign a contract extension when it's been blatantly obvious the club wanted to sell him over the past couple of seasons and signing an extension only strengthens their hand on the size of the fee, because one assumes their view on moving him on for profit has not changed. 

If he's gone down the fcuk it route, I am fully supportive of his plan. 

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, chara said:

Any smell of an agents grubby hand in this?

On paragraph 1 - I’ve not seen what the well briefed and  journalist generated reports of the ‘contract offers’ were. 

Paragraph 2 - Not for me really in this one. It smacks of the big boys who like getting their own way, but are struggling to do so.

Just my experience, but in any successful  negotiation both parties have to feel that they win. The owners clearly want him out and the funds banked (same with Trevoh), I’m not sure that Conor wants to go. It would seem he wanted parity in terms of pay with recent acquisitions, which in my mind isn’t completely unfair but maybe a little ambitious, given that there are limitations as regards ability for Conor (but so has Fernandez). Owners wanted their own way and have tried to ‘force’ the issue, he’s kicking back - or at the least appears to be. They didn’t want him to go to Villa, but Athleti is ok? Get stuffed, I choose what country I get to live and work in!

FWIW so would have I. Sat still, watched the landscape and trousered a massive signing on fee next year.

Lesson taught for the owners and directors - learn to negotiate properly. American rules don’t apply here. Especially around employment.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

On 31/07/2024 at 10:16, chiswickblue said:

And so begins the demonising of players that the club obviously want to sell! 

They want out, they want to play regularly, they don't see a pathway at the club, etc. etc. Mount always wanted to play for Man Utd, Hall always wanted to play for Newcastle, etc.

On 01/08/2024 at 00:35, Ham said:

This is the new way the club operates.

Sell off all the academy players, even the ones who are regulars. Get their mouthpieces on X to run with clearly briefed stories to lay the blame on the player. It has happened so many times now I’m surprised anyone is falling for this. 

On 01/08/2024 at 06:15, My Blood Is Blue said:

So now they’ll keep telling us Gallagher has turned down all the contracts they’ve offered and he wanted out. Don’t believe it, personally. Even if it was true, I don’t blame him, after the season he had he gets offered an extension of 2 seasons and an option for a 3rd, when they’re dishing out 7/8 year contracts to players who have barely played any top level football. Stinks.

Isn’t it our own we should hand out 7 year contracts to? Even in the clearly briefed and fabricated story they don’t seem to get it. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This is the new way the club operates.

Sell off all the academy players, even the ones who are regulars. Get their mouthpieces on X to run with clearly briefed stories to lay the blame on the player. It has happened so many times now I’m surprised anyone is falling for this. 

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Isn’t it our own we should hand out 7 year contracts to? Even in the clearly briefed and fabricated story they don’t seem to get it. 

Wasn't just the usual suspects that got briefed. It was everyone including Romano and Solekhol.

They were quite specific that he was offered a 2 year plus one deal at the same amount as the highest paid midfielder at the club.  That would be Enzo on £9.3m a year. 

Where's the ambiguity? What are they lying about? 

Conor's team would be quick to rebut if the briefing was false. 

Edited by Ham

2 hours ago, east lower said:

[SNIP]

They didn’t want him to go to Villa, but Athleti is ok? Get stuffed, I choose what country I get to live and work in!

[SNIP]

Actually, as I understand it, the club accepted an offer from Villa, but it was Connor who didn't want to move to the Midlands.  The club have now seemingly accepted an offer from AM and it's now, again, up to Connor to say yay or nay.

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Actually, as I understand it, the club accepted an offer from Villa, but it was Connor who didn't want to move to the Midlands.  The club have now seemingly accepted an offer from AM and it's now, again, up to Connor to say yay or nay.

Not sure, I believe that. If that happened, it was in the winter window.

Sounds like a club positioning statement.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Wasn't just the usual suspects that got briefed. It was everyone including Romano and Solekhol.

They were quite specific that he was offered a 2 year plus one deal at the same amount as the highest paid midfielder at the club.  That would be Enzo on £9.3m a year. 

Where's the ambiguity? What are they lying about? 

Conor's team would be quick to rebut if the briefing was false. 

I know your post isn't aimed at me because I've not commented on the situation but from my perspective it isn't that that are lying in the briefing necessarily, it's actually what they've offered him. 

He's 24 years old coming into his prime years, why on earth would he accept a 2 year deal?   If he accepted it, by the end of next season he'd be in exactly the same position he's in today.   And the fact that they've put out a mass briefing like this paints them in a good light just shows how tone deaf they are. 

Gallagher's next deal is likely to be the biggest of his career and clearly he wants the security that goes with that.  We had no trouble tying in the likes of Colwill, Chalobah and Broja to long contracts so this just smacks of trying to ensure they protect their asset from leaving for free.