Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

52 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep just him apparently.

Even though by his own definition Poch done great with the very same players . 

what about the Spanish poodle at the latter end of the season and in the Euros???  according to some on here, he has become the best LB since mother pride

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ROTG said:

what about the Spanish poodle at the latter end of the season and in the Euros???  according to some on here, he has become the best LB since mother pride

I dunno , why didn't you include him in your one good signing rant? 

Also it's not just "some on here" it was UEFA who decided he was the best LB at the Euros. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I dunno , why didn't you include him in your one good signing rant? 

Also it's not just "some on here" it was UEFA who decided he was the best LB at the Euros. 

That's because he not exceeded his original purchase fee and IMO he will be found out again in Mascara system, which will not be the poodles fault.

43 minutes ago, ROTG said:

That's because he not exceeded his original purchase fee and IMO he will be found out again in Mascara system, which will not be the poodles fault.

OMG. He’s not perfect but he’s improved a lot. What do you want exactly? Why is he a “poodle”? Can’t you give credit where it’s due? 👀💀💯✌️

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

OMG. He’s not perfect but he’s improved a lot. What do you want exactly? Why is he a “poodle”? Can’t you give credit where it’s due? 👀💀💯✌️

I think it's the hair , I've got a Poodle and he takes no prisoners , believe me , I've had to tell him off every day for attacking the others . 

• Haha 2

I want to know who's going to captain the side when James is injured and so is chilly? At least Conor put some effort in and showed the others some fighting spirit. Who's going to do that now ?

• Like 2

Just now, Rick1977 said:

I want to know who's going to captain the side when James is injured and so is chilly? At least Conor put some effort in and showed the others some fighting spirit. Who's going to do that now ?

Frankly speaking Reece James is not the best leader and I’d venture that should there be another financial mis-management hole to plug, he’s a leading candidate for that sale.

The team lacks a leader or three and it will be interesting to see who might pick up that baton. 

Look at Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool you can pick their leaders out, ours you genuinely cannot. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, east lower said:

Frankly speaking Reece James is not the best leader and I’d venture that should there be another financial mis-management hole to plug, he’s a leading candidate for that sale.

The team lacks a leader or three and it will be interesting to see who might pick up that baton. 

Look at Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool you can pick their leaders out, ours you genuinely cannot. 

I would sell James anyway I feel he's always going to be injured so that wouldn't bother me tbh  but yes we desperately need 2 or 3 real "men" in the team. Just as we did before the start of the transfer window 

Edited by Rick1977

9 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

I would sell James anyway I feel he's always going to be injured so that wouldn't bother me tbh  but yes we desperately need 2 or 3 real "men" in the team. Just as we did before the start of the transfer window 

This is gonna sound ridiculous.

And I know the bar’s low. 

But I do think Gusto seems to have a good head on his shoulders. 🫶🏻🙈😬👀

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

And just as we did at the start of last season. We didn’t need to be fortune-tellers to know Silva wouldn’t get a new contract, that Reece James will miss a third of a season with injuries etc.

Instead we spend £100m+ on unproven young men, who’ve never kicked a PL ball in their lives yet and won’t until 2025 at the earliest.

I’m all for buying the future potential, no good if we’re languishing mid/bottom table. If they turn out as good as we hope they will be, they’ll already be eyeing up Real Madrid - but maybe that’s all part of the master plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigpokey24 said:

I think we need 4 strikers this season .  This is how we used to  be competitive, let them all compete .  Get a top signing like Osimhen , and the rest can compete with him . 

The problem is keeping 4 strikers happy, even assuming we get through to the latter stages of all competitions. 

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

But, will he get a game?

I think this has stemmed from in the hypothetical situation Reece is sold/injured, so Gusto is the positional alternative - not sure he's captain material though (yet) 

Colwill captained last year at Utd away (?), I'd give it to him in the absence of Reece/Chillwell. Can see it going to Enzo though

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, east lower said:

But, will he get a game?

🙃 when Reecey is ruled out for months he will.

To your other point - Cole Palmer will be gone next summer if we aren’t really challenging. And I wouldn’t blame him. 😔💀👀💯

43 minutes ago, east lower said:

That will be Levi Colwill imo. James has a terrible injury record and is on huge wages on a long contract. He is, I think, more likely to become a financial issue for us rather than a solution.

Adore him as a player and bloke, so hope to be very wrong.

We haven't sold the women off yet, have we? Maybe that's 2025's plan.

26 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Samu Omorodion gathering pace. 

I have no idea if he is any good or not. I just know I'd rather have Conor Gallagher in the side. 

This and ...

41 minutes ago, Bison said:

Laughing out loud at what we've become. A shell of a club. 

... this. So we're actually going to give Atletico that money they need to sign Gallagher so we can have it back as "pure profit" to spend on another  completely separate fucking portfolio signing kid.

We're so done as an actual football club.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This and ...

... this. So we're actually going to give Atletico that money they need to sign Gallagher so we can have it back as "pure profit" to spend on another  completely separate fucking portfolio signing kid.

We're so done as an actual football club.

No - we're giving them money then can use toward Julian Alvarez

13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

That will be Levi Colwill imo. James has a terrible injury record and is on huge wages on a long contract. He is, I think, more likely to become a financial issue for us rather than a solution.

Adore him as a player and bloke, so hope to be very wrong.

We haven't sold the women off yet, have we? Maybe that's 2025's plan.

Yes, you may be right - Depends on who's got the highest ceiling in terms of sale price vs 'profit' for PSR terms. I can't remember whether this current lot or Roman gave Reece his contract? If it was Marina, he'll be the one.

As for the ladies, they've managed to cheese-off the most Chelsea manager we've had in a good few years - So much so, that she left - and my reading of her was she absolutely adored Chelsea.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 1

Just now, east lower said:

Yes, you may be right - Depends on who's got the highest ceiling in terms of sale price vs 'profit' for PSR terms. I can't remember whether this current lot or Roman gave Reece his contract? If it was Marina, he'll be the one.

Didn't he sign just before Abramovich was banned from the country ? 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Didn't he sign just before Abramovich was banned from the country ? 

Reece and Colwill both given new contracts under Clearlake - Reece signed a 6yr in Sep-22, Colwill 6yr+1yr in Aug-23

• Thanks 1