Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

4 minutes ago, VA96 said:

No - we're giving them money then can use toward Julian Alvarez

Seems a pointless distinction.  They're getting a load of money for the players they want, and potentially from one of the clubs they're buying from. 

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Yes, you may be right - Depends on who's got the highest ceiling in terms of sale price vs 'profit' for PSR terms. I can't remember whether this current lot or Roman gave Reece his contract? If it was Marina, he'll be the one.

As for the ladies, they've managed to cheese-off the most Chelsea manager we've had in a good few years - So much so, that she left - and my reading of her was she absolutely adored Chelsea.

It was this lot, September 2022. Part of a different strategy though, I suppose, given the shift in January 2023. 

10 minutes ago, VA96 said:

Reece and Colwill both given new contracts under Clearlake - Reece signed a 6yr in Sep-22, Colwill 6yr+1yr in Aug-23

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It was this lot, September 2022. Part of a different strategy though, I suppose, given the shift in January 2023. 

Thanks, to you both.

That would have been before they realised Strategy #1  & #2 were all messed-up and they needed to sell property (to themselves) and sell off home-growns to make up for their mistakes.

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This and ...

... this. So we're actually going to give Atletico that money they need to sign Gallagher so we can have it back as "pure profit" to spend on another  completely separate fucking portfolio signing kid.

We're so done as an actual football club.

I can't think of a single sporting 'project' that has been this badly managed. Just an absolute disaster whichever way you look at it.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Bison said:

I can't think of a single sporting 'project' that has been this badly managed. Just an absolute disaster whichever way you look at it.

Try saying “Fossetts Farm” to a Southend supporter. We’ve not had it anywhere near that scale of f*ck-up. They’d give their eye teeth to have our problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

It makes you wonder how on earth they made CreamShit so successful. 💀🙈👀😬🤣

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Try saying “Fossetts Farm” to a Southend supporter. We’ve not had it anywhere near that scale of f*ck-up. They’d give their eye teeth to have our problems.

Did they spend (in relative terms) anywhere close to what these jokers have wasted so far? I doubt it. 

Look at the amount spent, the squad and coaching staff assembled, the talent sold and loopholes exploited all to create this garbage.

18 minutes ago, Bison said:

Did they spend (in relative terms) anywhere close to what these jokers have wasted so far? I doubt it. 

Look at the amount spent, the squad and coaching staff assembled, the talent sold and loopholes exploited all to create this garbage.

You should ask for it back. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I'm up the coast in Leigh on Sea. My local team.

Thankfully they've just been sold and things are hopefully looking up.

1 hour ago, Rick1977 said:

I know it's preposterous but Samu is brilliant on football manager. So there's that perhaps this is the tool the scouts are using 😆 

I heard they tried scouting several custom made players who scored 99 with cheats.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

I heard they tried scouting several custom made players who scored 99 with cheats.

Then again I remember Ibrahima Bakayoko signing for Everton and being equally excited and he was truly awful so we will see lol

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm up the coast in Leigh on Sea. My local team.

Thankfully they've just been sold and things are hopefully looking up.

I know - god knows they deserve a spot of good fortune 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

In relative terms, we’ve had it easy - Google Southend fc and find out for yourself. Rusty old stadium, no funds, dodgy management, docked points, couldn’t pay the leccy bill last year … not saying Creambuns are faultless, far from it, but our Roller needing a wash and polish is a long way from their Reliant Robin needing a new set of second hand tyres and a decoke.

• Like 1

Heard a lot of "Connor Gallagher isn't suited to possession football" on here (and apparently the noises coming for the sporting directors too) Just checked out the squads stats on Whoscored and turns out he had the highest successful pass % in the squad at 91.5%, was 2nd to Cole Palmer in key passes, also 2nd to CP in assists.

Sounds like a myth to me.

Also when we don't have possession he is 3rd for most tackles per game.

All while playing more minutes than anyone else, across numerous positions and having the 2nd best overall rating behind CP.

Must be getting rid of him for footballing reasons

12 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Given the demographic of players we've largely signed, it's only been with the benefit of hindsight that arriving at "mediocre" can, or has, been made.  

Many lamented signing a mediocre Palmer and now he's virtually the prize jewel of the team at present. 

Yea let us focus on the one good signing they’ve made amidst a sea of disastrous ones. The will to defend this mess is quite remarkable. 

Signing another 13 year old striker over a proven world class one because we don’t want to spend the money on wages…what could possibly go wrong? Getting pretty fed up now to be honest, gonna be so light weight in certain areas again. 

• Like 1

Instead of buying 3 world class players to strengthen the squad and make us competitive again we’re instead buying several unproven younger players on low wages who will likely be loaned out then sold on for a loss in a couple of years. And then we’ll sack the manager in a year for failing to get into the Champions League. It’s just a mad way to run a football club. You couldn’t have devised a strategy that’s more likely to fail. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Yea let us focus on the one good signing they’ve made amidst a sea of disastrous ones. The will to defend this mess is quite remarkable. 

Yea, let's miss the larger point being made all in the name of getting your daily dose of negativity. 

13 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Many lamented signing a mediocre Palmer and now he's virtually the prize jewel of the team at present. 

A few hits to be fair, but more than a few expensive gambles that haven’t paid off,  that we’ll have to give up on and move on at some point, probably taking a loss on them in the process, just hope Omorodion fairs better. 

Just now, Floyd25 said:

A few hits to be fair, but more than a few expensive gambles that haven’t paid off,  that we’ll have to give up on and move on at some point, probably taking a loss on them in the process, just hope Omorodion fairs better. 

Of course, and that's just the nature of transfers in general. We made an abundance of ill-advised transfers under Roman, including splashing significant fees (at the time) for flashy names that ultimately failed to live up to the billing. 

There are no guarantees, even if everything looks "perfect" on paper. 

7 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Why aren’t we using the Gallagher money on Alvarez? 

Possibly doesn't want to come here?

City may not want to sell to us after what's happened with Palmer? 

Too expensive? 

And I'm sure there's more probable reasons to add on top.

• Like 1

Re Samu Omorodion.

Reading the words of a few Atletico fans online it appears he's very highly rated within their ranks, having been signed immediately after playing against them last summer. Has some unique "hard to teach" qualities, but also requires work on things like his finishing. A different type of striker to that of Jackson or Nkunku, does more of his work inside the box, gets in behind, strong in the air, and a willing presser out of possession.

From what I've read so far he sounds more like the sort of striker you want against lower block sides that sit in deep, so I suppose we'll see and learn a bit more should this deal transpire. 

• Like 1