Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

36 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Rather detailed write up of the lad here:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/19/chelsea-transfer-target-samu-omorodion-everything-need-know-21062003/

I like the sound of strong and fast, finishes with both feet. Sounds not dissimilar to DD. 

33 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Or DDF 😀

Yin & Yang.

Gotta love people really 😉

Have next to nothing of this chap, but as always as soon as he becomes a Chelsea player he’ll get my and by far the majority of fans full support. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ham said:

Good post. The only change I'd make is Jackson on the left and Palmer on the right. 

Sorry yes you are right, I meant left! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Aaron Anselmino for £25m then straight back out on loan. I wonder what Trevoh thinks about that. 

I expect he's heartbroken to be honest but the sheer hard hearted answer would be according to the powers that be , Anselmino isn't deemed good enough at the moment , just like Chalobah himself.

Not that I agree , I'd much prefer him to some of the others. 

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect he's heartbroken to be honest but the sheer hard hearted answer would be according to the powers that be , Anselmino isn't deemed good enough at the moment , just like Chalobah himself.

Not that I agree , I'd much prefer him to some of the others. 

Just like so many signings of the young South Americans that we are buying and accumulating, I can only surmise that the powers that be believe they have a higher performance ceiling.

Possibly higher re-sale values too?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

Just like so many signings of the young South Americans that we are buying and accumulating, I can only surmise that the powers that be believe they have a higher performance ceiling.

Possibly higher re-sale values too?

I’m interested to know how they’re selling the club/project to these players as well. Surely they can all see the club are stock piling players in all positions and therefore the chances of succeeding at Chelsea are slim at best. Therefore, for the vast majority it’s the stepping stone into a career in Europe?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m interested to know how they’re selling the club/project to these players as well. Surely they can all see the club are stock piling players in all positions and therefore the chances of succeeding at Chelsea are slim at best. Therefore, for the vast majority it’s the stepping stone into a career in Europe?

Work permits possibly and also the clubs they used to go to in Spain and Italy are hard-up cash-wise. So can’t fund the amount of players they used to.

Except for Benfica, as we fund them!!

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I did hear earlier that the Gallagher sale has broken down so quite where that leaves us if true should be interesting to see pan out. 

Olympics final is tomorrow, so my guess is nothing is announced on the Chelsea/Atletico deals until after that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If anybody offered us 50k a week for 7 years at 16-19 we would all accept. These guys are set for life and that's the selling point. They and the sporting directors couldn't care less about a sporting project. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh FFS

As bemused as you Jane,,,how many "young" potentially good keepers are there now including Beach who was supposed to be a potential star ?

Ludicrous,,,,, from what little I've seen no one standing out... they all look more like Pidgley than PC!

Edited by chara

42 minutes ago, VA96 said:

glad to see they're addressing the problem of the GK shortage we have 

I don’t think we have enough do we? I thought our goal was to have a separate squad of 26 goalkeepers.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, chara said:

As bemused as you Jane,,,how many "young" potentially good keepers are there now including Beach who was supposed to be a potential star ?

Ludicrous,,,,, from what little I've seen no one standing out... they all look more like Pidgley than PC!

Sat on a plane next to Lenny on the way back from the Maldives, when he was at Chelsea. Nice chap.

On a holiday/honeymoon with his fiancé, in economy - cheapskate. Bet these junior keepers we’re signing aren’t ‘economy’ people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Kratos said:

Maybe they might change the rules and let us play 3 keepers in goal so we don't concede as much under Savers Sarri.

Maybe it's part of the long term Todd campaign to revamp the game....three keepers in a 3-3-4-3-1 formation...bigger goals and bigger pitches...more exciting with 2 of the 3 keeper line up "rush goalies"  ......(three pk spots?,,choose the spot and a choice of who faces the pk?)

OR,15 outfield players allowed to handle the ball, could change the shape for easier handling ? (hence hand use familiar players,),,skip the goal mouth,,,score over the cross bar,,,

Might work?