Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Imagine how many we'll have to sell in 2025/26 to make way for all these new signings, who'll arrive then.

We'll have to bus them out!

45 minutes ago, chara said:

Maybe it's part of the long term Todd campaign to revamp the game....three keepers in a 3-3-4-3-1 formation...bigger goals and bigger pitches...more exciting with 2 of the 3 keeper line up "rush goalies"  ......(three pk spots?,,choose the spot and a choice of who faces the pk?)

OR,15 outfield players allowed to handle the ball, could change the shape for easier handling ? (hence hand use familiar players,),,skip the goal mouth,,,score over the cross bar,,,

Might work?

Perhaps, the strategy is just buy all the goalkeepers - Then they'll be none left for the others.

Genius masterstroke.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

So then, in your opinion non of the keepers we've bought are good enough?

Actually I think Petrovic was pretty solid after Pochettino had seen enough of Sanchez. But he’s being sent out on loan now that Sanchez is being bigged up as some kind of ball-playing keeper. Honestly don’t rate Sanchez at all. Doesn’t fill me with any confidence. And he’s our first choice by the look of it. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

So then, in your opinion non of the keepers we've bought are good enough?

Doubt any are good enough to earn the club 6-9 PTS.  Had captain black brought a top keeper last summer the PL trophy would probably been in London. 

• Agree 1

All joking aside...on the 19th May we needed to buy a keeper, a striker and a centre back.

Which apparently we now have in Jorgensen, Omorodion and Tosin.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

All joking aside...on the 19th May we needed to buy a keeper, a striker and a centre back.

Which apparently we now have in Jorgensen, Omorodion and Tosin.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Not at all

its a project Chelsea 2030 "well that what TBSD keep telling everyone, yet they fire coaches within a year"

It’s difficult to keep track tbf so the image below shows our signings so far this summer.

€120m spent, the majority are aged 20 or under and I’m not sure any improve our first team (Perhaps Jorgensen but rumours are Sanchez will still start the season as GK1)

Not official yet, but it also looks like Mike Penders (19, GK) for €20m and Samu Omorodion (19, Str) for €40m will be announced imminently.

So in a €180m transfer window so far we potentially don’t have a player that gets into our best XI and some people still don’t see a problem with that….🫣

In addition to that, I read this morning we have 10 players that were signed (ie Washington, Angelo, Fofana etc) potentially waiting to go on loan and only 2 international loan spots left. 

If there’s a strategic plan here, I’m just not seeing it….

IMG_6747.thumb.png.e5e3174f37f06bfe9c6689e028104e6d.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Bison said:

Cobham developed players in high demand everywhere except Chelsea. 

To be fair - I’m not sure any (big)  club would wait that long for a player to flourish like he has at Bournemouth 

29 minutes ago, Bison said:

Cobham developed players in high demand everywhere except Chelsea. 

Why weren't you up in arms when he was at Liverpool ?

Oh yeah , because he was useless there .

He's improved over time , time which we couldn't afford him , he should be congratulated for that .

The club sold him in 2017 , that would be a matter for Roman and Marina to ponder.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Athletic: Chelsea want two more attacking signings even after Samu Omorodion

Chelsea reportedly want TWO more attacking signings before the window is over, and that is even after the expected arrival of striker Samu Omorodion from Atletico Madrid…

Liam Twomey of The Athletic said:

‘Samu Omorodion is coming in as a second or third choice option to compete / cover with Nicolas Jackson because The Athletic has been told Chelsea want TWO more attacking signings. They would like the number 9 to be Victor Osimhen and they would like a wide forward/winger, I think operating from the left.’

Some might be more concerned about the Chelsea defence rather than the attack, but the reality is that both need additions/addressing in my opinion.

Chelsea should push for an established striker like Osimhen to lead the line in one of the most important positions on the pitch. And they absolutely need a new winger as well, with the current options just not being good enough over all, especially if Cole Palmer is going to be playing more centrally.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's improved over time , time which we couldn't afford him , he should be congratulated for that .

The club sold him in 2017 , that would be a matter for Roman and Marina to ponder.

Quite. Saved me a reply. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite. Saved me a reply. 

I think we as a fanbase tend to look wistfully at our youngsters going places after Chelsea and enjoying success as a bit of cliche - the KDB, Salah thing (though neither were youngsters but you get the point). 

I think the thing about Solanke and Musiala for two, was that they wanted guarantees of game time for the senior squad and neither were ready. It took Dom a lot longer to get to that level than Jamal did but they did. But would that leap have happened at Chelsea? Hard to say. But they both wanted to go, it was time and we got money for them both. 

It's just one of those things. I'm sure City feel the same about Cole Palmer.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I think we as a fanbase tend to look wistfully at our youngsters going places after Chelsea and enjoying success as a bit of cliche - the KDB, Salah thing (though neither were youngsters but you get the point). 

I think the thing about Solanke and Musiala for two, was that they wanted guarantees of game time for the senior squad and neither were ready. It took Dom a lot longer to get to that level than Jamal did but they did. But would that leap have happened at Chelsea? Hard to say. But they both wanted to go, it was time and we got money for them both. 

It's just one of those things. I'm sure City feel the same about Cole Palmer.

so, with KDB and Salah, the frustrating thing is that within 18 months they were clearly good enough for the first team.

Solanke, it's taken 7 years. Not the same.

Musiala is a different case altogether. His mother relocated to Germany, and he went with her. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

£60+ Million!!!!

They're having their pants taken down and being given a thorough thrashing with a wet copy of the Sporting Life.

As it's Rottenham = GOOD

He's an OK striker in the PL and that's as good as it gets. Misses far too many chances and has no re-sale value once any new contract is near up.

37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

For anyone interested, I came across a thread onTwitter trying to explain what our transfer strategy is in accumulating so many young players…

I know it's not political correct these days, but how I miss Roman and his staff. 

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

Carragher: "I think the people underneath him [Boehly] who do the running of the club, scouting players, the directors of football - they're obsessed with signing players. And they possibly feel that if I'm not buying players what am I actually doing?"

If that ain't the truth. This is what happens when you overpromote. D&D did not hold their current titles at their former clubs. 

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

It’s difficult to keep track tbf so the image below shows our signings so far this summer.

€120m spent, the majority are aged 20 or under and I’m not sure any improve our first team (Perhaps Jorgensen but rumours are Sanchez will still start the season as GK1)

Not official yet, but it also looks like Mike Penders (19, GK) for €20m and Samu Omorodion (19, Str) for €40m will be announced imminently.

So in a €180m transfer window so far we potentially don’t have a player that gets into our best XI and some people still don’t see a problem with that….🫣

In addition to that, I read this morning we have 10 players that were signed (ie Washington, Angelo, Fofana etc) potentially waiting to go on loan and only 2 international loan spots left. 

If there’s a strategic plan here, I’m just not seeing it….

IMG_6747.thumb.png.e5e3174f37f06bfe9c6689e028104e6d.png

It’s madness of the highest order. 

2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Athletic: Chelsea want two more attacking signings even after Samu Omorodion

Chelsea reportedly want TWO more attacking signings before the window is over, and that is even after the expected arrival of striker Samu Omorodion from Atletico Madrid…

Liam Twomey of The Athletic said:

‘Samu Omorodion is coming in as a second or third choice option to compete / cover with Nicolas Jackson because The Athletic has been told Chelsea want TWO more attacking signings. They would like the number 9 to be Victor Osimhen and they would like a wide forward/winger, I think operating from the left.’

Some might be more concerned about the Chelsea defence rather than the attack, but the reality is that both need additions/addressing in my opinion.

Chelsea should push for an established striker like Osimhen to lead the line in one of the most important positions on the pitch. And they absolutely need a new winger as well, with the current options just not being good enough over all, especially if Cole Palmer is going to be playing more centrally.

So… That means that one of Guiu/Omoridon will be loaned out. That’s an awful lot of strikers to shift now - Broja, Washington, Guiu/Omoridon, Fofana and Lukaku… Who will take these off our hands? 

As for LWs… We have Sterling, Mudryk, Morerira and George. George can probably hang around and get selected minutes to aid his development. But that means we’d have to shift Sterling or Mudryk. Good luck with that. 

We have so much work to do already to get a squad that can be handled. What on earth are we doing trying to add more??? Do these clowns now that we can only have a 25 man squad and 11 players on the pitch at the same time? 

46 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

For anyone interested, I came across a thread onTwitter trying to explain what our transfer strategy is in accumulating so many young players…

Everyone knows this. But here’s the crux, in a pure PE business there is no ceiling on how many companies you can develop and increase in value. In football there is certainly a limit and we have passed that limit a long time ago. 

That is why this strategy is madness. There is no way to make this successful if the players can’t get a clear development path. Having 25+ players in that category makes this impossible, and it just continues. Next season there will also be a cap on domestic loans. What are we going to do then? Have them play with the reserves?

We are building a proper monster and once we notice this won’t work we will have a mountain of financial commitments for players unlikely to ever be good enough for us. Not only got a few years, well into the 2030’s.

It’s shit like this that sinks a club. I’m genuinely worried that they will sink us. 

28 minutes ago, east lower said:

£60+ Million!!!!

They're having their pants taken down and being given a thorough thrashing with a wet copy of the Sporting Life.

As it's Rottenham = GOOD

He's an OK striker in the PL and that's as good as it gets. Misses far too many chances and has no re-sale value once any new contract is near up.

I agree completely......at the same time, at least they are trying to make a difference and improve now...........we appear to want to improve now with a bunch of jam tomorrow signings.

I don't view Solanke as a £60m strike, but if it was us signing him, you would have to say he upgrades our options considerably.

13 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I agree completely......at the same time, at least they are trying to make a difference and improve now...........we appear to want to improve now with a bunch of jam tomorrow signings.

I don't view Solanke as a £60m strike, but if it was us signing him, you would have to say he upgrades our options considerably.

I like Jackson - he could be a good thing if he keeps improving. Spiky git too, works hard, but does miss chances too. If that latter bit improves, he will be a real asset. Don't know a thing about the potential new signing apart from clips from video's.

And if we can keep Nkunku fit, we might score a good few - Whether it will be enough to counter what looks to be a very shaky back 6 or 7, I'm not sure without seeing some meaningful league games.

I watched Solanke a fair bit when he was in our youth teams (they used to play a good few games at Aldershot FC in the weekday evenings) and I thought it was touch and go as to whether Tammy or he were the better option and for me, that's continued through to now. Both competent enough players - but never good enough to play regularly for a top 6 side in the PL.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2