Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, xceleryx said:

Reported as 60 euros not GBP.

Eminently sensible, then!

I think you can make this sort of signing, take a risk that an incredibly talented player has just had bad luck with injury, when you've got a stable squad who aren't consistently ravaged by injury already. To add a player who is either physiologically prone to injury or has had misfortune to a squad characterised by that ... Just an absolutely huge risk imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

I had never noticed just how two-footed he is.  

Very impressive.  Gives us options on the left and right wing. 

• Agree 2

He is a good player. He's also good with both feet. Although he plays right wing mostly, he can play left just as well. 

Injury records is a small concern but I'm hopeful that our injury problems won't be as bad this year. It is something the club has worked on.

Ultimately I can't be mad at this signing. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Eminently sensible, then!

I think you can make this sort of signing, take a risk that an incredibly talented player has just had bad luck with injury, when you've got a stable squad who aren't consistently ravaged by injury already. To add a player who is either physiologically prone to injury or has had misfortune to a squad characterised by that ... Just an absolutely huge risk imo.

Normally I'd agree, but I think even with so many that've had injury issues within the squad our sheer number (for now) will somewhat negate that. We'd have to be hella unlucky for them to all miss significant time together.

9 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Neto is quality, like him a lot.

Don't think anyone saw this coming. Fair play.

Wolves previously rejected 2 bids from us. Settled at 54M . This is a good signing. Loads of PL experience 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

“Neto missed 21 games with a hamstring injury last season, 27 the season before with an ankle injury and 52 the year prior, due to his knee”

oh

That is worrying, let’s just hope he’ll have an injury free run now. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I had never noticed just how two-footed he is.  

Very impressive.  Gives us options on the left and right wing. 

This is an excellent signing , All i want now are two bigger signings, a top class CF and CB .  We need a proven quality CB . I hope we can find one to match our age limit on new signings. 25 and under 

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Good signing. Hope he passes the medical. Pushes Mudryk and Sterling down the pecking order I’d imagine. 

He's better than Madueke too in my opinion. So actually whichever flank he wants is his, unless the plan is to play Palmer right and him left.

I assume this means one of Mudryk or Sterling are off. Mudryk needs a loan and isn't at the level required so I assume it will be him but I'd prefer to be shot of them both. 

I'd give Mudryk's squad spot to Tyrique George personally. Sterling I don't think needs replacing as we have Noni Madueke poised for a good season. Lets see. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

He's better than Madueke too in my opinion. So actually whichever flank he wants is his, unless the plan is to play Palmer right and him left.

I expect that's the plan. Only, Palmer will end up moving inside when we're attacking, with James or Gusto pushing up (Cucurella inverting). The idea of Neto - Nkunku - Enzo or KDH - Palmer - James or Gusto across the pitch with Jackson (or even Osimhen if they can get that one over the line) ahead of them actually sounds quite good to me... in theory. 

Edited by Spawton
  • Like 1

I was just trying to count in my head how many players we are expecting to move on before the end of the TW and I lost count.

Lets count:

Kepa, Beach (loan), Bergstrom (loan), Petrovic (loan), Ugochukwu (loan), Castledine (loan), Lukaku, Broja, Gabriel (loan), Washington (loan), Matos (loan), Gallagher, Casadei (loan), Chalobah, Acheampong (loan), Kellyman (loan), Humphreys (loan), Wiley (loan), Anjorin, Datro-Fofana, Moreira (loan), Vale (loan), Taurianen (loan), Barstow (loan), Morgan (loan), Stutter (loan) and Richards (loan).

We also have Anselmino, Campbell, Curd, Sharman-Lowe, Penders, Williams, Santos, Willian, Macs, Paez and Gilchrist already out on loan for next season. 

THIRTY EIGHT PLAYERS. EIGHT GOALKEEPERS.

Certainly the squad is too large. The above departures leave the first team squad as:

Sanchez, Joergensen, Bettinelli

James, Gusto

Disasi, Fofana, Badiashile, Adarabioyo, Colwill

Chillwell, Cucurella, Veiga, 

Lavia, Caicedo, Dewsbury-Hall, Fernandez

Chukwuemeka, Palmer

Sterling, Madueke 

Nkunku, Omorodion, Guiu

Neto, Mudryk, Jackson, George 

Thats 28 players so at least two more to go from this list. Looking at it this way you'd have to assume Chilly and Mudryk would be the most at risk, and that George will likely go on loan. 

This mean we will likely be moving on F O R T Y players from the squad before the end of the transfer window. Insane, right? 

Edited by Morgs