Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

“Neto missed 21 games with a hamstring injury last season, 27 the season before with an ankle injury and 52 the year prior, due to his knee”

oh

Improving then.

• Haha 3

@JaneB,,still miss my Pedro!

OK...I keep banging on about it but to repeat again...the "relationship" between fans and players here is not the same as the UK/.rest of the Football World.

This also includes a far more "product" approach to players and as far as I can see a far different player loyalty /affinity to a club and an acceptance of the often trading around clubs on a regular basis by players.

I am not referring to game day application or "playing for the shirt" as all the top sports are as competitive as anywhere but the more "mercenary" changing clubs acceptance of the system by players and fans.

The recent discussions on here re Solanke are a good indication,,,we have been discussing a player who left Chelsea (7) years ago !,,and everyone is clued up about that situation, over a player who didn't make the first team and was bought by the scouse lot for his potential which didn't blossom there and still is only a good player with basically one higher level performance season  behind him.

The type of discussion about a long gone average player that I have not heard over here,

Take a "Trading" type organisation and the mindset they come from it's hardly a shock that very little attention seems to be made to the fan involvement and the personal attachments between players/fans..fans/club and players /club.

If the factors I mention are taken into account re the club's transfer business they become more understandable if, as we see it, inappropriate to the game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I was just trying to count in my head how many players we are expecting to move on before the end of the TW and I lost count.

Lets count:

Kepa, Beach (loan), Bergstrom (loan), Petrovic (loan), Ugochukwu (loan), Castledine (loan), Lukaku, Broja, Gabriel (loan), Washington (loan), Matos (loan), Gallagher, Casadei (loan), Chalobah, Acheampong (loan), Kellyman (loan), Humphreys (loan), Wiley (loan), Anjorin, Datro-Fofana, Moreira (loan), Vale (loan), Taurianen (loan), Barstow (loan), Morgan (loan), Stutter (loan) and Richards (loan).

We also have Anselmino, Campbell, Curd, Sharman-Lowe, Penders, Williams, Santos, Willian, Macs, Paez and Gilchrist already out on loan for next season. 

THIRTY EIGHT PLAYERS. EIGHT GOALKEEPERS.

Certainly the squad is too large. The above departures leave the first team squad as:

Sanchez, Joergensen, Bettinelli

James, Gusto

Disasi, Fofana, Badiashile, Adarabioyo, Colwill

Chillwell, Cucurella, Veiga, 

Lavia, Caicedo, Dewsbury-Hall, Fernandez

Chukwuemeka, Palmer

Sterling, Madueke 

Nkunku, Omorodion, Guiu

Neto, Mudryk, Jackson, George 

Thats 28 players so at least two more to go from this list. Looking at it this way you'd have to assume Chilly and Mudryk would be the most at risk, and that George will likely go on loan. 

This mean we will likely be moving on F O R T Y players from the squad before the end of the transfer window. Insane, right? 

Beach already gone.

Richards out with ACL

That helps with 2! 

• Haha 1

OK I do this every August but who wins this game? 

Team A - Sanchez, James, Adarabioyo, Colwill, Chillwell, Lavia, Enzo, Chukwuemeka, Palmer, Mudry, Omorodion

Team B - Joergensen, Gusto, Fofana, Badiashile, Cucurella, Caicedo, Dewsbury-Hall, Nkunku, Neto, Jackson, Madueke 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Team A - Sanchez, James, Adarabioyo, Colwill, Chillwell, Lavia, Enzo, Chukwuemeka, Palmer, Mudry, Omorodion

Team B - Joergensen, Gusto, Fofana, Badiashile, Cucurella, Caicedo, Dewsbury-Hall, Nkunku, Neto, Jackson, Madueke 

The one with Palmer 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Morgs said:

B

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Richards out with ACL

That’s a shame for him, was hoping he might get a good loan or even get some minutes in the conference league, I liked the look of him last season. 

Thinking about it objectively, a fully fit Neto over a fully fit Mudryk is a massive, colossal upgrade I think. 

It is tempting to imagine Maresca watched Misha strolling around in the US tour, eyes on swivel, feet disconnected to brain, afraid of the ball but also desperate to do something - anything - with it, and thought, "nope". 

I like the kid, weirdly enough. I just don't think he's a footballer. He might be when he grows up but he's a million miles away from what we need right now and he's two or three years on loan away from even being in contention I think. Nice kid and it's not his fault, but it is time to move him on. 

Plot twist - 

What if the club was able to move BOTH Mudryk and Sterling on this summer. Would we have enough cover and depth?  Or am I dreaming? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Spawton said:

I expect that's the plan. Only, Palmer will end up moving inside when we're attacking, with James or Gusto pushing up (Cucurella inverting). The idea of Neto - Nkunku - Enzo or KDH - Palmer - James or Gusto across the pitch with Jackson (or even Osimhen if they can get that one over the line) ahead of them actually sounds quite good to me... in theory. 

very exciting , now what about our CBs 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Good that we're signing an established player, but a left-footed forward? Is he going to play on the left? Two more left-footed forwards will turn up at Cobham next summer.

good point. Lots of lefties. 

Would have preferred Olise for €60m, I thought we supposedly pulled out of that deal because of the finances. Neto has looked good the few times I've seen him play though, always plays well against us too. Injury record is a worry, but glad we've signed a relatively experienced player

Very unfamiliar feeling that little frisson of something - could it be excitement? In the jumbled sea of malaise and disillusionment, this is a welcome change of pace and mood. 

Last player I was this excited about signing? Raheem Sterling probably but he was a very good player at that time. Feels like a life time ago. 

• Like 2

Regarding Pedro Neto. Isn’t he primarily a RW? Perhaps it still means bad news for Mudryk but I think this makes more sense;

RW: Neto/Madueke

CAM: Palmer/Chukwuemeka

LW: Nkunku/Sterling

Perhaps Mudryk will still be retained and we have 7 players for 3 positions. 

CM: Enzo/Caicedo/Lavia/Dewsbury-Hall/Ugochukwu

Mate of who supports palace says he's heard we want to offer Chalobah in part ex for Guehi........ if that was to happen, we'd have 6 centre backs.......Colwill, Badiashile, Fofana, Disasi, Tosin and Guehi.

Mental. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Mate of who supports palace says he's heard we want to offer Chalobah in part ex for Guehi........ if that was to happen, we'd have 6 centre backs.......Colwill, Badiashile, Fofana, Disasi, Tosin and Guehi.

Mental. 

We should never have sold him in the first place. Much like Chalobah. Is there any way we can keep Chalobah and regret selling Guehi? 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Mate of who supports palace says he's heard we want to offer Chalobah in part ex for Guehi........ 

I do like Guehi and probably better than all our defenders but actually don’t think he’s world class 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I do like Guehi and probably better than all our defenders but actually don’t think he’s world class 

Agreed. He’s no worse than any of our other defenders. Much like Chalobah. So we could have saved ourselves and awful lot of money not signing Badiashile, Disasi or Fofana and instead kept Guehi and Chalobah. 

If our CB options right now was:

Guehi, Chalobah, Colwill, Adarabioyo we would be no worse off and would have saved ourselves some serious £££ in the process. Probably somewhere around £100m which could have landed a proper world class CB. Net effect we would be a lot better off. But these PE guys have the secret sauce nobody else understands. We just have to wait and se their magic unfold… I’m told. 

• Like 2