Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Looks like Felix is not coming back. I really like the guy and it's sad because he really wants to be here. However, I cannot see him working in a Poch system largely because of his poor off the ball work-rate. I'm therefore really not surprised Poch has decided he doesn't want him.

I will miss him though. I think he's a lot more to offer than he showed on loan with us. 

14 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Looks like Felix is not coming back. I really like the guy and it's sad because he really wants to be here. However, I cannot see him working in a Poch system largely because of his poor off the ball work-rate. I'm therefore really not surprised Poch has decided he doesn't want him.

I will miss him though. I think he's a lot more to offer than he showed on loan with us. 

Wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately. Felix would be somewhat of a luxury player for us and right now, we have no room for that. 

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

100% Correct

only difference being they were being given away by Burnley and would have been happy to bench warn, which is probably the exact opposite for the little cherubs being mention on this forum

Tarkowski is the only player in the Premier League who played every game last season , in which Everton missed relegation on the last day due to a wonder strike.

I don't think he'd be happy on the bench 

16 minutes ago, Bones said:

Gary Cahill?

Joe Cole. 

41 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately. Felix would be somewhat of a luxury player for us and right now, we have no room for that. 

not the least bit sad (if true)

hugely talented. largely ineffective.

Atletico did much better without him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not sure if this was the right place to post this......... I don't know if anyone listens to Podcasts, but I have been listening to Steven Bartlett's Diary of a CEO. One of his interviews is with Patrice Evra. It's a really interesting listen (for various reasons) but I have put this in transfer talk, as he talks about how he struggled for 6 months after joining United. The speed, the intensity of the PL, and having joined in January, mid season. 

This is / was a seasoned, French international, and he says he and Vidic struggled so much, they were even subbed off in a reserve game and they both, in the early stages, talked between themselves about leaving as they found it too difficult.

Real eye opener if you think players can all just pitch up from a foreign league halfway through a season and just turn it on. I have said a few times on here, I wont be judging any of the January signings until much further into their Chelsea career(s).

They are all available on YouTube 

I remember his arrival (as well as Vidic, same window) and how much criticism both signings got. Mind you, that was also in a settled team, not the absolute circus out club has been this season. Main reason why i am holding off on criticizing our January signings. Let's see next season. 

A few thoughts regarding next season's squad. I know we're not in Europe next season, but old habits are hard to break (and anyway, useful for the following season 😉)  Players are listed alphabetically rather than order of personal preference, etc.

There are quite a few question marks. Mount looks as if he's off, but maybe Pochettino can convince him to stay? If he stays, does that make it 'easier'/more acceptable to the fan base to sell Gallagher?

Premier League Squad Rules: Maximum of 25 players of whom 8 must be “home grown”
UEFA Squad Rules: List A – Maximum of 25 players (Minimum 2 Goalkeepers) of whom 8 must be “locally trained” Locally trained must include at least 4 'Club trained' and a maximum of 4 'Association trained' in the 8

Blue = Club Trained Green = Association Trained

KEEP:

Arrizabalaga, Bettinelli

Chilwell, Gusto, James, Maatsen

Badiashile, Chalobah, Colwill, W Fofana, Silva

Chukwuemeka, Fernandez, Gallagher (?), Hall, Mount (?), Santos (?)

Havertz (?), Madueke, Mudryk, Nkunku, R Sterling

Lukaku (?)

SELL:

Mendy

Cucurella, Lawrence, Rahman Baba

Ampadu, Koulibaly, Sarr

Bakayoko, Gallagher (?), Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount (?)

Anjorin, Havertz (?), Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Ziyech

Aubameyang #, Lukaku (?)

RELEASE/NO CONTRACT RENEWAL:

Azpilicuetta

Kante, Zakaria

Felix

Aubameyang #

LOAN:

Slonina

Casadei, Hutchinson, Santos (?), Vale

Broja, D D Fofana

POTENTIAL TRANSFERS IN:

GK: Maignon, E Martinez, Onana, Raya

CM: Caicedo, Lavia, Mac Allister, Rice, Ugarte

ST: Hojlund, Kane, L Martinez, Osimhen

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

Disappointed by that. One of very few players in the squad who's genuinely talented.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wonder if this might make it easier for Pochettino to convince Mount to renew his contract. It could be that Mount was put out by the arrival of Felix and felt he was being downgraded. Just speculation of course, but it does open up a place in the squad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Not sure if this was the right place to post this......... I don't know if anyone listens to Podcasts, but I have been listening to Steven Bartlett's Diary of a CEO. One of his interviews is with Patrice Evra. It's a really interesting listen (for various reasons) but I have put this in transfer talk, as he talks about how he struggled for 6 months after joining United. The speed, the intensity of the PL, and having joined in January, mid season. 

This is / was a seasoned, French international, and he says he and Vidic struggled so much, they were even subbed off in a reserve game and they both, in the early stages, talked between themselves about leaving as they found it too difficult.

Real eye opener if you think players can all just pitch up from a foreign league halfway through a season and just turn it on. I have said a few times on here, I wont be judging any of the January signings until much further into their Chelsea career(s).

They are all available on YouTube 

I really want to believe this but things like first touch just don't desert you when you have changed teams. Sure, confidence can go up and down; people have personal issues (not least his country being at war) but I just can't overlook just how bad he is at some things.

There is a base level of talent I expected him to have which he doesn't. The same thing applied to Werner, Torres and every other flop we've had that we always make excuses for.

I think Mount's decision is impacted by many things, including poor advice from those around him. I would imagine Poch either has or will have a conversation with him to try and convince him to stay, but I feel it's too late for that based on what we've been told.

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think Mount's decision is impacted by many things, including poor advice from those around him. I would imagine Poch either has or will have a conversation with him to try and convince him to stay, but I feel it's too late for that based on what we've been told.

But ..what have we been told?......as usual media agendas. half truths and speculation turned out as "in the know" spins.

We can all see there is an issue or issues with MM's contract dealings ,on both sides probably, but nothing of any proven veracity has been aired,as far as I can see, any one of us could have written pretty much any MM  transfer/contract "revelation" with only our focus being on Chelsea and what we see at the club and the contract impasse.

Be sad if he goes but it is a game of constant transition of players and the game goes on at all clubs.

(Not forgetting the recent stalking case...unheard of until now and must be part of the issue.)

Edited by chara
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I really want to believe this but things like first touch just don't desert you when you have changed teams. Sure, confidence can go up and down; people have personal issues (not least his country being at war) but I just can't overlook just how bad he is at some things.

There is a base level of talent I expected him to have which he doesn't. The same thing applied to Werner, Torres and every other flop we've had that we always make excuses for.

I wasn't talking about anyone specifically. 

On the out tray:

No Felix, RLC to Milan and Pulisic to Juve.

Good start, MP. 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

All very odd…

Inside Mason Mount contract negotiations with Chelsea as Mauricio Pochettino gets involved.

The story of Mason Mount and his contract situation at Chelsea is far more complex than some people might think. 

It is easy from the outside to think if the contract situation isn't resolved quickly and things are dragging on, then it might be because the player is asking for too much money. However, in this case, there is much more to it.

A source has told football.london that just before the FIFA World Cup that took place last year, Mount was optimistic an agreement could be reached. In fact, there was an understanding to see eye-to-eye on an agreement with Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali, where imaging rights – which have proved to be a big obstacle in negotiations – were agreed on.

Chelsea and Mount finally looked as if they had compromised somewhat to extend the 24-year-old's stay at the club. The Blues were eager themselves once such a compromise was made with the player and his representatives.

Once the World Cup was over, with England going out at the quarter-final stage to France, meetings then started taking place again. But with a new-look transfer team, with the likes of Paul Winstanley, Joe Shields and Christopher Vivell in place, there was a slightly different structure to how the club were operating behind the scenes, with Boehly and Eghbali taking somewhat of a step back from the day-to-day stuff.

Mount and his entourage thought they were close to an agreement and extending the deal, but when he arrived back from the World Cup, the offer was no longer on the table. Things at this point looked dead, until the January transfer window came around and there was another big development.

On multiple occasions between the end of January and the start of February they wanted to extend Mount and see his salary increase. However, that was not of interest to the player, signing a one-year deal.

Now, fast-forward to the last month or so, and Boehly held a meeting with Mount to discuss what is going on and just to check in on the player more than anything. However, no contract offer has been made since the prospect of extending his deal by a further 12 months.

When Graham Potter was sacked last month, Chelsea immediately began their search for a new permanent head coach. Julian Nagelsmann was an early front-runner, before talks with Mauricio Pochettino began. It was demanded by two managers, including Pochettino, that Mount needed to stay and he was part of their plans, so in that respect Chelsea were somewhat re-upping their efforts to keep the England international.

Popular player agent, Neil Fewings, was brought in to try and help improve the situation because Mount still wanted to stay at Chelsea. There has, however, been no breakthrough as we approach the summer transfer window.

The likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal are all seriously interested in Mount, football.london understands. United are now the front-runners for his signature, despite Liverpool doing more ground work than Erik ten Hag's side.

Mount definitely looked emotional as he walked around the Stamford Bridge pitch for what could be the last time as a Chelsea player on Sunday. This definitely isn't done yet, but it feels like with each passing day that nothing is agreed, the likelier it seems his time in west London could well be over.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/inside-mason-mount-contract-chelsea-27013187

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

All very odd….

Very odd indeed. I have often seen the new owners (rightly) accused of briefing the media and attempting to control the narrative.

That article certainly seems like that from the player/agent side.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Very odd indeed. I have often seen the new owners (rightly) accused of briefing the media and attempting to control the narrative.

That article certainly seems like that from the player/agent side.

Let’s just say it how it is. Image rights, whatever - it’s about money. It’s always about money.

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Let’s just say it how it is. Image rights, whatever - it’s about money. It’s always about money.

Strange take on this one, I think. Because if it's about money, why is Mount to Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc. being talked up? Do you think they'll be paying better than us? And if they actually are paying better than us ... How the hell is that happening when James and Chilwell have been offered huge deals? Why would we be lowballing a key player with offers below the going rate?

I think it's really clear Mount's situation is absolutely not about money. Maybe to some degree what money represents, but not just earning as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Strange take on this one, I think. Because if it's about money, why is Mount to Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal etc. being talked up? Do you think they'll be paying better than us? And if they actually are paying better than us ... How the hell is that happening when James and Chilwell have been offered huge deals? Why would we be lowballing a key player with offers below the going rate?

I think it's really clear Mount's situation is absolutely not about money. Maybe to some degree what money represents, but not just earning as much as possible.

Nah. Money money money. The rest is fluff to make the club look bad. Imo. 

On 26/05/2023 at 13:50, thevelourfog said:

What the hell is Frank doing even saying these things to camera?! Just bizarre. 

So a player who openly mocks the club and makes himself look “tough” is fine, but a manager who calls it as he sees it is bizarre? 

What is bizarre here really? 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Chilwell and James have gotten their deals under the prior ownership. With that being said, yes, i do believe clubs interested in Mount would be willing to offer him more. It's possible that the age of offering players $250k a week (or more like Sterling, Lukaku and Koulibaly) are gone, at least for a little while for us. 

21 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Nah. Money money money. The rest is fluff to make the club look bad. Imo. 

If Mount is just chasing money, we should be wondering why clubs we want to compete with are offering more money than us (and they aren't, the respective wage bills demonstrate that pretty clearly regardless of what any of us want to believe).

The club doesn't need any help looking bad!

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

So a player who openly mocks the club and makes himself look “tough” is fine, but a manager who calls it as he sees it is bizarre? 

What is bizarre here really? 

Literally no idea what you're talking about with that first bit and you could read the thread for the second bit. 

6 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Chilwell and James have gotten their deals under the prior ownership. 

No, both this season.

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Literally no idea what you're talking about with that first bit and you could read the thread for the second bit. 

A player out on dinner mocking the club on social media is brushed away - Ziyech. You then proceed to question the most Chelsea any person could reasonably be for calling it as he sees it. 

What is unclear? 

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

A player out on dinner mocking the club on social media is brushed away - Ziyech. You then proceed to question the most Chelsea any person could reasonably be for calling it as he sees it. 

What is unclear? 

Oh, I forgot about you deciding a bloke posting on Instagram that he'd had dinner with some mates was some unforgivable sleight. The blokes in the picture ... They're the "turbulence". The force of nature, the thing to be reckoned with. Ziyech's Instagtam is full of utterly meaningless pseudo-aspirational crap like this. It's absolutely nothing to do with the club, not a reference to it or the season at all.

What is unclear is why you're so upset about it.

I'd rather Frank spoke like he was our coach, not one of the pundits. Tell you what, though ... At least he didn't make his comments in a social media caption while down the cafe, then he'd really be dead to me.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2