Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

A front four of 

Nkunku.   Jackson.   Neto

Palmer

…..is very very strong. 

Controversial but I’d keep Sterling.  I know he can be frustrating at times and I’m not his biggest fan but 10 goals and 8 assists last season isn’t that bad and I think he will have a renewed motivation now that Southgate has left the England job. 

As winger 3 in the squad (ie first sub after the two staters) I think he is more than fine.  I’d also keep Madueke too, I think he’s slowly but surely improving his overall game. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

A front four of 

Palmer

…..is very very strong. 

Controversial but I’d keep Sterling.  I know he can be frustrating at times and I’m not his biggest fan but 10 goals and 8 assists last season isn’t that bad and I think he will have a renewed motivation now that Southgate has left the England job. 

As winger 3 in the squad (ie first sub after the two staters) I think he is more than fine.  I’d also keep Madueke too, I think he’s slowly but surely improving his overall game. 

As someone who really doesn’t rate Sterling and gets incredibly frustrated by him, I completely agree. If he’s happy to have that role in the squad then I think he’d be well worth keeping around. He has vastly more experience than anyone else in our squad and he can, when in the mood, be very effective.

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rumours of Juve wanting Sterling

I’ve just posted elsewhere that I think he’s worth keeping if he’s happy to be a back up, not because I rate him, I really don’t, but he’s a good experienced head for the squad.

That said, if the money is right and it takes away his wages, I wouldn’t cry about him going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

A front four of 

Palmer

…..is very very strong. 

I like this very much too, though I'm not sure Maresca would put Nkunku left. He sees him more centrally, which raises many questions about how you put him and Palmer in the same team. I suppose the obvious thing to do is put Nkunku up front and Jackson left. 

Either way I think Neto is going to prove to be a shrewd signing for us. 

5 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

I do like Guehi and probably better than all our defenders but actually don’t think he’s world class 

Interestingly enough I was looking at this yesterday, largely because of the grief Disasi cops, and was genuinely surprised at there being such a widespread difference between the two.

https://ibb.co/FbW54bn

Don't think Guehi is all that either, he's reasonable but far from a £60m+ level of defender. Ironically, if we're signing a Palace defender I'd prefer Guehi's partner Joachim Andersen.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Rumours of Juve wanting Sterling

Which is kinda odd given they're trying to sell Chiesa who "doesn't fit" Thiago Motta's system. I fail to see how Sterling is any better of a fit, and comes at a higher cost. 

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Interestingly enough I was looking at this yesterday, largely because of the grief Disasi cops, and was genuinely surprised at there being such a widespread difference between the two.

https://ibb.co/FbW54bn

Don't think Guehi is all that either, he's reasonable but far from a £60m+ level of defender. Ironically, if we're signing a Palace defender I'd prefer Guehi's partner Joachim Andersen.

Disasi was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be last season.

Like every other player in our entire squad he has a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt. 

Let's see what these players can do under a coach that is all about a system and drilling his players on the training pitch as opposed to a guy who wants to be everyone's mate and just tells them to run.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Rob B said:

A front four of 

Palmer

…..is very very strong. 

I've been a bit of a lone voice regarding Sterling, he's proven beyond doubt throughout his career he is a top, top level player. World class? Maybe at times, it's certainly debatable. If he's not he's very close. 

There is no denying how good he can be, in the right system and I think he will have a big role to play.

We have some very versatile players. Against some teams I could see us lining up like this, with the ball

James Caicedo 

Neto Palmer Nkunku Sterling

Jackson 

20 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

I've been a bit of a lone voice regarding Sterling, he's proven beyond doubt throughout his career he is a top, top level player. World class? Maybe at times, it's certainly debatable. If he's not he's very close. 

There is no denying how good he can be, in the right system and I think he will have a big role to play.

We have some very versatile players. Against some teams I could see us lining up like this, with the ball

James Caicedo 

Neto Palmer Nkunku Sterling

Jackson 

I think Lavia has to be in every best 11 based on pre-season.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Disasi was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be last season.

Like every other player in our entire squad he has a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt. 

Let's see what these players can do under a coach that is all about a system and drilling his players on the training pitch as opposed to a guy who wants to be everyone's mate and just tells them to run.

Agreed. Disasi has certainly been on the end of some unwarranted criticism. 

Even though the sample size was rather small, I believe I read somewhere that Disasi and Colwill were our best performing partnership, while facing some of our tougher opposition. Would be interested in seeing those two together again at some point just to see how it fairs in a hopefully better coached system and across a longer period. 

9 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Agreed. Disasi has certainly been on the end of some unwarranted criticism. 

Even though the sample size was rather small, I believe I read somewhere that Disasi and Colwill were our best performing partnership, while facing some of our tougher opposition. Would be interested in seeing those two together again at some point just to see how it fairs in a hopefully better coached system and across a longer period. 

Agreed. On paper, given that Chalobah is on his way out, our best pairing should be Disasi and Colwill. However, we won’t play with a flat back four, and I’m not sure I’d feel very Co rodent with Disasi - Colwill - Cucurella as our back three trying to defend against the counter with only Caicedo ahead of them. 

I don’t think our defenders are very well suited to play Marescas system. The feeing is we will leak a lot of goals. 

I would feel more confident of a top 4 place if we just signed an actual great cental defender and a top class keeper. As is I think we are going to struggle but I hope to be wrong. Now I realise this is madness as we have sooooo many players and we still imho need more 

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

Is this treatment  specifically reserved for academy players they want to force out? They haven't yet done this to one of the many duds they've signed. 

"Barred" is probably inaccurate. 

If someone is definitely being sold, you don't want him training with the first team and then telling his new club precisely what we're cooking. 

I'm sure it's been explained to him in polite terms. 

Edited by Ham
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rick1977 said:

I would feel more confident of a top 4 place if we just signed an actual great cental defender and a top class keeper. As is I think we are going to struggle but I hope to be wrong. Now I realise this is madness as we have sooooo many players and we still imho need more 

At least we could survive an injury crisis. 🤣🤣

Meanwhile, Conor’s instagram just says that he plays for England, so his move would appear to be imminent. 😔🩷💀

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

"Barred" is probably inaccurate. 

If someone is definitely being sold, you don't want him training with the first team and then telling his new club precisely what we're cooking. 

I'm sure it's been explained to him in polite terms. 

What Trev has done to be sold is an absolute mystery to me. IMO he’s easily good enough to be a first team regular. 💀😔💯

• Like 1