Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, but that's guff.

English clubs are not permitted to do co-ownership.

Some are saying it’s 50 per cent of his image rights. No idea if that’s unusual. All seems a bit bizarre to me. 

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Some are saying it’s 50 per cent of his image rights. No idea if that’s unusual. All seems a bit bizarre to me. 

I don't even know how that works. Seems unlikely. My guess is that we will put our foot down for Osimhen, meaning we don't need this guy (as well as Jackson and Guiu)

• Like 1

Only thing that makes sense to me is that we started to have doubts about Omorodian and have deliberately scuppered the deal. Just seems strange that we’d got as far as giving the guy a medical before changing our mind.

Given that we still need a striker and he was supposedly our main target as Osimhen was out of reach I wonder if something’s changed on that front. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

Goodness me. I don't mind Felix, but he's very inconsistent and he'd cost a fortune.

9 hours ago, Rick1977 said:

Felix had his chance here and was terrible let's not be daft 

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

What? He was a great little player 

Funny how we can all watch the same thing and draw such different conclusions!

He's great, he's terrible..........

He's clearly very gifted technically, but my concerns are whether he is cut out for the PL. It didn't help he came on loan, then was suspended for 3 games! 

Latest reports saying sub 40m fee and he's taking a wage cut to join.........

55 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Laughable is convincing yourself the club should've had the foresight to see war breaking out and having its owner forced to sell because of it.

No idea why this is even remotely relevant. Anyhow, let’s leave it at that. 

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

He's clearly very gifted technically, but my concerns are whether he is cut out for the PL. It didn't help he came on loan, then was suspended for 3 games! 

For me Paul the talent was there but not the application. He went missing too many times in game when we needed something and given that we have Palmer and Nkunku who in my opinion are better players then him it seems a waste.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Image rights? Somebody tell the club he ain't Christiano Ronaldo's adopted son.

This window has been a proper shit show from start to finish. 

€189m spent on new players and we are looking for an injury-prone Pedro Neto for any sign of improvement, in a position where we have spent ridiculous money since our new owners took over. 

2,5 weeks to salvage this season. 

We still badly need a class GK1, a CB worth his name and a striker. If we don't manage this, I fear this season is another write-off. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

The question for me is would you rather Felix or Mudryk and the answer is a no brainer.

I mean sure, Mudryk is utter garbage and virtually anybody would be an upgrade but how about we do the sensible thing and not have either one? 

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

The question for me is would you rather Felix or Mudryk and the answer is a no brainer.

Is it? We've already spunked £60m on Mudryk. Can't see how another £60m on Felix will solve anything other than being stuck with another overhyped player who doesn't deliver. 

34 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Only thing that makes sense to me is that we started to have doubts about Omorodian and have deliberately scuppered the deal. Just seems strange that we’d got as far as giving the guy a medical before changing our mind.

Given that we still need a striker and he was supposedly our main target as Osimhen was out of reach I wonder if something’s changed on that front. 

I've heard that Osimhen is now definitely doable, hence the last minute breakdown with the other guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Agree. Although Madueke will probably end up the fall guy as it will be a struggle to move Mudryk on for any sort of real return.

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This window has been a proper shit show from start to finish. 

€189m spent on new players and we are looking for an injury-prone Pedro Neto for any sign of improvement, in a position where we have spent ridiculous money since our new owners took over. 

2,5 weeks to salvage this season. 

We still badly need a class GK1, a CB worth his name and a striker. If we don't manage this, I fear this season is another write-off. 

It's been another car crash window but did we expect anything different? 

The joke being that this is all part of the plan and there's nothing to see here.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Is it? We've already spunked £60m on Mudryk. Can't see how another £60m on Felix will solve anything other than being stuck with another overhyped player who doesn't deliver. 

Well, talk is it's more like £35m and I rate Felix, very highly so yeah, for me it really is.

Edited by martin1905

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If it's true then for me he had his chance and failed. He's skillful but he isn't what we currently need imho. And going back to him feels like a mistake. Like with my ex wife 😆. We need to move on and find someone better I know I did. 

Edited by Rick1977
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think you may have hit the nail on the head, a 'better' option may have come available. Or they found out he was nearer 30 than 20.

I do agree - there'll have to be a lot of outgoings in the last few weeks of the window. That said, I think we could potentially play 75 games(!) this season (including the CWC). Some of these players have already featured in international tournaments in the summer as well. Rotation will be crucial.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Of many questions, my main one is how on earth is the manager going to keep all these players happy??

Quite a few exits, I expect.

When the stagger unwinds, I reckon we'll have2 players per position, in a season where we could play a lot of games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If we end up with Osimhen and Felix (although I have some reservations about both), in addition to what we already have, we should hopefully be sorted through attack and midfield for years to come. We still would need a world class CB and GK, which might have to wait until next summer. Quite similar to Liverpool’s position, before they bough Allison and Van Dyke. We  will have about 15 players to sell to finance those 2 purchases. So maybe the plan is top 4 this year and a title push next year, once Pep has knobbed off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

If we end up with Osimhen and Felix (although I have some reservations about both), in addition to what we already have, we should hopefully be sorted through attack and midfield for years to come. We still would need a world class CB and GK, which might have to wait until next summer. Quite similar to Liverpool’s position, before they bough Allison and Van Dyke. We  will have about 15 players to sell to finance those 2 purchases. So maybe the plan is top 4 this year and a title push next year, once Pep has knobbed off.

I 100% agree we need those 2 transformative players just as we did before the window opened 

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Of many questions, my main one is how on earth is the manager going to keep all these players happy??

Bigger squads are going to be the way forward. 

The days of having a settled eleven that play 38 league games, plus the majority of cup and European games is coming to its end. If we've got a bigger squad then it'll hopefully mean players stay fresher, remain fitter, and aren't forced into being rushed back when injures do occur. 

Rotation should also breed competition for places which is also another good thing to have.

• Agree 1