Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I'm absolutely convinced pulling out of the Samu deal means we are going for Osimhen but I could be wrong. I did a post last summer which many of you liked, about how almost all the moves the club makes are explainable and that you can pick out the logic to all of them if you take the time to really consider each case. Sometimes things do not make sense in isolation but do when you take a more macro view and I am 100% sure that is what is happening here. 

I think the player was also a bit iffy about the transfer, picked up that we were too, and then it fell apart. Reports earlier in the window were that he didn't want to move. Also sound like he would have been a bit part here, or been sent out on loan, and he has other PL offers on the table where he can probably be starter - Bournemouth interested as a Solanke replacement (don't let ROTG hear that we were interested!) and West Ham wanted him on loan from us

35 minutes ago, Morgs said:

From ground level the idea of pulling out of a deal for Omorodion and going for a player we KNOW isn't up to the rigours of the Prem and wasn't consistently good enough when he was here on loan, purely to facilitate a sale of one our few genuine Crown Jewels to a Spanish club at a vastly lower price than if we were to sell him in the UK.... yeah. It looks retarded. 

Seems that way to me

47 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

Quite. I'd sell every other keeper at the Club in a heartbeat if it meant we could have Oblak bossing that back four

This is where we'll miss Silva trying to pull together a tremendously flaky back four this season. With James out for August and probably on everyone's list to be the first long term injury it's beginning to look like Cucurella is the most stable element after his Euro's performance. What a difference a year makes.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

This is where we'll miss Silva trying to pull together a tremendously flaky back four this season. With James out for August and probably on everyone's list to be the first long term injury it's beginning to look like Cucurella is the most stable element after his Euro's performance. What a difference a year makes.

Not with Reecey, sadly 🙃💀😔

59 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I think to suggest there is no plan is silly. They will have planned meticulously. Whether we like, or believe in the plan is another matter, but perhaps the sensible thing is to see how things play out over the season.

58 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

I'll get my crystal ball out.

28 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The frogs that wait for the water to hit boiling point ... Well, they boil. Patience is not always a virtue. Like you, I think the writing is on the wall for this season. 

The OPTA supercomputer has us finishing 4th. 

17 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Sanchez

James Fofana Colwill Cucurella 

Enzo Caicedo

Palmer Nkunku Pedro

Jackson 

Jorgensen 

Gusto Disasi Tosin Chilwell 

Lavia Ugochukwu 

Madueke KDH Sterling

Giui

Estevao, Paez, Anselmino to come next year and believe it or not this year's window is still open.

What a terrible, terrible job they have done. 

All this talk of us having to "sell" hotels in order to comply.  

I think it was the other way around.  They "sold" the hotels in order to keep on spending until such time as the loophole was closed.  

Spoiler alert: The hotels haven't really been sold.  Just an accounting trick.  

Oh, and I agree.  Brilliant squad.  Who else has better quality in depth?

32 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Sterling? Mudryk? I reckon either would be sold without a moment's hesitation if there was a viable bid. Some would be including Fernandez and Cucurella in that, but appreciate opinions vary. I wonder if someone also does actually appreciate Sanchez was a stinker of a signing and would sell if they could.

And then there's the players they didn't sign but gave huge contracts, who they are now desperate to sell ... Broja and Chalobah.

Don't think it's just Kepa and Lukaku, sadly.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. Kepa and Lukaku are the only ones (thus far) in recent times that we have been stuck with and unable to shift, when clearly we have been trying to. 

As far as I am aware (might be wrong) none of the others you mention we have actively TRIED to shift (not arguing whether we would or would not want to). 

Edit - the club took a loss to move on PEA and KK pretty quickly, but they were able to move them on at least. 

Edited by paulw66

30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Despite RLC forcing his way into his XI by the end of the season.

The age thing is relevant because the difference at senior football between 17 and 20/21 is huge. 

The idea he would have ignored Mount and James is very fancible. And he would have had to replace Hazard with someone.

I don’t think the age thing is relevant. Some players like CHO develop earlier and others later. It’s more about giving little opportunities here and there to keep those players interested and motivated. He didn’t do that for the vast majority ( and let’s not forget this was our golden age of prospects).  I don’t think it’s fanciful to suggest not much would have changed in a second season. James maybe would have got a few games but I think Mount would have stayed exactly where he was.  There were calls to bring Mount back in the window but that was never going to happen. He never even went to see him play once, and I heard somewhere ( could be wrong) that he never watched the academy games once in his time here.  It’s fairly obvious where his focus was and it wasn’t bringing through players. 
On a different point , I don’t think I heard him compliment Hazard once during that season. Considering he almost single handedly dragged us into top four , I found that very strange. 
But it’s all history now. We have the current situation to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

They had to sell hotels, car parks and whatever else they could find to meet PSR for the last accounting period. No sponsor in sight so another hole to account for. I'm sure they're taking PSR a little more seriously than they did last time round. 

Even if you are right, the need to comply for this FY runs until 30 June 2025. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

. He never even went to see him play once

Which managers have the time to manage their team and go and watch another on the same weekend? 

I don't ever recall seeing any manager of any Premier League team sitting in a Championship stadium watching their loanee play. 

25 minutes ago, chara said:

Just to clear up a little issue,,,

TSL....not because I couldn't spell the name...eventually!...but I liked the look of him from the start and given his age hope he really hits the heights in a few years,,,my admitted agenda player and it just stuck....unapologetically I will continue to use TLS!

🤠🤣👨‍🦯🌩️

And,,,as an OG somehow I fail to be consistent...end of post TLS,,The Lad Spanish,,,but the again a certain Spanish Language student on here will tell you that in Spanish that is how it's written (I think!)🙃

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

On a different point , I don’t think I heard him compliment Hazard once during that season. Considering he almost single handedly dragged us into top four , I found that very strange. 

Even stranger if he'd had left Hazard on the bench to play CHO.

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Which managers have the time to manage their team and go and watch another on the same weekend? 

I don't ever recall seeing any manager of any Premier League team sitting in a Championship stadium watching their loanee play. 

Maybe so. We don’t actually know that though do we? But then to suggest Mount ( playing for Derby)  would have slotted straight into the team under Sarri to replace Hazard ( having never seen him play a competitive match) is a bit fanciful. 

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Maybe so. We don’t actually know that though do we? But then to suggest Mount ( playing for Derby)  would have slotted straight into the team under Sarri to replace Hazard ( having never seen him play a competitive match) is a bit fanciful. 

I am not saying Mount would have simply taken Hazard's minutes, but he would have needed replacing and with no signings to go to. 

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

That would have been strange seeing as CHO was an old fashioned type winger. 

they both play(ed) on the left. 

Anyway, let's park this as we wont agree on something we can never prove. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am not saying Mount would have simply taken Hazard's minutes, but he would have needed replacing and with no signings to go to. 

they both play(ed) on the left. 

Anyway, let's park this as we wont agree on something we can never prove. 

Mostly on the right I think but versatile. But agreed to park it . It’s just opinions ( and faded ones at that). 

59 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Thought Madueke was one of our better players in preseason. Don’t tell me we’re more likely to keep Sterling and Mudryk because they’d be harder to shift. 

I agree. I think the kid has something and he does score goals and make things happen. I'd have him in the squad over Mudryk and Sterling (and Felix) all day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chara said:

Just to clear up a little issue,,,

TSL....not because I couldn't spell the name...eventually!...but I liked the look of him from the start and given his age hope he really hits the heights in a few years,,,my admitted agenda player and it just stuck....unapologetically I will continue to use TLS!

🤠🤣👨‍🦯🌩️

You’re not the only one Chara. Look at poor old Wayne! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Sanchez

James Fofana Colwill Cucurella 

Enzo Caicedo

Palmer Nkunku Pedro

Jackson 

Jorgensen 

Gusto Disasi Tosin Chilwell 

Lavia Ugochukwu 

Madueke KDH Sterling

Giui

Estevao, Paez, Anselmino to come next year and believe it or not this year's window is still open.

What a terrible, terrible job they have done. 

Yep, absolutely terrible job all things considered.

Laughed out loud at 60m Mudryk not featuring in either one of the teams. Contract until 2032.

1 hour ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Me neither. Why bother buying these talents if we aren’t willing to let them have time to develop? It’s just a waste of everyone’s time really. 

Sure. Beyond doubt. We were told to wait until this window. The. Their plan would become clear. Well I see the plan and I call bullshit. 

I can tell you. We will go into the season with about 5-10 players too many. They can’t train with the first team squad (for obvious reasons) so will just hang around Cobham. The main squad will be too big, causing lots of disgruntled players. We will sell Chilwell as he doesn’t suit “the system”. Gallagher must be sold, for some weird reason. That we get a player we don’t need in return doesn’t matter. 

We will start badly. Losing big against City, not winning many from the next five very winnable games for a club not run by a bunch of clowns. Then the real nightmare starts with tough games against other top contenders. Around October/November everyone will panic, the Bridge will become hostile and Maresca will be fired before Christmas. We will hire a new caretaker and finish somewhere in midtable (anything from 8th - 12th is feasible). 

Next summer we will rip everything up again. Hiring a new manager with different ideas and a bunch of other sellable assets will be sold to fund the new dream. Rinse and repeat until the yanks get bored and fucks off. When that happens we will be stuck with a long list of overrated players on multi-year contracts that will be near impossible to shift unless we take large losses. 

Bold and yet pessimistic predictions! I guess we'll see.

Edited by RDCW

Talk on twitter that the club might have had the idea to upgrade one of our CBs as well. Wouldn't be averse to moving on one of Bads or Axel and bringing in someone better. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Talk on twitter that the club might have had the idea to upgrade one of our CBs as well. Wouldn't be averse to moving on one of Bads or Axel and bringing in someone better. 

I like Axel. But Badashile, after a good start looks shocking and nowhere near what we need.

I’m still concerned about a lack of leadership and physicality but I’ve a sneaky feeling Lavia might step up? Caicedo too - and the more I see of Big Les, I like. 🎯💀💯

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Who are the potential recruits?

Didn't say but evidently the club isn't finished and the Osimhen info seems credible too.