Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

22 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Talk on twitter that the club might have had the idea to upgrade one of our CBs as well. Wouldn't be averse to moving on one of Bads or Axel and bringing in someone better. 

I can think of someone better than both of them that won't cost us anything!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I like Axel. But Badashile, after a good start looks shocking and nowhere near what we need.

I’m still concerned about a lack of leadership and physicality but I’ve a sneaky feeling Lavia might step up? Caicedo too - and the more I see of Big Les, I like. 🎯💀💯

When Badiashile first came into the team, I thought he was excellent. After his injury, he looks like half the player, and clumsy with it. 

• Agree 4

“Agent commissions”…

It has been reported that Omorodion will not be joining Chelsea after failing a medical. However, journalist Ben Jacobs has refuted that claim.

Rather, according to Jacobs, Omorodion’s transfer to the Blues has fallen through because of agent commissions.

Speaking on talkSPORT (12/08/2024 at 08:40), he said: “They do rate Samu very highly. There’s just been an issue at the last minute, some complications I think around the agent commissions.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/the-real-reason-why-samu-omorodions-move-to-chelsea-is-now-off/

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. Kepa and Lukaku are the only ones (thus far) in recent times that we have been stuck with and unable to shift, when clearly we have been trying to. 

As far as I am aware (might be wrong) none of the others you mention we have actively TRIED to shift (not arguing whether we would or would not want to). 

Edit - the club took a loss to move on PEA and KK pretty quickly, but they were able to move them on at least. 

Didn't we get our money back on KK or am I mistemembering?  Thought we fleeced the Saudis.  

Man City bought Alvarez for £14m. Won 2x PL’s and a CL whilst he was with them and have now just sold him for £80+ million.

Fantastic business - That’s the way to do it! 

Very straightforward and a player that wanted to go and they get beyond top dollar.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Ham said:

Didn't we get our money back on KK or am I mistemembering?  Thought we fleeced the Saudis.  

most of it. 

18 minutes ago, east lower said:

Man City bought Alvarez for £14m. Won 2x PL’s and a CL whilst he was with them and have now just sold him for £80+ million.

Fantastic business - That’s the way to do it! 

Very straightforward and a player that wanted to go and they get beyond top dollar.

It's not 80m up front. The media report things differently for different clubs. 

they're also selling from  a position of strength as they would have happily kept him. I think he'll be a big loss too, which is an obvious downside

Edit - 11 goals and 9 assists from 2660 minutes last season in the PL. A contribution every 133 minutes (without being the penalty taker). It's a lot of money but they have lost a very good player.

Edited by paulw66

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I know you’re concerned that we might sell Chilly. I feel you, Broseph. Try not to worry. 🫶🏻🤣👀

Concerned like every Chelsea fan should be that we won't be able to get rid of our 4th choice LB and he'll still be here at the end of the window. 🫢

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Selling him shows a lack of ambition by City and a small club mentality 

😉

Shows everyone else how it's done. You don't want to be here, that's OK- on our terms 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

most of it. 

It's not 80m up front. The media report things differently for different clubs. 

they're also selling from  a position of strength as they would have happily kept him. I think he'll be a big loss too, which is an obvious downside

Two senior strikers and Oscar Bobb - Now minus one. I think it shows the mindset of the head-coach. His confidence in himself, the players that do want to be there and the backing he has from the club. 

They'll pick up a replacement for less than the difference of the price they bought him for and the £60+ million they're making on him. And the chances are his replacement will fulfill the role required.

FWIW I think Athleti have overpaid for him by £20m. He's good, but not Diego Costa good.

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

“No response from Chelsea yet…”

Is this just being pushed by Atletico? 

IMG_9041.jpeg

Maybe the coach has seen enough for him to know that he could just do with a Conor?

Although Big Les had a wonderful cameo yesterday. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, east lower said:

Maybe the coach has seen enough for him to know that he could just do with a Conor?

Although Big Les had a wonderful cameo yesterday. 

If we had to sell Conor I’d be happy with Big Les and Caicedo doing all the dirty work - we have enough creatives to do their thing. 💀🎯💯

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Outgoing…

IMG_9040.jpeg

Is this ridiculous stuff really worth our time? 

5 hours ago, RDCW said:

Bold and yet pessimistic predictions! I guess we'll see.

It was also slightly tongue in cheek. I might not be all that pessimistic, but I’d also not rule it out as impossible. 

4 hours ago, Morgs said:

Talk on twitter that the club might have had the idea to upgrade one of our CBs as well. Wouldn't be averse to moving on one of Bads or Axel and bringing in someone better. 

A new CB would be very welcome. As long as we don’t pay €80m for a crock who can’t man mark 🤞

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I can think of someone better than both of them that won't cost us anything!

Can’t have that. How will Laurel and Hardy justify their own pay checks? 

4 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Is this ridiculous stuff really worth our time? 

Free transfer. Loaned out for 2.5m last season, now sold for another £2m.

Or another way of looking at is would as it funding a £20m purchase for a year from an amortisation perspective. 

I'd have it very low on the list of things to complain about, if on a list at all. 

• Like 1

Atletico need to sell someone to help cover the costs of signing both Gallagher and Alvarez, hence they dependance on us signing Samu. 

Worth noting that Atletico were also chasing another midfielder that plays within La Liga (name escapes me) and would be cheaper. No idea if they were wanting both him and Gallagher, but it may also be something to note in all of this.