Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

12 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Outgoing…

IMG_9040.jpeg

Selling players like Moreira is par for the course with our strategy, a buy back option is smart as well. What I don’t understand is contemplating selling someone like Madueke, for a multitude of reasons it would make no sense at all, for one it would affect the balance of the squad, any faith I had left would be gone in all honesty. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Free transfer. Loaned out for 2.5m last season, now sold for another £2m.

Or another way of looking at is would as it funding a £20m purchase for a year from an amortisation perspective. 

I'd have it very low on the list of things to complain about, if on a list at all. 

£5m immediately realised on the books. So a £20m purchase on a 4 year contract is funded for 1 year?

Is that how it works?

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

£5m immediately realised on the books. So a £20m purchase on a 4 year contract is funded for 1 year?

Is that how it works?

More or less, yes.

Transfer fee  amortised over the maximum 5 years (even if signing a longer deal), plus wages, gives you the running cost per year to keep a player. 

In this case £20m transfer fee effectively costs £4m per year on books + whatever the yearly wages are on top.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

I'm assuming Gallagher is still banned from the training ground and linking up with the first team.

He really should dig his heels in now and refuse to leave.

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

I'm assuming Gallagher is still banned from the training ground and linking up with the first team.

It'll be an absolute disgrace if we don't let him have his move after trying to force him out for the best part of a year.

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Bison said:

Excuse my language but what a shitshow. 🫡🎯 🤡🌍

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It'll be an absolute disgrace if we don't let him have his move after trying to force him out for the best part of a year.

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Excuse my language but what a shitshow. 🫡🎯 🤡🌍

Yet another reason why certain people shouldn't be in a job.

Does anybody here think if the two co-sporting directors left today they would be able to get another job at this level ever again? 

• Agree 1

I know these things are more complicated than they appear from the outside but treating Gallagher like this is appalling , knowing that Atletico have been rumoured to want out of this for some days I think they're equally to blame but it's shocking behaviour from all involved 

• Agree 2

No one knows what's going on but surely we can't blame our board for this? 

They need to pay the money to sign the player or we are well within our rights to ask him to come back?

They've just spent £80m+ on another player and it appears now can't afford Connor, yet that's our fault?

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

They need to pay the money to sign the player or we are well within our rights to ask him to come back?

They've just spent £80m+ on another player and it appears now can't afford Connor, yet that's our fault?

We can and we will. 

43 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

If Atletico can't afford him, that's us "not letting him move"?

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

This is what is annoying me regarding the online discourse. It's being made to look like our fault, but a problem has come up in the deal from the Atletico side, so what are we supposed to do?

53 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know these things are more complicated than they appear from the outside but treating Gallagher like this is appalling , knowing that Atletico have been rumoured to want out of this for some days I think they're equally to blame but it's shocking behaviour from all involved 

He will end up at Spurs

46 minutes ago, Bison said:

We can and we will. 

5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is what is annoying me regarding the online discourse. It's being made to look like our fault, but a problem has come up in the deal from the Atletico side, so what are we supposed to do?

Clearly, blame the board.

• Angry 1

21 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you frame it this way and leave out some relevant details, sure. But it isn't this simple, is it? We've set up a mutual FFP trade and used him as a pawn within it, and now that seems to be collapsing. It's accountancy for us, but his career and life.

And I said "if", anyway. I, like you, do not know exactly what is happening here.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It's getting silly now, the toxicity aimed at the board.

There's so many things to be angry about but another club not being able to afford one of our players after spunking £80+m on a player yesterday really isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

5 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Clearly, blame the board.

The issue appears to be that we refused to give Omorodion the contract/terms he wanted. Something that should have been long established before getting to this stage of a deal.

So, once again with the caveat none of us actually know what is going on and are forming opinions based on reports that may be tosh, it's pretty reasonable imo for some of the blame to be sat with us.

I mean, this is a player we've been briefing we want to sell for 18 months and we agreed a deal with a buyer that only worked if we gave them the money for it. Which we aren't doing. I really cannot see how that isn't messing Gallagher about, and hugely.

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

If you frame it this way and leave out some relevant details, sure. But it isn't this simple, is it? We've set up a mutual FFP trade and used him as a pawn within it, and now that seems to be collapsing. It's accountancy for us, but his career and life.

And I said "if", anyway. I, like you, do not know exactly what is happening here.

From what I read, the paperwork is with Atletico to complete the transfer. They haven't. And we have said if they don't complete it, we want him back. 

Sounds completely reasonable. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

From what I read, the paperwork is with Atletico to complete the transfer. They haven't. And we have said if they don't complete it, we want him back. 

Sounds completely reasonable. 

Again, completely reasonable ... When you leave out the whole bit about how Atletico buying Gallagher was always contingent on us buying an Atletico player first, which we seem to have pulled out of.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Again, completely reasonable ... When you leave out the whole bit about how Atletico buying Gallagher was always contingent on us buying an Atletico player first, which we seem to have pulled out of.

Why would you add that bit in though?

I find out board as useless as the next man, but they appear to have briefed quite clearly that they view the deals as separate.