Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Oh, I forgot about you deciding a bloke posting on Instagram that he'd had dinner with some mates was some unforgivable sleight. The blokes in the picture ... They're the "turbulence". The force of nature, the thing to be reckoned with. Ziyech's Instagtam is full of utterly meaningless pseudo-aspirational crap like this. It's absolutely nothing to do with the club, not a reference to it or the season at all.

What is unclear is why you're so upset about it.

I'd rather Frank spoke like he was our coach, not one of the pundits. Tell you what, though ... At least he didn't make his comments in a social media caption while down the cafe, then he'd really be dead to me.

Quite. 

9 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Oh, I forgot about you deciding a bloke posting on Instagram that he'd had dinner with some mates was some unforgivable sleight. The blokes in the picture ... They're the "turbulence". The force of nature, the thing to be reckoned with. Ziyech's Instagtam is full of utterly meaningless pseudo-aspirational crap like this. It's absolutely nothing to do with the club, not a reference to it or the season at all.

What is unclear is why you're so upset about it.

I'd rather Frank spoke like he was our coach, not one of the pundits. Tell you what, though ... At least he didn't make his comments in a social media caption while down the cafe, then he'd really be dead to me.

I’d rather our players didn’t openly mock the club, chest pumping over how they’ve caused turbulence at the club. You want to pretend it’s something else, go ahead. I just find it incredibly naive. 

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’d rather our players didn’t openly mock the club, chest pumping over how they’ve caused turbulence at the club. You want to pretend it’s something else, go ahead. I just find it incredibly naive. 

On the positive side - I doubt any of them will be at the  club by the end of June

Still of the opinion, the club will have a mini press black out during June, only releasing details of departures once they are signed sealed and delivered.

TBSD have a busy month ahead of them.

18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Joe Cole. 

not the least bit sad (if true)

hugely talented. largely ineffective.

Atletico did much better without him. 

💙🫡

17 hours ago, ROTG said:

I think you will find we brought him in January before Bolton were relegated. 

Right, but that doesn't change the point, does it? We've made some good signings from the bottom PL teams over the years. Other PL teams too, Robertson springs to mind.

14 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Let’s just say it how it is. Image rights, whatever - it’s about money. It’s always about money.

Image rights are probably the most sensible ones, so they are the last ones to be about the money.

13 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Nah. Money money money. The rest is fluff to make the club look bad. Imo. 

Money is a big thing, but players also consider game time and success. Mason might be considering his chances of winning trophies and the part he might play in them. If the difference in the amount of money being offered is small, then the other things assume greater importance. Maybe he is thinking about how he will look back on his career when he retires. Does he want to be a club legend or just another player who people barely remember? To do that, he will want to have won things, and he will want to have played a large part in doing so, and that means he wants game time and to be picked to play in the biggest games. He does not want to spend more seasons in the treatment room rather than on the field. So, maybe he is weighing these things. Does he believe that playing for another club will increase his chances of winning trophies while having a slot for him in their squad? If Poch wants him to stay, he should lay out the vision and his part in it.

25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Money is a big thing, but players also consider game time and success. Mason might be considering his chances of winning trophies and the part he might play in them.

I would dread to think that Mason believes the club is going down the Harry Kane path of success

I'll get my coat

36 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Money is a big thing, but players also consider game time and success. Mason might be considering his chances of winning trophies and the part he might play in them. If the difference in the amount of money being offered is small, then the other things assume greater importance. Maybe he is thinking about how he will look back on his career when he retires. Does he want to be a club legend or just another player who people barely remember? To do that, he will want to have won things, and he will want to have played a large part in doing so, and that means he wants game time and to be picked to play in the biggest games. He does not want to spend more seasons in the treatment room rather than on the field. So, maybe he is weighing these things. Does he believe that playing for another club will increase his chances of winning trophies while having a slot for him in their squad? If Poch wants him to stay, he should lay out the vision and his part in it.

They do…after they consider money. I’m not knocking them for that btw

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I read yesterday that Pulisic to Juventus for £20m is a deal likely to happen… fingers crossed!

Juve are yet to appoint a sporting director (although chasing Napoli's Cristiano Giuntoli), and Allegri is no certainty to be manager before the new season starts, so I wouldn't read too much into it as of yet.

Wouldn't start ahead of Kostic or Chiesa, and former Chelsea academy player looked really exciting in the games he played this season. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Image rights = money 

What are you trying to say? Of course they can be bought and sold for money. But the players might not want to sell them as they are super sensitive which leaves them with less money and more control over their own image.

So if you're having a negotiation and obstacle is image rights it *might not* be about "MONEY" for the player.

34 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Juve are yet to appoint a sporting director (although chasing Napoli's Cristiano Giuntoli), and Allegri is no certainty to be manager before the new season starts, so I wouldn't read too much into it as of yet.

Wouldn't start ahead of Kostic or Chiesa, and former Chelsea academy player looked really exciting in the games he played this season. 

Lets swap him for Chiesa then! 😄

Also, doesn't Kostic generally play as a LWB? Surely Pulisic would play LW/RW in that system? 

38 minutes ago, Bones said:

What are you trying to say? Of course they can be bought and sold for money. But the players might not want to sell them as they are super sensitive which leaves them with less money and more control over their own image.

So if you're having a negotiation and obstacle is image rights it *might not* be about "MONEY" for the player.

I’m just saying that in my view it always comes back to money! 💰 

Saw this on Twitter…(@CFCPys)

Ugarte prefers Chelsea’s sporting project but yesterday he learned that Chelsea are offering half the Salary PSG are, now he has a dilemma. 

Todd Boehly was present in the meeting yesterday, he met with Manuel Ugarte, Jorge Mendes and Jorge Chijane. He was presented with €2m annual salary, through a long term deal, in order to soften the investment, spreading it over several years and reducing the impact of spending on UEFA fair play.

Ugarte saw Chelsea as almost a done deal but is now reticent over his future after seeing the disparity in wages.

Everything will be solved in the coming days with a new round of negotiations set to take place between clubs and player. PSG also offered sporting to pay in 2 installments of 30 million, whilst Chelsea offered it over 5 installments.

Edited by Original 21

28 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Ugarte prefers Chelsea’s sporting project but yesterday he learned that Chelsea are offering half the Salary PSG are, now he has a dilemma. 

Todd Boehly was present in the meeting yesterday, he met with Manuel Ugarte, Jorge Mendes and Jorge Chijane. He was presented with €2m annual salary, through a long term deal, in order to soften the investment, spreading it over several years and reducing the impact of spending on UEFA fair play.

Ugarte saw Chelsea as almost a done deal but is now reticent over his future after seeing the disparity in wages.

Everything will be solved in the coming days with a new round of negotiations set to take place between clubs and player. PSG also offered sporting to pay in 2 installments of 30 million, whilst Chelsea offered it over 5 installments.

Yeah this story is getting a lot of traction on Chelsea Twitter, and appears to have originated from  Record (Portugal)

Bit worrying if true,  given the reports of re-neging on Enzo and Mount offers / contracts.   Two sides to every story of course and will reserve judgement, but we won't do ourselves any favours  by conducting business in this way. 

As an aside, 2m Euro's feels awfully low for a player of his stature - £38k per week. 

29 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I've seen/heard similar stories elsewhere today.

My concern is that having probably over-spent in the last two windows - and irrespective of what we might bring in in player sales in the next few weeks which would mitigate against FFP - the new owners are now possibly going to low-ball to show that they're tough negotiators and not the push-overs they've been seen to be by some... which could potentially see us miss out on some targets.

Long (6+ years) contracts look clever... but only if that player is successful over much of the length of that contract. Otherwise, it's just a millstone around the neck if they can't be sold. It's almost an admission of over-paying; "yeah the house cost £250,000 more than it's probably worth, but we've spread the mortgage over 35 years instead of 25, so the monthly repayment is actually £50/month less!" Yippee!!!

38 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

If any of this is true and he chooses us over PSG then he's proper Chels in my eyes 😉

• Haha 1