Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

25 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

The red card was very harsh as far as I remember. In his debut, wasn't it?

More stupid than harsh i'd say.  Gave the Ref an easy decision to make 

• Thanks 1

Video not available here but as I recall, Gave the Ref an easy chance to give a "Chelsea Only" type decision.

3 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Video not available here but as I recall, Gave the Ref an easy chance to give a "Chelsea Only" type decision.

Yeh. It was a stupid challenge.  Don't think he meant to hurt anyone, but he gave the Ref the chance to send him off and that's what he did... 

• Agree 2

Also maybe a bit harsh to pass much judgement on his Chelsea spell given we were in an absolute shit show at the time. I’m sure Felix wants to be settled within a club and it looks like our new brand of football suits him better. 

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

Shame, as he was having a bit of a stormer on his debut. Almost defined his time here. 

Now, give me a choice between he and Fernandez and I know which one I’d take. Neither being best suited by the PL.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

My worry is that our squad is so bloated that it’s going to be impossible for Enzo to choose his best lineup and keep everyone happy. Also it’s not good for unity or cohesion. How we’re going to get shot of the players we need to is a mystery but it’s worth taking a financial hit to do so imo, if we can. 💀👀🎯

2 hours ago, DannyLB said:

Also maybe a bit harsh to pass much judgement on his Chelsea spell given we were in an absolute shit show at the time. I’m sure Felix wants to be settled within a club and it looks like our new brand of football suits him better. 

"our new brand of football" 

• Haha 1

Guest Alex
1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

My worry is that our squad is so bloated that it’s going to be impossible for Enzo to choose his best lineup and keep everyone happy. Also it’s not good for unity or cohesion. How we’re going to get shot of the players we need to is a mystery but it’s worth taking a financial hit to do so imo, if we can. 💀👀🎯

Not been on the board for some days.

Not so related to your post Matt, but three pressing thoughts:

Neto has been, before coming to us, in the premiership what we expected Mudryk to be, but seems to be perennially injured. Will we be in another Gus Poyet situation with him?

Lavia looked good in preseason, is he why we sold Gallagher?

Thirdly is Oshimen better than Jackson?

Lots of rumours we are getting a transfer ban due to the dealings that happened under Roman that were uncovered after the takeover, which we self reported.

Would possibly explain some of the stockpiling.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Lots of rumours we are getting a transfer ban due to the dealings that happened under Roman that were uncovered after the takeover, which we self reported.

Chelsea were already banned under Roman 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50261117#:~:text=Chelsea were given a transfer,in May after an appeal.

1 hour ago, Miguelito07 said:

the Osihmen rumours have started again. Not sure what I think about this. Last season he wasnt particularly great

I’d much rather we invested in him than someone like Felix, would make a lot more sense…..oh and just keep Gallagher but I’m sure we’ll just flog him to a different team. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Saving us from ourselves 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Then we best buy a centre-half (and a damned good one) sharpish then.

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Suggestions?

I think there are options who improve us. Either Guehi or Andersen at Palace. Kilman is a very solid CB at £40m. I think Branthwaite is very good already with great potential, too many Chelsea fans pre judging him on how bad he and Everton were when we drubbed them 5-0 last season. He is much better than that. I’m sure a deal could be done with Everton for about £50m with add on’s.

The Brazilian lad at Juve Gelson Bremer looked good at Torino, though not seen him much at Juve.

A massive bid under the noses of Spurs for Romero. I know he can be a liability, but he is also a top quality defender and would give us a much needed cynical and nasty side. We all hate him cos of how he plays and who he plays for. We would also love him if he were here. Though I accept an unlikely deal. 

I think all of these CB’s are an improvement on what we have right now . 

59 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Suggestions?

Temporary and no fee - Matts Hummels for a season?

Also and only an observation as I've not seen much of him - Yann Bisseck of Inter Milan, looked better than ours on Sunday.

Edited by east lower

26 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I think there are options who improve us. Either Guehi or Andersen at Palace. Kilman is a very solid CB at £40m. I think Branthwaite is very good already with great potential, too many Chelsea fans pre judging him on how bad he and Everton were when we drubbed them 5-0 last season. He is much better than that. I’m sure a deal could be done with Everton for about £50m with add on’s.

The Brazilian lad at Juve Gelson Bremer looked good at Torino, though not seen him much at Juve.

A massive bid under the noses of Spurs for Romero. I know he can be a liability, but he is also a top quality defender and would give us a much needed cynical and nasty side. We all hate him cos of how he plays and who he plays for. We would also love him if he were here. Though I accept an unlikely deal. 

I think all of these CB’s are an improvement on what we have right now . 

This sort of highlights the problem with trying to find a solution. We'd be spending a lot of money on a centre back that isn't necessarily a lock to improve us while adding the desired qualities we need. Granted no transfer is a guarantee, outside of Romero (entirely unrealistic anyway), and to a degree Bremer (recently signed a new deal until 2028), one could argue the remaining options would all be considered relative punts. 

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Temporary and no fee - Matts Hummels for a season?

Also and only an observation as I've not seen much of him - Yann Bisseck of Inter Milan, looked better than ours on Sunday.

Hummels doesn't have the legs, granted his leadership and experience would be nice.

Bisseck only joined Inter last season and still needs a bit more football in him, he is talented through from the limited appearances I've seen him make.