Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Not for me. I quite like Casadei and they're getting too much value there imo.

Lukaku, €35m and Casadei on loan and I'd be very happy with that.

This is the problem with this nonsense strategy. Casadei has not proved he is good enough, but more importantly he has not proved that he isn’t good enough. 
I got no problem with flipping players for profit, but at least let’s give them a chance to develop. The club clearly identified Casadei and Chuk as two examples of players that fit within the criteria for player recruitment. Yet neither of them have been given the opportunity to show their true value. Yet the vibes are that both are available , if a club shows enough interest.

The owners and model irritates me so much, I really hope that they let a player go , and that player goes on to be elite. That’s the only way they will learn from this complete bullsh*t .

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Sounds good to me…

IMG_9046.jpeg

Napoli have got their own version (albeit not quite as vocal or pointy) of Lukaku. He doesn’t want to be there and they don’t want him there. No club has been near them for him at their £100+ million valuation.

They don’t have a fantastic negotiating position. Lukaku, Casadei on loan (no option to buy, other than first refusal) plus £35million.

That’s the starting point and one I’d not go too far past.

Imagine Antonio not getting what he demands and De-Lorentis (spelling?) in a room having a frank discussion - Like to have that room bugged, to listen to how that plays out.

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1

Interestingly, this is another scenario where FFP is self defeating. If you spend right up to the sharp edge of the limit every year, you have amortised assets you can sell off to fund other players (like Casedei in this case). If you don’t, then you’re sinking hard cash into the hole and there is a limit. Casadei could be written into this deal at say 20m. We paid 15m? 2 years of a 5 year deal = 6m, so he owes us 9m. That’s 11m “profit”… it’s all very fag-packet maths, but until this plays out further, it’s difficult to say whether Todd and Co are “stupid” and “don’t know what they are doing” as some would have you believe, or actually playing a very clever hand in the medium term/long term.

53 minutes ago, east lower said:

Napoli have got their own version (albeit not quite as vocal or pointy) of Lukaku. He doesn’t want to be there and they don’t want him there. No club has been near them for him at their £100+ million valuation.

They don’t have a fantastic negotiating position. Lukaku, Casadei on loan (no option to buy, other than first refusal) plus £35million.

Imagine Antonio not getting what he demands and De-Lorentis (spelling?) in a room having a frank discussion - Like to have that room bugged, to listen to how that plays out.

I think Kepa as well so Lukaku Kepa and Casedei on loan with no guaranteed purchase and £10m

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

So for a little fun I've taken 9 centrebacks from within the Premier League and used ChatGPT to create a basic analysis and comparison. Based on the results, who would be the four CB's you'd pick for us this season?

I'll reveal the names later.

Player (A)
Strengths:
- Positioning and Reading of the Game: Excellent at intercepting passes and making crucial tackles.
- Ball Playing Ability: Comfortable with the ball, initiating attacks from the back.
- Leadership: Shows leadership qualities despite his young age.
Weaknesses:
- Physicality: Can struggle against very physical forwards.
- Aerial Duels: Not the strongest in aerial battles.

Player (B)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in the air, effective during set-pieces.
- Defensive Solidity: Consistent and solid defensively.
- Versatility: Can play in a back three or four.
Weaknesses:
- Pace: Not the quickest defender.
- Distribution: Decent but not exceptional passing range.

Player (C)
Strengths:
- Potential: Shows significant potential and maturity.
- Versatility: Can play both as a centre-back and left-back.
- Aerial Presence: Strong in aerial duels.
Weaknesses:
- Experience: Relatively inexperienced at the top level.
- Consistency: Needs to develop more consistency.

Player (D)
Strengths:
- Passing Range: Excellent long-range passing ability.
- Physicality: Strong and imposing.
- Experience: Significant experience in top leagues and international football.
Weaknesses:
- Mobility: Can struggle against quick and agile forwards.
- Discipline: Occasionally prone to making rash challenges.

Player (V)
Strengths:
- Versatility: Can play in multiple defensive positions.
- Physicality: Strong in duels.
- Interceptions: Good at reading the game.
Weaknesses:
- Consistency: Has struggled with consistency.
- Injuries: Has had injury issues.

Player (W)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in the air.
- Physicality: Physically imposing and strong in duels.
- Interceptions: Good at reading the game and making interceptions.
Weaknesses:
- Pace: Not the fastest defender.
- Consistency: Needs to maintain consistency.

Player (X)
Strengths:
- Composure: Highly rated for his composure on the ball.
- Ball Playing Ability: Excellent at initiating attacks from the back.
- Versatility: Can play in multiple defensive roles.
Weaknesses:
- Experience: Still gaining experience at the top level.
- Physicality: Can improve in physical duels.

Player (Y)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Excellent in the air.
- Defensive Solidity: Strong defensively.
- Ball Playing Ability: Good with the ball at his feet.
Weaknesses:
- Injuries: Has had injury issues affecting availability.
- Pace: Not the quickest.

Player (Z)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in aerial duels.
- Passing Range: Good long-range passing.
- Physicality: Physically strong and imposing.
Weaknesses:
- Mobility: Can struggle against quick forwards.

- Experience: Player (D) and (W) bring more experience compared to younger options like (C) and (X).
- Aerial Ability: (B), (Y), and (Z) are particularly strong in the air.
- Versatility: (V) and (X), offer more versatility in defensive roles.
- Physicality: (D), (W), and (Z) are more physically imposing, while (A) and (C) rely more on positioning and intelligence.

If we have to go with 4 it would be B,X V &W  but I would look to upgrade to someone with pace

1 hour ago, east lower said:

If Osimhen doesn't want to be there and Lukaku doesn't want to be here, then surely the obvious solution is a direct swap. Lukaku is 6 years older, so we'll give them £5 million a year x 5 for that ((£5 million to us for the experience Lukaku has), OR Casadei, not both - if the argument is that Osimhen is younger then right back at 'em re Casadei. I'd rather we kept our youngsters or loaned them until we know how good they are. I certainly can't see how Osimhen is good enough to go anywhere near this backside-slapping offer (if genuine of course).

• Agree 1

More than anything we are in need of a  striker. That trumps everything for me. We also desperately need to get shot of Lukaku because sooner or later that chubby tubster will just explode and be worth nothing.  
Put that two things together and we need to make this happen. I know nothing about  Casadei . Maybe he’s one for the future , chances are he get a look in here, but we need to sort out our the issues that are in front of us right now. 10mill either side is irrelevant  with the kind of money we’ve pissed down the toilet. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I think Antonio’s wig would explode 💥🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

If Osimhen doesn't want to be there and Lukaku doesn't want to be here, then surely the obvious solution is a direct swap. Lukaku is 6 years older, so we'll give them £5 million a year x 5 for that ((£5 million to us for the experience Lukaku has), OR Casadei, not both - if the argument is that Osimhen is younger then right back at 'em re Casadei. I'd rather we kept our youngsters or loaned them until we know how good they are. I certainly can't see how Osimhen is good enough to go anywhere near this backside-slapping offer (if genuine of course).

I think we hold the advantageous position - slightly. It’s pretty clear that Napoli don’t have funds to buy Lukaku, as well as fund whatever his wages will end up being. So there’s a deal to be had. Get Casadei some football and if he plays for Conte, discipline and education. But don’t sell him. 

Wages of Osimhen will probably be an issue for us though, which is why I think there’s not much chance of a purchase.

I'm not Osimhens biggest fan but the rumored fee is around £38m plus Casadei who we paid £12m for and can't see how his value has changed much and Lukaku who I think we would do well to get £20m for so pretty reasonable I'd say.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue Kratos said:

Definitely no Fergie Fledgling but not the worst.

Might have Hall and Liveremento as the full backs.

It's not the worst, but I'd put my mortgage on our current team finishing comfortably above it if it was in the league.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, xceleryx said:

So for a little fun I've taken 9 centrebacks from within the Premier League and used ChatGPT to create a basic analysis and comparison. Based on the results, who would be the four CB's you'd pick for us this season?

I'll reveal the names later.

Player (A)
Strengths:
- Positioning and Reading of the Game: Excellent at intercepting passes and making crucial tackles.
- Ball Playing Ability: Comfortable with the ball, initiating attacks from the back.
- Leadership: Shows leadership qualities despite his young age.
Weaknesses:
- Physicality: Can struggle against very physical forwards.
- Aerial Duels: Not the strongest in aerial battles.

Player (B)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in the air, effective during set-pieces.
- Defensive Solidity: Consistent and solid defensively.
- Versatility: Can play in a back three or four.
Weaknesses:
- Pace: Not the quickest defender.
- Distribution: Decent but not exceptional passing range.

Player (C)
Strengths:
- Potential: Shows significant potential and maturity.
- Versatility: Can play both as a centre-back and left-back.
- Aerial Presence: Strong in aerial duels.
Weaknesses:
- Experience: Relatively inexperienced at the top level.
- Consistency: Needs to develop more consistency.

Player (D)
Strengths:
- Passing Range: Excellent long-range passing ability.
- Physicality: Strong and imposing.
- Experience: Significant experience in top leagues and international football.
Weaknesses:
- Mobility: Can struggle against quick and agile forwards.
- Discipline: Occasionally prone to making rash challenges.

Player (V)
Strengths:
- Versatility: Can play in multiple defensive positions.
- Physicality: Strong in duels.
- Interceptions: Good at reading the game.
Weaknesses:
- Consistency: Has struggled with consistency.
- Injuries: Has had injury issues.

Player (W)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in the air.
- Physicality: Physically imposing and strong in duels.
- Interceptions: Good at reading the game and making interceptions.
Weaknesses:
- Pace: Not the fastest defender.

Player (X)
Strengths:
- Composure: Highly rated for his composure on the ball.
- Ball Playing Ability: Excellent at initiating attacks from the back.
- Versatility: Can play in multiple defensive roles.
Weaknesses:
- Experience: Still gaining experience at the top level.
- Physicality: Can improve in physical duels.

Player (Y)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Excellent in the air.
- Defensive Solidity: Strong defensively.
- Ball Playing Ability: Good with the ball at his feet.
Weaknesses:
- Injuries: Has had injury issues affecting availability.
- Pace: Not the quickest.

Player (Z)
Strengths:
- Aerial Ability: Strong in aerial duels.
- Passing Range: Good long-range passing.
- Physicality: Physically strong and imposing.
Weaknesses:
- Mobility: Can struggle against quick forwards.

- Experience: Player (D) and (W) bring more experience compared to younger options like (C) and (X).
- Aerial Ability: (B), (Y), and (Z) are particularly strong in the air.
- Versatility: (V) and (X), offer more versatility in defensive roles.
- Physicality: (D), (W), and (Z) are more physically imposing, while (A) and (C) rely more on positioning and intelligence.

So for those that played a long with this above, or for those just curious and or too scared to be caught lacking, these are the players above.

Player A = Guehi
Player B = Kilman
Player C = Branthwaite
Player D = Joachim Andersen

Player V = Chalobah
Player W = Disasi
Player X = Colwill
Player Y = Badiashile
Player Z = Adarabioyo

@Mark Kelly - You've gone with Disasi (W), Kilman (B), Colwill (X) and Badiashile (Y) as your four CB options.

@Lump Of Celery - You've selected three of Branthwaite (C), Colwill (X) and Badiashile (Y)

@Box of Tricks - You have taken Kilman (B), Disasi (W), Colwill (X) and Branthwaite (C)

@Thiago97 - Your two choice were Kilman (B) and Andersen (D)

@hallgalley - You have chosen Kilman (B), Colwill (X), Chalobah (V) and Disasi (W)

While @east lower, maybe I was being a little sneaky and trying to catch a few people out. 😅

Edited by xceleryx
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

This is the problem with this nonsense strategy. Casadei has not proved he is good enough, but more importantly he has not proved that he isn’t good enough. 
I got no problem with flipping players for profit, but at least let’s give them a chance to develop. The club clearly identified Casadei and Chuk as two examples of players that fit within the criteria for player recruitment. Yet neither of them have been given the opportunity to show their true value. Yet the vibes are that both are available , if a club shows enough interest.

The owners and model irritates me so much, I really hope that they let a player go , and that player goes on to be elite. That’s the only way they will learn from this complete bullsh*t .

Casadei is a bit more of a project just because he's already 21 (22 in January) and only has 30 odd meaningful senior appearances under his belt at Championship level. This is in part somewhat of a byproduct of the fairly average youth setup in Italy, so he was behind the eight-ball from the start. 

By all accounts his time at Leicester was so-so, and wasn't helped virtually spending the second half of last season on the bench once he was recalled from loan.

While he is talented, I do think those talents would be better suited back in Serie A just because he's not really an athletic type of player. We also need to consider where he fits moving forward and right now it's unlikely he gets ahead of anyone we currently have for the midfield positions, so realistically when is an opportunity going to truly present itself? 

If his value can be utilised to secure a higher quality ready made player that ticks a serious need for us, then it feels like a bit of a no brainer.

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

So for those that played a long with this above, or for those just curious and or too scared to be caught lacking, these are the players above.

Player A = Guehi
Player B = Kilman
Player C = Branthwaite
Player D = Joachim Andersen

Player V = Chalobah
Player W = Disasi
Player X = Colwill
Player Y = Badiashile
Player Z = Adarabioyo

@Mark Kelly - You've gone with Disasi (W), Kilman (B), Colwill (X) and Badiashile (Y) as your four CB options.

@Lump Of Celery - You've selected three of Branthwaite (C), Colwill (X) and Badiashile (Y)

@Box of Tricks - You have taken Kilman (B), Disasi (W), Colwill (X) and Branthwaite (C)

@Thiago97 - Your two choice were Kilman (B) and Andersen (D)

@hallgalley - You have chosen Kilman (B), Colwill (X), Chalobah (V) and Disasi (W)

While @east lower, maybe I was being a little sneaky and trying to catch a few people out. 😅

Chelsea loyalist me.