Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yet another Champions League club reportedly interested in a player not deemed good enough for us. Funny how this keeps happening. 

Pulisic went to a CL club.........was it a mistake selling him?

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

Bridgey was good too, just blotted his copy book with the furore surrounding his then girlfriend. But that’s a whole story in itself. 

Joey Jones, Dougie Rougvie - We’ve also had some character play at left back too.

OK BEFORE I SNAP AND CRACK<<<<< EDDIE MAC,,,,,,,,,FGS,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bison said:

Casadei and Chukwuemeka were both signed before the sporting directors took over so they have no interest in either player's development and are happy to cut them loose. 

I thought everything was Boehly's fault?

5 hours ago, Morgs said:

All gone very quiet on Osimhen. 

Reminds me of that wonderfully wise old adage:

"When all is said and done, you can be sure only that there will be more said than done."

It was very quiet on Neto. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Compare that to Pedro Neto's injury record... 

His were impact injuries.  

2 hours ago, east lower said:

And………..who’s FGS? Is that one of those 3 letter acronyms you’ve been using recently 🤣😇

Got it - Fat Git Striker

For God’s sake … Frank Godfrey Sinclair!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Wasn’t he a right back, sort of centre-half?

To be frank (see what I did there!) he was all over the gaff, most of the time I don’t actually think he knew where he was supposed to be!

But, you had to love him. 

Even when he left and those own goals!!

Edited by east lower

18 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

For Goodness Sake,,,, @east lower;;we were talking about "worthy" LB's,,,not "He I Hope Is Gone Soon".or in my present artistic phase..."HIHIGS",

🤠🎨👨‍🎨

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ham said:

De-Laurentis is such a bellend. Wants everything for next to nothing but demands top dollar when selling anything. 

Typical Italian club. 

Isn't Neres a winger? No idea, going off third hand knowledge. Think this is just a spin on a few different rumours, because the one I saw was about Napoli spending the money they expect to receive for selling Osimhen on Neres. 

Reckon the club will happily play chicken with Napoli on this one. No logic, just a gut feeling that they'll not be happy being bested on Lukaku for a second summer in a row.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ham said:

De-Laurentis is such a bellend. Wants everything for next to nothing but demands top dollar when selling anything. 

Typical Italian club. 

The kind of owner fans love in some ways, maybe! 🤣💀🎯💥

Geezer on sky reckons Osimhen is on 200k per week after tax at Napoli ! He’s gonna be wanting a rise of some sort, so we are looking at a Raheem Sterling type contract to make this deal happen! That will be about 200k per week more than what the likes of Enzo, Caicedo and Palmer are earning, we have showed zero interest in paying this type of money on wages since Sterling and Koulibaly. I really struggle to see us doing this type deal, it just doesn’t add up with the strategy and last 18 months .

1 minute ago, Thiago97 said:

Geezer on sky reckons Osimhen is on 200k per week after tax at Napoli ! He’s gonna be wanting a rise of some sort, so we are looking at a Raheem Sterling type contract to make this deal happen! That will be about 200k per week more than what the likes of Enzo, Caicedo and Palmer are earning, we have showed zero interest in paying this type of money on wages since Sterling and Koulibaly. I really struggle to see us doing this type deal, it just doesn’t add up with the strategy and last 18 months .

Lukaku's and potentially Sterling's wages will be off the books so it's a possibility. 

Briefings from the club are that there is no wage cap at Chelsea and that they'd consider such wages for a player that takes us immediately to the next level. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Lukaku's and potentially Sterling's wages will be off the books so it's a possibility. 

Briefings from the club are that there is no wage cap at Chelsea and that they'd consider such wages for a player that takes us immediately to the next level. 

Not sure it stacks though. Just raises more questions than answers . Working on this briefing, does this mean they have not been able to identify that type of player in the last 4 windows ? Seems unlikely to me . 
Osimhen joins and does well after 18 months and wants a pay upgrade to match his worth in the market. So we then find ourselves needing to pay one player upwards of 350-400k per week, whilst the rest of the squad (bar historical Sterling / James deals) sit another 200-300k behind Osimhen……none of this stacks up. Palmer , Caicedo continue to produce great form alongside Osimhen, they will be wanting parity .

All three players doing well doesn’t necessarily translate to success for Chelsea either. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

His were impact injuries.  

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pedro-neto/verletzungen/spieler/487465

https://www.transfermarkt.com/carney-chukwuemeka/verletzungen/spieler/659459

I know which injury record I’d prefer. Not sure how you come to the conclusion one has impact injuries and the other injuries because he’s presumably too weak/made of glass etc. 

23 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pedro-neto/verletzungen/spieler/487465

https://www.transfermarkt.com/carney-chukwuemeka/verletzungen/spieler/659459

I know which injury record I’d prefer. Not sure how you come to the conclusion one has impact injuries and the other injuries because he’s presumably too weak/made of glass etc. 

I'd read that a couple of recent injuries were from challenges on him.  Maybe the ones from prior to 23/24.

11 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd read that a couple of recent injuries were from challenges on him.  Maybe the ones from prior to 23/24.

I’m sure some were impact injuries. But there’s been some hamstring and knee issues and that isn’t typical impact injuries. 

Anyhow, Arsenal apparently didn’t proceed with their interest due to his injury record. I have a feeling this will either prove to be a master stroke or a disaster. He definitely has the potential to be a real player for us. But it worries me there’s talk of selling Madueke. Another “gamble” who after having some playing time really kicked on last season. It would be madness to sell him now… 

But we are well-stacked at AM. Personally I’d go all out trying to sell Sterling. This seems enough to me - Palmer, Nkunku, Madueke, Neto, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka. Fairly versatile as well. 

RW: Palmer, Neto, Madueke

CAM: Nkunku, Palmer, Chukwuemeka, Mudryk

LW: Neto, Mudryk, Nkunku

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m sure some were impact injuries. But there’s been some hamstring and knee issues and that isn’t typical impact injuries. 

Anyhow, Arsenal apparently didn’t proceed with their interest due to his injury record. I have a feeling this will either prove to be a master stroke or a disaster. He definitely has the potential to be a real player for us. But it worries me there’s talk of selling Madueke. Another “gamble” who after having some playing time really kicked on last season. It would be madness to sell him now… 

But we are well-stacked at AM. Personally I’d go all out trying to sell Sterling. This seems enough to me - Palmer, Nkunku, Madueke, Neto, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka. Fairly versatile as well. 

RW: Palmer, Neto, Madueke

CAM: Nkunku, Palmer, Chukwuemeka, Mudryk

LW: Neto, Mudryk, Nkunku

Genuinely curious, what is it about Mudryk that makes you want to keep him over Sterling?  

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Genuinely curious, what is it about Mudryk that makes you want to keep him over Sterling?  

Mudryk has potential and isn’t the finished article. Sterling is finished developing and arguably haven’t had a good season since 2020/21. He certainly hasn’t performed as the star the club thought they were buying. 

For us I think Sterling has been average. Some games where he has showed us glimpses of the old Raheem, but often I’m left wondering what on earth he is doing. He also doesn’t strike me as someone who’s exceptional at anything. Plus his salary is completely bonkers compared to the rest of the squad. 

If we are to play a free-flowing attacking football where the wingers are supposed to stay high and wide I think Neto, Madueke and Mudryk all have more to their game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Romano has been saying for a while that Osimhen is on €200k a week net and will not take any sort of wage cut.

We've shown with Sterling, Kouilibaly and probably Aubameyang too that we are prepared to pay big wages, to big players. Just because we haven't since means nothing, we haven't signed that calibre of player so no one knows.

Literally every single club pays their star players top money and if someone comes in on higher money of course others will want similar when they come to renegotiate their contract. If they warrant it, they get it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Big Les to Southampton on loan.

…what…?😳💀💀💀

*Checks Google*

How ridiculous. Big Les deserves way better than to be shipped off. I think he and Caicedo would be a really good partnership. 😡

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 1