Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Madueke,,,, I have posted before that I am still not convinced that he is not a one trick pony,.

If it turns out that I am wrong I will be pleased for all involved but IF I am right best move him on asap for everyone's sake.

Of course not an easy decision to make but big bucks means making those tough calls.

If Conor and Trev can be so easily dismissed surely a decision rather than a Status Quo non decision should be on the cards?

New season new coach etc may be all he needs to prove me wrong.

I would like to hear any dissenting/agreeing views...no agenda ..lots of opinions with specific points about Mudryk but unless I have been missing posts generally just "inclusive" references as in including in squad/eleven layouts regarding Madueke,

18 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Romano has been saying for a while that Osimhen is on €200k a week net and will not take any sort of wage cut.

We've shown with Sterling, Kouilibaly and probably Aubameyang too that we are prepared to pay big wages, to big players. Just because we haven't since means nothing, we haven't signed that calibre of player so no one knows.

Literally every single club pays their star players top money and if someone comes in on higher money of course others will want similar when they come to renegotiate their contract. If they warrant it, they get it.

Osimhen is actually on £180,000 per week .

Journalists are lazy. 

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Big Les to Southampton on loan.

If that means Chuk potentially staying, I'm all for it. 

It's only a loan and specifically no sale at the end of it. Southampton is a great club to improve at. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Osimhen is actually on £180,000 per week .

Journalists are lazy. 

Got to be close to €200k then?

1 hour ago, Ham said:

If that means Chuk potentially staying, I'm all for it. 

Think he has the potential to be a very good player but needs minutes.....

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It's only a loan and specifically no sale at the end of it. Southampton is a great club to improve at. 

..... as does big Les, who's another that could because somethings but has to play this coming season.

Good move for all involved,  if true.

4 hours ago, east lower said:

Wasn’t he a right back, sort of centre-half?

To be frank (see what I did there!) he was all over the gaff, most of the time I don’t actually think he knew where he was supposed to be!

But, you had to love him. 

Even when he left and those own goals!!

He was a lovable oaf was old Frank, but with distribution accuracy of a Hermes parcel with no address on it. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

IMO this is a really good move. 

He'll likely walk into their starting eleven and should be a pretty regular figure if form and performances permit. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

IMO this is a really good move. 

He'll likely walk into their starting eleven and should be a pretty regular figure if form and performances permit. 

I don’t, when considering who’s probably going to start in our midfield.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I’m sure some were impact injuries. But there’s been some hamstring and knee issues and that isn’t typical impact injuries. 

Anyhow, Arsenal apparently didn’t proceed with their interest due to his injury record. I have a feeling this will either prove to be a master stroke or a disaster. He definitely has the potential to be a real player for us. But it worries me there’s talk of selling Madueke. Another “gamble” who after having some playing time really kicked on last season. It would be madness to sell him now… 

But we are well-stacked at AM. Personally I’d go all out trying to sell Sterling. This seems enough to me - Palmer, Nkunku, Madueke, Neto, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka. Fairly versatile as well. 

RW: Palmer, Neto, Madueke

CAM: Nkunku, Palmer, Chukwuemeka, Mudryk

LW: Neto, Mudryk, Nkunku

Normally I'd agree but Madueke comes across as having an absolutely stinking attitude. Billy big baws despite having done nothing in the game. Neto, or no Neto, I'd be quite happy to see him on his bike.

Edited by ChelseaJambo

10 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Romano has been saying for a while that Osimhen is on €200k a week net and will not take any sort of wage cut.

We've shown with Sterling, Kouilibaly and probably Aubameyang too that we are prepared to pay big wages, to big players. Just because we haven't since means nothing, we haven't signed that calibre of player so no one knows.

Literally every single club pays their star players top money and if someone comes in on higher money of course others will want similar when they come to renegotiate their contract. If they warrant it, they get it.

Not every other club are handing out 7 year contracts with a clear reduced wage structure . It’s a pointless comparison.

You names three players on big money. Two of them were the first two signings this ownership made, the other a stop gap on a small length contract.

4 windows have passed since and they have chosen not to pay a player really top dollar level wages. That’s not cos they couldn’t , or because they couldn’t identify the right player. It’s purely down to their strategy. If they suddenly find top dollar for Osimhen ( I am not convinced they will) , it has strong potential to cause problems over the next 24 months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Mudryk has potential and isn’t the finished article. Sterling is finished developing and arguably haven’t had a good season since 2020/21. He certainly hasn’t performed as the star the club thought they were buying. 

For us I think Sterling has been average. Some games where he has showed us glimpses of the old Raheem, but often I’m left wondering what on earth he is doing. He also doesn’t strike me as someone who’s exceptional at anything. Plus his salary is completely bonkers compared to the rest of the squad. 

If we are to play a free-flowing attacking football where the wingers are supposed to stay high and wide I think Neto, Madueke and Mudryk all have more to their game. 

The money Raheem earns and how he has done for us overall are one thing  (and I wouldn’t necessarily argue those points) but I have to draw the line when you say Mudryk has more to his game.

Mudryk will be 24 in a matter of months, has been here two seasons now and other than the odd ‘moment’ has flattered to  deceive.  He is a liability in possession, has large periods of matches where he simply isn’t involved in the game, doesn’t particularly make us stronger defensively and doesn’t chip in with goals and assists (7 + 2 last season from 41 appearances).  

Sterling on the other hand got double the goals and assists (10 +8) in less games.  There is no doubt MM is talented and I think it might have been TVF who recently posted a suggestion that perhaps he just can’t do it in front of crowds consistently but gun to head I’m picking the guy with over 500 senior games and almost 300 goals and assists at the age of only 29.   Those stats are astounding. 

I get frustrated by him as much as the next fan, but I guarantee we get more points from a 38 game Sterling season than we do a Mudryk one. 

Edited by Rob B

44 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Normally I'd agree but Madueke comes across as having an absolutely stinking attitude. Billy big baws despite having done nothing in the game. Neto, or no Neto, I'd be quite happy to see him on his bike.

I just think he is very Gen Z. Full of his own confidence. In most walks of life, it’s highly irritating.

In elite sports like football , boxing , tennis etc. it’s probably more a good thing than bad.

I actually quite like his self belief and confidence, even if it don’t match his ability right now. 

17 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Not every other club are handing out 7 year contracts with a clear reduced wage structure . It’s a pointless comparison.

You names three players on big money. Two of them were the first two signings this ownership made, the other a stop gap on a small length contract.

4 windows have passed since and they have chosen not to pay a player really top dollar level wages. That’s not cos they couldn’t , or because they couldn’t identify the right player. It’s purely down to their strategy. If they suddenly find top dollar for Osimhen ( I am not convinced they will) , it has strong potential to cause problems over the next 24 months.

Also, there are the new rules that limits a clubs' spend on transfers, wages and agents fees to a percentage of turnover/revenue.

Phased in this season at 80% and then in 2025/26 set at it's permanent level of 70%.

Don't think for one moment that Man City's court action against the PL is a tit-for-tat action based on the 115 case. They're fighting for the whole way they operate to fund themselves with these revised rules.

These new rules are why I think its always been a long-shot that Osimhen would end up here. £180k netto,  is about £300k before tax, NI. The club would have to shift Lukaku and a Chilwell/Stirling level earner to get near a breakeven position on wages.

Not withstanding the potential friction it might cause with some of the precious characters within the squad. Who, ought to be not so precious as they've won the sum total of FA at club level.

Edited by east lower

16 minutes ago, east lower said:

Also, there are the new rules that limits a clubs' spend on transfers, wages and agents fees to a percentage of turnover/revenue.

Phased in this season at 80% and then in 2025/26 set at it's permanent level of 70%.

Don't think for one moment that Man City's court action against the PL is a tit-for-tat action based on the 115 case. They're fighting for the whole way they operate to fund themselves with these revised rules.

These new rules are why I think its always been a long-shot that Osimhen would end up here. £180k netto,  is about £300k before tax, NI. The club would have to shift Lukaku and a Chilwell/Stirling level earner to get near a breakeven position on wages.

Not withstanding the potential friction it might cause with some of the precious characters within the squad. Who, ought to be not so precious as they've won the sum total of FA at club level.

Yep. It’s going to need something incredibly creative for them to find a way to make Osimhen deal work.

This is his one big career defining move. I can’t imagine he is not looking for a pay rise of some sort, so I would fully expect we would need to go above and beyond his current salary.

I hate to be so cynical, but I just can’t see how they can make this work. Despite me wanting him as a player, mainly cos it’s a position we need someone. I actually don’t really want this deal to happen, cos it really does provide lots of unanswered questions and risks for the future.

Surely they must see this potential problem that lay ahead, so it does make you wonder why are they pursuing it?  I can only see talks have broken down, then some briefing about Osimhen’s people wanting ridiculous terms being the outcome here. 

9 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yep. It’s going to need something incredibly creative for them to find a way to make Osimhen deal work.

This is his one big career defining move. I can’t imagine he is not looking for a pay rise of some sort, so I would fully expect we would need to go above and beyond his current salary.

I hate to be so cynical, but I just can’t see how they can make this work. Despite me wanting him as a player, mainly cos it’s a position we need someone. I actually don’t really want this deal to happen, cos it really does provide lots of unanswered questions and risks for the future.

Surely they must see this potential problem that lay ahead, so it does make you wonder why are they pursuing it?  I can only see talks have broken down, then some briefing about Osimhen’s people wanting ridiculous terms being the outcome here. 

The basic maths are easy enough, but the actuality of getting those players out will be the issue. 

Rather than just be decent human beings, the D'sOF, and they must be being backed by the owner's - seem to want to operate by means of 'death by a thousand cuts' to get players to leave. 

Having watched that sort of thing happen in businesses I've been around, it can work if said employee finds themselves an equal or better opportunity elsewhere.  If they don't and dig their heels in, it's a problem in a number of different ways. 

The other problem is that the number of clubs willing and able to pay £250k a week salaries is ever diminishing. And so, you can end up with big earner you need to move on but can't. 

But, this is an issue the current owners have played their part in - Sterling, the top earner at the club is one of their acquisitions. 

Chilwell is already going through the 'process' of the management trying to force him out. James will possibly be the next they target as a sale, in my opinion and next season. 

26 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I heard it’s all off but that report doesn’t seem to be getting much traction. 

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If true, good move. We have too many CMs in the squad as it is. 

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Agreed. If this goes through it’ll be the best loan deal we will make all summer. 

59 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The money Raheem earns and how he has done for us overall are one thing  (and I wouldn’t necessarily argue those points) but I have to draw the line when you say Mudryk has more to his game.

Mudryk will be 24 in a matter of months, has been here two seasons now and other than the odd ‘moment’ has flattered to  deceive.  He is a liability in possession, has large periods of matches where he simply isn’t involved in the game, doesn’t particularly make us stronger defensively and doesn’t chip in with goals and assists (7 + 2 last season from 41 appearances).  

Sterling on the other hand got double the goals and assists (10 +8) in less games.  There is no doubt MM is talented and I think it might have been TVF who recently posted a suggestion that perhaps he just can’t do it in front of crowds consistently but gun to head I’m picking the guy with over 500 senior games and almost 300 goals and assists at the age of only 29.   Those stats are astounding. 

I get frustrated by him as much as the next fan, but I guarantee we get more points from a 38 game Sterling season than we do a Mudryk one. 

Opinions are like assholes 😉 I disagree, I don’t have much love for Raheem. Even looking past the fact that he runs like a girl I just don’t think he’s as good as his stats tells us. He scored a lot of goals at City mainly because it was at City. There’s a reason Pep was happy to let him go. 

Put Sterling at a midtable club today and he’ll be distinctively ordinary. For that money, with no further upside, it’s a no-brained for me. 

4 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Lots of rumours suggesting we're in for Jason Sancho this morning, of all people. That HAS to be nonsense surely.

He was being lined up by PSG just a few days ago. 

Can't see why we'd be chasing him now, granted I think he should've joined us from Dortmund originally. Man Utd were always the wrong fit.

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

He was being lined up by PSG just a few days ago. 

Can't see why we'd be chasing him now, granted I think he should've joined us from Dortmund originally. Man Utd were always the wrong fit.

He'd have been a terrible fit here.  And still would be - we shouldn't be going anywhere near him in my opinion. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Bert19 said:

He'd have been a terrible fit here.  And still would be - we shouldn't be going anywhere near him in my opinion. 

More so now, yes. At the time he'd have likely slotted in much better with how we were playing under Tuchel. 

Either way, he's on like £350k per week and that alone is enough to make this whole thing a non-starter unless there's a serious wage reduction of like 200-250k. 

On 14/08/2024 at 16:47, Thiago97 said:

This is the problem with this nonsense strategy. Casadei has not proved he is good enough, but more importantly he has not proved that he isn’t good enough. 
I got no problem with flipping players for profit, but at least let’s give them a chance to develop. The club clearly identified Casadei and Chuk as two examples of players that fit within the criteria for player recruitment. Yet neither of them have been given the opportunity to show their true value. Yet the vibes are that both are available , if a club shows enough interest.

The owners and model irritates me so much, I really hope that they let a player go , and that player goes on to be elite. That’s the only way they will learn from this complete bullsh*t .

I'm sure we can all point to examples of letting players go who turn out to be elite.