Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Bet he’s excited about that. 

Hull and Sunderland. The 2 worst places I have visited in the UK. Possibly anywhere.

Middlesboro is also supposed to be depressing. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Hull and Sunderland. The 2 worst places I have visited in the UK. Possibly anywhere.

I take a couple of Prozac every time I pass near Middlesbrough just as a safety precaution. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You're going to be so disappointed if we do well. 

Not really, I'd be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath. 

Do you think that midfield 4 is strong enough to compete in the most physically challenging league in the world; up against players bigger, stronger and quicker than them every other week?

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

Do you think that midfield 4 is strong enough to compete in the most physically challenging league in the world; up against players bigger, stronger and quicker than them every other week?

I intend to be patient and let coach and team find their feet. We are not going to be bullying teams physically but maybe we have a few tricks up our sleeve. I’m looking forward to the season actually! 

47 minutes ago, Bison said:

I mean..........there's also football skill at play here

I wouldn't say the clubs we're competing with are particularly more physical in midfield either. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

how does that argument not apply to Les, though?

Both KdH and Lavia have more PL appearances under their belt

edit - Les played about 290 minutes of PL football last season. I am not sure where this blind faith has come from

…because imo he’s a good player? And more effective than that wasteman Fernandez? Again, IN MY OPINION? 👀💀🫶🏻

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Loaned for 2.5m last season to Lyon, sold for another 2m now. 4.5m raised from a free transfer.

What's to complain about exactly? 

We had to pay him wages too you know. I don’t know man. I just don’t like this model. But that’s just me. 💀💀💀🎯

1 hour ago, Bison said:

…but be honest , your garst would be flabbered if we had a decent season. Do have any positives moving forward?

10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I am not exactly a Sterling fan, but I think people's biggest problem with his time here is that he is the highest earner, and hasn't delivered to that level, which is why I and most would be happy if he moved on. 

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

It's not unreasonable to expect your highest earners to be the highest performers. Since that first window, the base salaries have been a lot lower. There is also the potential to create disharmony if the highest earner is producing less than the some of the lower ones (think Jackson or Palmer last season)

I don't think anything is that simple. MM is 6 years his junior and has room to improve. RS isn't getting any better (that's not a criticism, just a fact of life). and their outputs were similar last season.

Essentially what I said. 

46 minutes ago, east lower said:

Ever been to Blackpool?

It’s worse.

Bolton is a place god forgot. One of the worst towns I've ever been to in any country. Horrible. Only thing going for it is the league we won there. Hull is a proper shithole as well, much like Blackpool. 

Other places I wouldn't be proud to call home is Swindon and Bradford. Quite liked Sunderland actually. I think all othe rplaces I mentioned above are far worse. 

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Ever been to Blackpool?

It’s worse.

Ever been to St Austel in the lovely county of Cornwall? Fec me , that was a bit of a shock when I stopped there for a break on way to St Ives. Thought I’d been transported by Time machine to Luton mid seventies.  What a shit hole. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

…because imo he’s a good player? And more effective than that wasteman Fernandez? Again, IN MY OPINION? 👀💀🫶🏻

Yes, but youre not making the transfer decisions.  If the club view Ugochukwu as 5th choice, it makes very logical sense to loan him out.

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, but youre not making the transfer decisions.  If the club view Ugochukwu as 5th choice, it makes very logical sense to loan him out.

Yes. I’m just saying I disagree, and expressing an opinion, you know, what with this being a forum? 👀🤪💀

49 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Ever been to St Austel in the lovely county of Cornwall? Fec me , that was a bit of a shock when I stopped there for a break on way to St Ives. Thought I’d been transported by Time machine to Luton mid seventies.  What a shit hole. 

Nope, in fact I have (much to my shame) never set foot in Cornwall. Keep saying I will, but just never do.

Isle of Wight is a bit of a time-machine, but in a quaint, nice way. And Mermaid Gin is a drink of the gods!!

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I can categorically confirm that Middlesboro is officially depressing. Ayresome Park (back in the day) was one of the worst away grounds I’ve ever had the misfortune to set foot in.