Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

32 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Appalling offer, if true. With so many players expected to leave and freeing up the wage bill, surely we can do better?

Clearly just a toe in the water.

Obviously our new contracts are highly incentivised and long and £2m per year is net of tax. 

I fully expect us to come much closer to the alleged PSG offer.  There aren't that many suitable and attainable alternatives. 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Clearly just a toe in the water.

Obviously our new contracts are highly incentivised and long and £2m per year is net of tax. 

I fully expect us to come much closer to the alleged PSG offer.  There aren't that many suitable and attainable alternatives. 

I don't believe a word of it, personally.

You don't get an ordinary PL player for £38k per week these days

L'Arse tried to wage cap and look where it got them. Even they are now succumbing to the supply and demand nature of PL footballers rates of remuneration.  Hopefully our owners are a little bit smarter than their fellow countryman Mr Kronke was then.

The flip side of the coin is not to have occasional players on £150k per week (RLC as an example), which they appear to be attempting to deal with.

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Kovacic to Man City! Good move for him I guess…

IMG_7186.jpeg

If this happens, it'll be fascinating to see how Pep uses him. I think he's a good player but just been asked to try and cover too many roles at once for us. That said, think it's good business to move him on as we clearly need a midfield rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Kovacic to Man City! Good move for him I guess…

IMG_7186.jpeg

He'd be great there beating the press and releasing proper attacking players. 

He's made for their midfield. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If this happens, it'll be fascinating to see how Pep uses him. I think he's a good player but just been asked to try and cover too many roles at once for us. That said, think it's good business to move him on as we clearly need a midfield rebuild.

You'd have thought he'd be having an operation considering the countless times he dialled it in last season we were told he was playing through injury. I'm very disappointed. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You'd have thought he'd be having an operation considering the countless times he dialled it in last season we were told he was playing through injury. I'm very disappointed. 

Kante too. Two seasons in a row we’ve not had a properly functioning midfield. 

• Agree 1

He escaped a lot of criticism this season whilst others got loads of stick.

Personally I was more disappointed in him than anyone else, no leadership skills, completely gave up, clearly didn't want to be here and was utter pony. 

Good riddance.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Personally I was more disappointed in him than anyone else, no leadership skills, completely gave up, clearly didn't want to be here and was utter pony. 

Good riddance.

Yes. Forget his technical skills, what did he actually DO?

17 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Good riddance.

Looking like he was maybe tapped up.  

Us at corners this season....

1 hour ago, Ham said:

He'd be great there beating the press and releasing proper attacking players. 

He's made for their midfield. 

If he ends up playing there, he’ll rip it up for them. He excels when the ball is moved quickly in one and two touch scenario’s.

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

Yeah this story is getting a lot of traction on Chelsea Twitter, and appears to have originated from  Record (Portugal)

Bit worrying if true,  given the reports of re-neging on Enzo and Mount offers / contracts.   Two sides to every story of course and will reserve judgement, but we won't do ourselves any favours  by conducting business in this way. 

As an aside, 2m Euro's feels awfully low for a player of his stature - £38k per week. 

Does anyone still want to claim that it doesn’t matter what we pay for players, that we as fans shouldn’t care as it’s not our money? 

If the above is true, there’s your answer. It seriously hampers us to get other deals over the line. Looking back at some of our business over the last twelve months makes me wanna cry. So much money wasted with so little output. We are in dire, dire need of a GK1, DM and S1. Those three position are absolutely necessary for us to be a serious challenger for top four next season. The main question now is, do we have the money to buy the required quality? Neither will come cheap… So we are looking at another £200m minimum. 

Edit: not directed to you by the way, just a general observation. 

Edited by Sleeping Dave
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Good riddance.

Kovacic escaping criticism despite being a pointless player never made much sense. Can't defend, can't attack. And his attitude this season has been disgraceful. Saved himself for the World Cup and clearly couldn't care less afterwards. 

Good riddance indeed.

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

Good riddance.

Great player. One of our very best. Big loss. Clearly hated the fact that Tuchel got sacked and didn’t want to stay any more. Fair enough tbh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Kovacic escaping criticism despite being a pointless player never made much sense. Can't defend, can't attack. And his attitude this season has been disgraceful. Saved himself for the World Cup and clearly couldn't care less afterwards. 

Good riddance indeed.

Sad to say I agree with this. I was so excited when we signed him but seen over his full time here I don’t think he ever got close to his potential. A middle third player but absolutely useless in either boxes. His production for a number 8 has been very modest and I have him down as one of the main reasons why our midfield has been so dysfunctional for so long. 

Not going to say good riddance. But not sad to see him leave. He’ll do well as a squad player at City. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Great player. One of our very best. Big loss. Clearly hated the fact that Tuchel got sacked and didn’t want to stay any more. Fair enough tbh.

Are we talking about the same player who was at one point in a real battle with Dross Barkley for the third midfield role?

9 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Sad to say I agree with this. I was so excited when we signed him but seen over his full time here I don’t think he ever got close to his potential. A middle third player but absolutely useless in either boxes. His production for a number 8 has been very modest and I have him down as one of the main reasons why our midfield has been so dysfunctional for so long. 

Not going to say good riddance. But not sad to see him leave. He’ll do well as a squad player at City. 

Losing a real player like Gundogan, someone who can play deep and join the attack (scoring and creating goals that win league titles) and replacing him with Kovacic is a monumental downgrade.

11 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Yeah well. Looks like Mount is gone…

Didn’t take long to agree “personal terms” by the look of it.

IMG_7188.jpeg

Good riddance. Fakebook social media brat. He'll be kissing the United badge within a week. 

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

Ok, but if it’s about image rights it might not neceserally be about money!

Hard to see it being about anything else. Mount's face gets used in a lot of promo material across various social media and advertisement, he has been the current "face of Chelsea" if you will. I can't see it being about more/less exposure, so it kinda only leaves money being the motivator here.

Money Mase will certainly take on new meaning if its shown financials were his underlying motive to move. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Mount offered £300,000/week according to some sources.

Would make him the 5th highest earner at Man Utd behind Varane (£340k) , Casemiro (£350k), Sancho (£350k) and De Gea's current deal (£375k). 

Would make him the 2nd highest earner at Liverpool behind only Salah (£350k). 

And our 2nd highest earner behind Sterling (£325k).

For context if anyone is interested. 

* Figures taken from Capology.

Edited by xceleryx
  • Like 1