Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

23 minutes ago, east lower said:

The Villa transactions were quite clearly a case of ‘you scratch my back, etc’. 

The powers that be appear to be having to sell him for one of, or a combination of the below:

1. Completely desperate to realise the transfer fee for Conor Gallagher to balance their own massive balls-ups

or

2. Something he’s done has got their panties in such a twist, that he’s got to be sold and they’ve lost objectivity 

And Kellyman will probably not see a first team game this season or many next, Felix is a deal to get Gallagher gone abroad. Sad thing is they must really rate Gallagher as they’re doing all they can to not sell him to a PL rival.

Seems to be the case now, yet I think they would have sold him to a PL club at other points in the last 12 months.

Which again reflects poorly on them imo. They are so scared of the criticism they will get seeing Gallagher make a positive impact on a PL team week in week out, they want him out of sight out of mind, based purely off the back of Gallagher being a positive affect on Chelsea last season.

Just own the decision they have made, rather than treat one of our own with utter disrespect to cover your own arse! The fact we are even trying to sign a talented player with no obvious space in the team, in order to get Gallagher out the PL is just beyond comprehension.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I'll have a little bet that Chilwell outlasts Maresca at the club. Both be gone by end of Jan. 

I'd make that bet too as well to be honest. If any play currently out of favour wants to stay all they have to do is sit tight for the next 5 months. I have the sporting directors being sacked mid season too. 

18 minutes ago, east lower said:

I certainly wouldn't  bet against it.

I'd add that, that's not as a reflection on the coach - as I've not seen anywhere near enough to judge. It's just the s**t-show he has to deal with. 

It's like Potter all over again, too many players, hamstrung by owners buys, that 'have' to play.

Plus, the other two trying to cover their tails.

Edited by east lower

21 minutes ago, east lower said:

I'd add that, that's not as a reflection on the coach - as I've not seen anywhere near enough to judge. It's just the s**t-show he has to deal with. 

It's like Potter all over again, too many players, hamstrung by owners buys, that 'have' to play.

Plus, the other two trying to cover their tails.

It's also about the manager. Nothing against him personally, but he's completely unqualified to get the job. Of course there's a small (10%?) chance that he turns out to be the real deal, but the owners have once again rolled the dice with someone completely unproven at this level.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Of course no one's going to ban you Matt but your overuse of emojis can get rather irritating and doesn't add anything to what you're saying.

Frankly I think we all need to 'lighten up' on here at times and remember we're all on the same side and that this should be a place of enjoyment 🙏  

Then tell that to Mr Tucker as it applies to him too. How can a few emojis be annoying? 🙃 👀💯

@Morgs and @east lower - two of my absolute faves here. I have a question for you both.

I was surprised that you both think Maresca may be gone in Jan. I know you alude to the clown show upstairs but shouldn’t he be judged on his coaching? We haven’t kicked a ball yet. 

I’m asking because I’m genuinely curious to hear the views of two of the best posters here (imo). 👀🙌🏻💯

6 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

@Morgs and @east lower - two of my absolute faves here. I have a question for you both.

I was surprised that you both think Maresca may be gone in Jan. I know you alude to the clown show upstairs but shouldn’t he be judged on his coaching? We haven’t kicked a ball yet. 

I’m asking because I’m genuinely curious to hear the views of two of the best posters here (imo). 👀🙌🏻💯

Never underestimate the deviousness and double-dealing nature of those two D'sOF.

If they think that they could save their own jobs by sacrifice of another, they'd to so without hesitation - in my view. Given that they've been given plenty of scope to improve the footballing side of the club and if they are seen to directly fail, they'd struggle for years to get another job as well paid as the ones they have now.

That's my primary thought and as I've said in another post this morning, Maresca has  Potteresque type issues going on at the club, added to by his relative inexperience as a head-coach in the PL.

If he can succeed under those conditions,  then he may prove to be a really special coach 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

So expanding on something we previously did, got it. 

lol, you can't expand on something that ... isn't being done. The owners have revived something we stopped doing, it really is as simple as that. It is bizarre you can't bring yourself to not defend them.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

Never underestimate the deviousness and double-dealing nature of those two D'sOF.

If they think that they could save their own jobs by sacrifice of another, they'd to so without hesitation - in my view. Given that they've been given plenty of scope to improve the footballing side of the club and if they are seen to directly fail, they'd struggle for years to get another job as well paid as the ones they have now.

That's my primary thought and as I've said in another post this morning, Maresca has  Potteresque type issues going on at the club, added to by his relative inexperience as a head-coach in the PL.

If he can succeed under those conditions,  then he may prove to be a really special coach 

What do you think of the squad?

Where does it rank in the PL?

Good points. 
I really hope he can succeed, but i have zero confidence in that happening at the moment

• Agree 1

Unbalanced, especially at the back and the keeper. Not enough miles in midfield or strength, perhaps ok going forward.

Nice footballers, not enough men and lacking leadership/leaders.

Think whoever is putting the squad together has done a pretty poor job.

No doubt we could do with a bit more leadership but I don't think the age is a problem.

Sterling 29

Chilwell 27

Tosin, Cucurella, Nkunku, Diasi, Sanchez 26

KDH 25

Reece turns 25 this year

Neto 24

Fofana, Mydryk, Enzo, Jackson, Badiashille 23,

Caicedo, Palmer, Jorgensen and Madueke 22.

Colwill, Gusto, Veiga 21.

Lavia and Chukwuemeka 20.

Lots of players in their prime or shortly coming into it but when you look at the players 24 and under the potential is frightening. So much room to grow and improve. So much room to evolve as a team. I don't think anyone expects us to challenge for the league in the next year or two  but this team has been built with the potential to do that in future. Should be exciting times for everyone, watching this team grow and develop together, getting better and better over the next few seasons. 

Just how good will Neto, Caicedo, Fofana, Colwill, Enzo, Gusto, Lavia, Palmer and Jackson be in two or three years time? Then there is Willian and Paez to come in. I cant recall sucah a talented group of 21-24 years olds ever being assembled, anywhere.

For the first time,  in a very long time we  have a plan and are building something,  something very exciting from top to bottom and I really hope we start well and people get on board. The negativity is becoming toxic and it's a real shame. There's a lot of positivity and a lot to look forward to but no matter what we do its being spun into a negative.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

No doubt we could do with a bit more leadership but I don't think the age is a problem.

Sterling 29

Chilwell 27

Tosin, Cucurella, Nkunku, Diasi, Sanchez 26

KDH 25

Reece turns 25 this year

Neto 24

Fofana, Mydryk, Enzo, Jackson, Badiashille 23,

Caicedo, Palmer, Jorgensen and Madueke 22.

Colwill, Gusto, Veiga 21.

Lavia and Chukwuemeka 20.

Lots of players in their prime or shortly coming into it but when you look at the players 24 and under the potential is frightening. So much room to grow and improve. So much room to evolve as a team. I don't think anyone expects us to challenge for the league in the next year or two  but this team has been built with the potential to do that in future. Should be exciting times for everyone, watching this team grow and develop together, getting better and better over the next few seasons. 

Just how good will Neto, Caicedo, Fofana, Colwill, Enzo, Gusto, Lavia, Palmer and Jackson be in two or three years time? Then there is Willian and Paez to come in. I cant recall sucah a talented group of 21-24 years olds ever being assembled, anywhere.

For the first time,  in a very long time we  have a plan and are building something,  something very exciting from top to bottom and I really hope we start well and people get on board. The negativity is becoming toxic and it's a real shame. There's a lot of positivity and a lot to look forward to but no matter what we do its being spun into a negative.

I’m pleased you’re pleased, I just hope we’re all not disappointed!!

Age isn’t necessarily the issue, it’s about being a leader, being strong, being a man and a leader of men, and if you can identify just one of those in this squad that’s 50% of a John Terry I’d be surprised.

The owners and the management team have so much wrong with them, it’s difficult where to begin a breakdown of how they can fix things.

I can’t criticise the volume of the spending but I will and rightly so, criticise how they’ve spent it. The latter is pretty shameful actually and on a human level, they are lamentable.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1