Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I read that as “we forced Gallagher to leave partly in order to sign Felix”

Is that not what you meant?

Well yes, that's where we've ended up. It may not have been the original intention but that's where we are at today - we are forcing Gallagher to move to to Atletico partly because they are the only obvious club interested and partly because we can get Felix in return.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Well yes, that's where we've ended up. It may not have been the original intention but that's where we are at today - we are forcing Gallagher to move to to Atletico partly because they are the only obvious club interested and partly because we can get Felix in return.

And partly because we don't want him to go for free. It's a business. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And partly because we don't want him to go for free. It's a business. 

That part could have been solved by us offering him a long contract like everyone else. It may be a business, but it's not one that's thriving.

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

Every cloud!! Im not even sure how he manages to tie his boot laces these days. 

Sketchers slip-ins mate, no need for boots!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

51 million pounds total for Felix... 

It's a business @Mark Kelly   🫠 

It's a business, one where we didn't let an asset go for no millions of pounds and found a way of selling him for 35 million pounds thus getting Felix for 35 million less. 

I’m just stunned. Even by our standard of clown shoes shitshow lunacy this is madness. I hope we get a transfer ban for as long as these utter wankers are here. They’ve destroyed our wonderful club and deserve NO forgiveness. I’m pretty much done at this point. 45 years of following Chelsea and this is where we are. 🙃😔🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a business, one where we didn't let an asset go for no millions of pounds and found a way of selling him for 35 million pounds thus getting Felix for 35 million less. 

"Found a way of selling him"... certainly a unique take on the Gallagher situation, my friend!

38 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

51 million pounds total for Felix... 

It's a business @Mark Kelly   🫠 

That's 50 million euros, which I think is about 42/43 million pounds. Still too much though.

I hope the clauses which activate addons are insanely difficult to achieve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

That's 50 million euros, which I think is about 42/43 million pounds. Still too much though.

I hope the clauses which activate addons are insanely difficult to achieve.

If first time round is anything to go by then I think we'll be fine on that front.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

"Found a way of selling him"... certainly a unique take on the Gallagher situation, my friend!

Don't hate the player , hate the game .

This wanky accounting is the brainchild of those bereft of braincells at the Premier League. All we're  trying to do is stay on the right side of it and trying to make it work for the long term aims of the club.

I don't like it any more than anyone else but it is what it is. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't hate the player , hate the game .

This wanky accounting is the brainchild of those bereft of braincells at the Premier League. All we're  trying to do is stay on the right side of it and trying to make it work for the long term aims of the club.

I don't like it any more than anyone else but it is what it is. 

You do realise that we're only in this position because the club has spent over a billion on players in two years, right?

So we’re effectively funding the Gallagher move to Atletico by taking Felix off their hands. But we’re getting the full Gallagher profit on our year on year accounts but the Felix fee is amortised over several years? Very smart. 

If there was a competition for football accounting we’d be the Champions of Europe.