Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

32 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

You do realise we lose a book profit on those players each year too. So this year's "profit" is just covering the new years recruits book losses. This strategy works for like 2 years before it comes back to bite you in the ass. This isn't some grand master plan, it's maths for 4 year olds

Yeah, cause those multi-billionaires don’t understand money or bother with accountants right?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Someone once said - football is one of the best ways to make a small fortune………………..out of a very large one!

Buyer beware.

Clearlake would be far from the first very rich person/set of people that have lost hundreds of millions playing in an arena they don’t understand. The chap at Everton (a multi-billionaire, with lots of very good accountants I’m sure) being just one example.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Yeah, cause those multi-billionaires don’t understand money or bother with accountants right?

Probably those accountants that told them we need to sell hotels, the training ground and the womens team to cover the amortisation costs they had racked up

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Probably those accountants that told them we need to sell hotels, the training ground and the womens team to cover the amortisation costs they had racked up

Or....... Selling the hotels and women's team allowed them to keep spending?

35 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Amazing isn't it, a private equity firm who manager over $70billion in assets are struggling with Football accounting because a few random people on a tiny little Internet forum don't like what they are doing.

I'm sure we were all told, constantly,  by literally everyone in the media we were going to breach PSR and would have to stop spending yet once again we've spent around £200m this summer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I’m not sure that people are grasping the fact that the owners firstly and fore mostly need to make a profit, a return on investment.

Fannying around ensuring PSR/FFP is a consequence of their mistakes thus far.

They are in year 3, they spoke about a 5 and 10 year/long-term plan. By jimminy, they’ve got to go some in years 4-10 to turn around the P&L losses and start satisfying the investors - or the investors might just say, get the **** out of Dodge, protect what’s left of our investment and sharpish like.

Yes. That was my thought about the vulture capitalists after our disastrous first year under these lunatics. 💀🙃🗑️

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Yes. That was my thought about the vulture capitalists after our disastrous first year under these lunatics. 💀🙃🗑️

If people chose to and went back to the speech made by Eghbali where he spoke about the club “not being particularly well run by the previous owner”. They’ll see their vision and idea's set out, how winning is a must. The irony of their performance since that speech/statement and the pre-requisites that they stated for success, shouldn’t be dulled with time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, east lower said:

Someone once said - football is one of the best ways to make a small fortune………………..out of a very large one!

Buyer beware.

Clearlake would be far from the first very rich person/set of people that have lost hundreds of millions playing in an arena they don’t understand. The chap at Everton (a multi-billionaire, with lots of very good accountants I’m sure) being just one example.

I disagree that they have lost money or are in trouble - actually they are turning us into a very profitable cash cow even if we are not particularly successful on the pitch. Value of PL clubs grows at a rate of 8-9% each year and they have slashed the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I disagree that they have lost money or are in trouble - actually they are turning us into a very profitable cash cow even if we are not particularly successful on the pitch. Value of PL clubs grows at a rate of 8-9% each year and they have slashed the wage bill.

Have a look at the published accounts for last accounting year, and that’s with all their ‘adjustments’.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02536231/filing-history

You’d think the fact that we both want each other’s strikers would make it easier to do a deal but it seems like we’re in some kind of stand off. Also, what exactly are Napoli’s plans if we sell Lukaku first to them and they are lumbered with Osimhen who clearly doesn’t want to be there? Can Napoli even afford Lukaku unless they get Osimhen off their books? 

IMG_9070.jpeg

• Like 1

Have seen Disasi's name pop up as a possible Guehi alternative for Newcastle if they're unable to get a deal done with Palace. Even though we've clearly got Chalobah up for sale, and likely cheaper, will be interesting to see if this grows further legs or not.

You'd have to think if we sold Disasi, and still wanted to shift Chalobah, we'd have to surely bring in another CB before the window closes? Would be a huge risk going in with a returning Fofana, Colwill, Badiashile and Tosin when they've all had injury concerns lately. 

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Have seen Disasi's name pop up as a possible Guehi alternative for Newcastle if they're unable to get a deal done with Palace. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a rumour initiated by Newcastle so that Palace sell Guehi

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

You’d think the fact that we both want each other’s strikers would make it easier to do a deal but it seems like we’re in some kind of stand off. Also, what exactly are Napoli’s plans if we sell Lukaku first to them and they are lumbered with Osimhen who clearly doesn’t want to be there? Can Napoli even afford Lukaku unless they get Osimhen off their books? 

IMG_9070.jpeg

Lukaku's agent must be just like him , unable to find a club anywhere who'd take the fat entitled man-baby

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lukaku's agent must be just like him , unable to find a club anywhere who'd take the fat entitled man-baby

Maybe he should change agent. I’ve heard the Haagen-Dazs agency are good, or maybe, I can’t remember their names but I know it’s Five Guys. Apparently also those two agents Ben & Jerry could be suitable for Rom. 👀🙃🙌🏻

• Haha 1

Well, Nkunku, Palmer and Jackson will need to perform at a high level to stop Felix from breaking in and honestly, as long as they do that then I don't care. If they have a drop in form we have Madueke, Neto, Chukwuemeka and Felix to come in and all will get games this season as we will likely end up playing more than 60 times. 

I don't see Osimhen reducing his salary demands nor us breaking the structure for him so I think it will drag on another week or so and then the club will walk away and I would assume go after Toney.  I'd be amazed if we didn't sign a striker before the end of the window, I just think it'll be someone really underwhelming. 

I also don't see us getting a new goalkeeper either as I think the club will want to see how Jorgensen does so we will have to sort that tangle in Jan I think. Sanchez is on borrowed time I think. Jorgensen only needs to be half decent to bench him I think. You watch, he'll play against Serviette and keep a clean sheet (hopefully) and go into contention to play against Wolves. Sanchez will get the nod, sh*t the bed again and Jorgensen will play vs Forest and that should be that. Hopefully. 

I can see us upgrading one of Disasi or Bads with someone like Guehi and I'd be all up for that.

11 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Fabrizio is “reporting” that Burnley have signed  Bashir Humphreys for £12m. I initially thought it was a loan with an obligation, but bloody hell, that’s some fleecing. FINALLY! 

He's a very good player. Sacrilege I know but I always thought he was a better player than young Gilchrist. 

• Agree 1

Imagine if we could send Disasi and 40m to Newcastle to get Isak done. Injury prone yes but a fantastic striker when fit. Would be a massive, massive upgrade for us. 

Then we go to Palace and replace Disasi with Guehi. 

You'd have to say that is some very positive business which I'm sure is exactly why we won't do it. Makes far too much sense. 

• Haha 1