Out

Maatsen £38m

Gallagher £35m

Hall £30

Broja £30m

Hutchinson £22m 

Humphreys £12m

Total £167m

Still a long way to go with Kepa, Lukaku,  Sterling, Chilwell, Petrovic,  Chalobah, Chukwuemeka, Casadei probably all seen as sellable.

I think the squad is pretty much there with the above ins and outs.

Any future departures will fund a new ST, most likely Osimhen. Quite of few of those I listed as possible outs are on big wages so should allow some wiggle room as a top quality ST is going to command a top salary and I'm sure they are aware of it.

No way are we buying another GK, we've already bought him.

CB's, most feel the need for a top quality one to be bought in. I don't, we've already done that and that player is Fofana, or at least is supposed to be but like everything concerning this squad time will tell.

10 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Imagine if we could send Disasi and 40m to Newcastle to get Isak done. Injury prone yes but a fantastic striker when fit. Would be a massive, massive upgrade for us. 

Then we go to Palace and replace Disasi with Guehi. 

You'd have to say that is some very positive business which I'm sure is exactly why we won't do it. Makes far too much sense. 

Reads better in theory once you consider Palace are trying to demand like £65m+ for Guehi at present. He's a reasonable enough player but he's not worth close to that sort of money, nor does he come close to fitting the sort of profile of CB we're in need of - he's more limited at ground level than Disasi and substantially weaker in the air. Two areas any future candidate has to be strong in, amongst having leadership abilities (the main upside to Guehi IMO). 

Looks as if Palace may be selling Jocim Andersen to Fulham for around £30m. We'd do better getting in on that deal than Guehi personally.

39 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Fabrizio is “reporting” that Burnley have signed  Bashir Humphreys for £12m. I initially thought it was a loan with an obligation, but bloody hell, that’s some fleecing. FINALLY! 

It *is* a loan

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 10-05-42 Facebook.png

41 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Fabrizio is “reporting” that Burnley have signed  Bashir Humphreys for £12m. I initially thought it was a loan with an obligation, but bloody hell, that’s some fleecing. FINALLY! 

Sounding like £12m fixed fee, £2.7m in add-on's and then an undisclosed  sell-on clause on top.

Not a bad deal at all, granted I did like the look of Humphreys last pre-season and thought he looked very promising. 

Edit: Looks like Fab's got it wrong, and it's just a loan. Wonder if its a loan to buy?

Edited by xceleryx

Not directly related to us (yet anyway) but Strasbourg have signed young CB Mamadou Sarr from Lyon for around €10m. Looks as if many Lyon fans are pissed, with several stating he's the best defensive academy product they've ever produced. 

Might be someone worth keeping any eye on for the future.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Not directly related to us (yet anyway) but Strasbourg have signed young CB Mamadou Sarr from Lyon for around €10m. Looks as if many Lyon fans are pissed, with several stating he's the best defensive academy product they've ever produced. 

Might be someone worth keeping any eye on for the future.

We'll take him on loan. 

42 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

IN

Neto £51m

Felix £42m

KDH £30m

Jorgensen £20m

Veiga £12m

Tosin £0

Total £152m

Out

Maatsen £38m

Gallagher £35m

Hall £30

Broja £30m

Hutchinson £22m 

Humphreys £12m

Total £167m

Still a long way to go with Kepa, Lukaku,  Sterling, Chilwell, Petrovic,  Chalobah, Chukwuemeka, Casadei probably all seen as sellable.

Neither Broja nor Humphreys will count until next summer. Both loans with an obligation. 

43 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

IN

Neto £51m

Felix £42m

KDH £30m

Jorgensen £20m

Veiga £12m

Tosin £0

Total £152m

Out

Maatsen £38m

Gallagher £35m

Hall £30

Broja £30m

Hutchinson £22m 

Humphreys £12m

Total £167m

Kepa we'll get 10m for, not more. Lukaku they'll have to pay for him but it'll be £35m on the deadline day. Sterling £20m tops, Chilwell another 10, Chalobah will be 30m+, Chuks at least 20m, Casadei another 8 or 9. 

All barring Chuks I think will leave this window. I think we'll also move Petrovic on for what we paid for him. 

Give or take a hundred and ten mil there. 

I’m still holding out judgement on this window until it’s complete. What I will say though, is I have been very surprised by the amount of incomings, I thought we’d have a quieter window with just a few key signings made, but I guess they still want to top up the pool of young talent as well.

I expect us to still sign 1 or 2 after Felix, with a striker being a priority… no idea who it could be though.

Plenty of outgoings still to be sorted if they’re to prevent us having a handful of unhappy campers knocking around Cobham.

9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m still holding out judgement on this window until it’s complete. What I will say though, is I have been very surprised by the amount of incomings, I thought we’d have a quieter window with just a few key signings made, but I guess they still want to top up the pool of young talent as well.

Me too - but I think it's largely because we're about to get a two season transfer ban.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Petrovic 

Disasi - Chalobah - Silva - Chillwell 

Hutchinson - Gallagher - Hall - Maatsen 

Broja - Sterling

It's not a bad side you know.  Would 100% beat us if we played them on Sunday. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Me too - but I think it's largely because we're about to get a two season transfer ban.

I'm rapidly getting to the point where I will be glad if we do. 

Not wanting to sound paranoid but...

IMAGINE if we get a two year transfer ban without having signed a proper striker or decent goalkeeper.... The horror. 

Edited by Morgs

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

IN

Neto £51m

Felix £42m

KDH £30m

Jorgensen £20m

Veiga £12m

Tosin £0

Total £152m

Out

Maatsen £38m

Gallagher £35m

Hall £30

Broja £30m

Hutchinson £22m 

Humphreys £12m

Total £167m

£152m spent and only one of those players (Neto) is a clear improvement on what we had in their respective position. Insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

£152m spent and only one of those players (Neto) is a clear improvement on what we had in their respective position. Insanity. 

Yeah, probably. But I’d also say…

KDH - understands and is well suited to the system the coach wants to play, so a decent player to have in the squad.

Tosin - Free transfer with PL experience, gives us a decent backup option.

Felix - Is an improvement on Mudryk, possibly an improvement on Madueke as well if he can find his form and mojo again. Experienced player added to the squad is also a bonus, probably the replacement for Sterling.

Veiga - Complete unknown, but a small fee so not too concerned. He could be another Gusto, or he may disappear after this season.

Jorgensen - Not the level of goalkeeper we all wanted and needed. This one I do find odd.

So whilst I agree, that on paper they don’t really improve what we have, I can see the reasons for most of the signings. They’ll actually be decent signings for the squad IF we strengthen in the key areas before the end of the window.

24 minutes ago, Bison said:

I think the idea is that we keep the wage bill low and reward players who perform like Palmer.

Honestly, I even have less of a problem with that than our absolute blind spot on mental / character / leadership attributes in the squad. Theoretically, we could get squad players who add the above to the side but none of the aforementioned do that.

We are losing Thiago and Gallagher, two of our only leaders from last season. Looks like we are also losing Chilwell and Sterling, who frankly have shown little leadership since Tuchel left (how ironic that Chilwell was then made vice-captain) but at least have been there and done it.

As much as quality, I think our biggest undoing this season is going to be leadership. If we go 1 goal down or go on a bad run of matches, who is supposed to pick us up and lead from the front? Enzo? Colwill? Palmer? Honestly, not a clue.

When the going gets tough - the likes of Joao Felix go missing, and we've already seen plenty of disciplinary problems coming from our other supposed young stars (Mudryk, Jackson, Madueke, Enzo, etc.)

Edited by Max Fowler

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Honestly, I even have less of a problem with that than our absolute blind spot on mental / character / leadership attributes in the squad. Theoretically, we could get squad players who add the above to the side but none of the aforementioned do that.

I agree. It might even help if they checked out their Football Manager stats 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, martin1905 said:

IN

Neto £51m

Felix £42m

KDH £30m

Jorgensen £20m

Veiga £12m

Tosin £0

Total £152m

Out

Maatsen £38m

Gallagher £35m

Hall £30

Broja £30m

Hutchinson £22m 

Humphreys £12m

Total £167m

In kellyman the guy from Brazil (William?) the Argentinian CB (Assensio?) and Paez nearly 100m there

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Reads better in theory once you consider Palace are trying to demand like £65m+ for Guehi at present. He's a reasonable enough player but he's not worth close to that sort of money, nor does he come close to fitting the sort of profile of CB we're in need of - he's more limited at ground level than Disasi and substantially weaker in the air. Two areas any future candidate has to be strong in, amongst having leadership abilities (the main upside to Guehi IMO). 

Looks as if Palace may be selling Jocim Andersen to Fulham for around £30m. We'd do better getting in on that deal than Guehi personally.

If the going rate for Fofana was €80m and Disasi at €45m, £65m for Guehi sounds like a bargain. 

But of course, it stings knowing that we owned him and never should have sold him in the first place.