Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Why do you have so much energy for Mudryk? It's unhealthy. 

Because he is unequivocally a massive failure and you're all pretending everything is fine and there's nothing to see here. If the likes of Gallagher, Chalobah, Sterling etc. aren't good enough for the new look Chelsea then what does that make Mudryk?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I think something some of us forget, is the reaction Maresca had in pre-season to one of our players getting hurt in a bad tackle and his incredulity that none of his teammates rushed to his defence. 

Maresca seems to have worked out that one of the reasons the team has no spine and no b**locks when we go behind etc is that there is very little in the way of team spirit and so moving out the underachieving big earners is one way of improving that. Drastically trimming the squad size is another and speaking defiantly, with conviction and being 100% crystal clear on what is going on and what we are all trying to do, is another one - he is showing leadership in the hope it inspires and gets the lads rallying all behind him.  All that is missing is a little bit of "them vs us" and I suspect we'll see that the first time we get a bad a VAR call or the media go over the top in their coverage of us. 

Viewed from this perspective, perhaps moving Sterling on (he is on massive wages and is underachieving, is blocking the pathway of one of the most liked members and biggest characters of the squad in Madueke) in such an abrupt and clinical way makes more sense, especially given the fallout from his press statement on Sunday. If you aren't contributing and fully on board with what we are doing, if your presence is creating issues and hurting the team dynamic, I'll give you spot to a youngster who is on board with what we are doing, sort of thing. That is the sort of thing that fosters team spirit and gels a group of young lads together. 

I said this myself. Maresca said so in an interview. So two years in and still zero team spirit, partly imo due to the chaotic transfer policy. You can see we’re a “sing when we’re winning” type of squad. 💀👀💯🫠

• Agree 1

One argument that @xceleryx and others sometimes proprogate (sorry for the call-out brother) is, broadly speaking, that "there are no better options available". Actually, I don't think the pool of elite players has diminished, but rather the game has changed to mean that certain types of players (big, strong CF, for example) are less common. Also, across the Premier League, teams are financially and analytically able to snap up talented players which has led to a massive diminishing of big clubs across the European leagues.

In any case, it's a poor excuse for how our squad has been built. We can't do better than Badiashille and Disasi? We shouldn't sign Guehi because of his ball-playing abilities - have you seen the Monaco boys on the ball?! I am no expert on who the best other options would be, perhaps the Sporting defender Ignacio, but there has to be better options than what we already have.

Okay, if you think we're okay in defence, then let's strengthen our CF position. Or is the argument that there is also no decent centre-forwards available? Goalkeepers? None of them either? Come on.

At some point you have to call a spade a spade and realise the fatal flaws in our squad building. Yes, we are very capable of scouting talented young players and have got many good ones across the line. But it's just plain obvious what we lack in key positions and with key characteristics and no amount of "there are no good players available" excuses will make up for that.

Frankly, I think the same people who would criticise the idea of going for Guehi or Osimhen would then defend the signings if we got them over the line - because we should of course support practically everything Clearlake does on transfers... 🫠

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

One argument that @xceleryx and others sometimes proprogate (sorry for the call-out brother) is, broadly speaking, that "there are no better options available". Actually, I don't think the pool of elite players has diminished, but rather the game has changed to mean that certain types of players (big, strong CF, for example) are less common. Also, across the Premier League, teams are financially and analytically able to snap up talented players which has led to a massive diminishing of big clubs across the European leagues.

In any case, it's a poor excuse for how our squad has been built. We can't do better than Badiashille and Disasi? We shouldn't sign Guehi because of his ball-playing abilities - have you seen the Monaco boys on the ball?! I am no expert on who the best other options would be, perhaps the Sporting defender Ignacio, but there has to be better options than what we already have.

Okay, if you think we're okay in defence, then let's strengthen our CF position. Or is the argument that there is also no decent centre-forwards available? Goalkeepers? None of them either? Come on.

At some point you have to call a spade a spade and realise the fatal flaws in our squad building. Yes, we are very capable of scouting talented young players and have got many good ones across the line. But it's just plain obvious what we lack in key positions and with key characteristics and no amount of "there are no good players available" excuses will make up for that.

Frankly, I think the same people who would criticise the idea of going for Guehi or Osimhen would then defend the signings if we got them over the line - because we should of course support practically everything Clearlake does on transfers... 🫠

The transfer window closes on the 30th . 

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

Who "all"?  I've already had a conversation with you about Mudryk; the consensus on here is that he has been generally crap so far and most of us would cut our losses and get rid of him. There is not a single poster on this forum who isn't concerned with some of the behaviours and processes happening at the club at the moment, but we have a choice about what to believe concerning each individual event. More importantly we have a choice about our interpretation and reaction. We can choose to believe every media numpty's loaded, negative interpretation and jump up and down like a hysterical child, or an outraged granny, Alternatively we can approach the situation in a rational way, acknowledging that many of the facts are hidden, that the media and football public at large is constantly spinning against us and is desperate for the interloping Yanks to fall on their arses and that actually the time to judge will be a third of the way through the season, when the squad, the form and the culture of the club is clearer. If we aren't performing and the toxicity surrounding the squad prevails then I and many others will join your ranks and start stamping our little feet and screaming.

“…or an outraged granny” 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, MickyDroy said:

No, that's fine and commonplace in football. But locking him out of Cobham and taking his shirtnumber away while he's still contracted to the club is. 

He wasn't locked out of the training ground. He asked not to join the bomb squad and was given permission to train at home and work on his next career move. 

• Like 1

Insane how far ahead we are on player sales. The media have their fingers in their ears on this. 

Our academy sales trump Arsenal's overall sales. 

20240822_140227.jpg

Edited by Ham
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

Insane how far ahead we are on player sales. The media have their fingers in their ears on this. 

20240822_140227.jpg

Does the Chelsea figure of £1.488bn  include the £479m academy sales? Presumably it does?

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

20240822_140227.jpg

I wonder how money we've wasted buying useless players instead of keeping the academy grads that were sold. Would bet it's more than €479m.

16 minutes ago, Bison said:

I wonder how money we've wasted buying useless players instead of keeping the academy grads that were sold. Would bet it's more than €479m.

🤣 I'm glad I don't have to fill up your glass !

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Does the Chelsea figure of £1.488bn  include the £479m academy sales? Presumably it does?

Yes it does.  Just an additional sub-section. 

54 minutes ago, Blue Kratos said:

My job already RD, Bison's a great tipper.

One other thing I like about @Bison - he is happy to take it as well as dish it out. Agree or disagree with him (I love Chilly, btw broski 🤪) imo he’s very fair-minded. 💯🙌🏻👀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

One other thing I like about @Bison - he is happy to take it as well as dish it out. Agree or disagree with him (I love Chilly, btw broski 🤪) imo he’s very fair-minded. 💯🙌🏻👀

Bison says what he says because like us all he loves that club despite the fact they make tougher and tougher every year to love.

I always appreciate all of your inputs on this site because it tells me that you guys are the true OG blues unlike the attention seeking content creators we have now these days.

And Bison, never change mate because I know your heart is blue and it always will be.

Edited by Blue Kratos
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is at least the third time in as many weeks the transfer thread has descended into a love in. Very strange times!

Maybe we're all exhausted from arguing. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

This is at least the third time in as many weeks the transfer thread has descended into a love in. Very strange times!

Give it a few hours fog.

We'll be ready to tear each other a new one in no time.

Edited by Blue Kratos
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

This has moved fast…

IMG_9082.jpeg

Twitter detectives think it signals a Jhon Duran swap. Villa are suddenly being linked with Omorodion too.

7 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I'll be honest: I have been exhausted from the transfer season for a couple of months now.

Same. I think the window needs to slam shut on the eve of the season.

• Agree 2