Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Anyone else think Mudryk is going to end up going on loan? 

From what I've seen of Kellyman he is a more useful squad player down the left than Mudryk is and so is Tyrique George.  At what point do the club cut their losses and recognise that we cannot give Misha the minutes he needs to become useful and so a loan to the Bundesliga is the best option for all concerned? 

Maresca basically said as much last night - 

"This is Misha, this is Mudryk, in terms of not only tonight, but in terms of since he joined the club. 

"He had some good moments and then some moments like - I don't know the English word," before gesturing the flipping of a coin. "You don't know if it's one thing or the other thing.

"This is Misha. If he can become more consistent, he can take one step forward."

"We are going to try and help him change,’ Maresca added

"He needs to try and understand that we are going to give him the ball in the last third. And when he's there [it's about] taking the right decision.

"For me, most of the mistakes from Misha is not about the quality or the technical mistake, it's about the choice. 

Sometimes he has to play and he tries to do something different and we lose the ball. 

"Sometimes he has to go one-v-one, it's about decision making. Hopefully we can help him and improve that."

18 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

^^As if the last few coaches haven't tried to work on his decision-making.

Well yes but the alternative is to try to sell him and at this point the loss we'd take on him would be so massive as to make it a non-starter financially. So a loan is pretty much the only way out of it. 

4 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Apparently Bournemouth want to take Kepa on loan. However our esteemed owners want Kepa to sign a contract extension on lower wages before they consider this. Make it make sense 🤦‍♂️

They want a fee for him, seems a logical move, and that’s from me - who generally thinks the owners and their underlings are a bunch of f**kwits. 

Extend his contract and get a fee, don’t extend and he goes for free. Now that someone appears interested, they might try and get a fee??

Just my thoughts, who knows though, cause generally they are f**kwits 😉

Edited by east lower
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morgs said:

Well yes but the alternative is to try to sell him and at this point the loss we'd take on him would be so massive as to make it a non-starter financially. So a loan is pretty much the only way out of it. 

A loan might well be the only way out but who in their right mind would take Mudryk on loan?

Imho he is one of those lost cause purchases.. little recoup sell on value, small chance of any progress at his age and a wage drain not worth the outlay. (Hmm rereading that could be Raheem less the negative sale price)

Yesterday he had one fantastic break down the left wing,,,totally out paced his marker,,got to the danger zone...all perfect football...then got "lost" with no idea what to do,,,result I think,,could be misremembering...a break away attack build up threatening our goal,

China egg syndrome ,,ain;t never going to hatch no matter how good it looks from some angles.

I think a loan for Mudryk is inevitable, next summer if not before, but that it isn't going to be a develop-and-come-back deal. It'll be a we've-no-hope-of-getting-a-fee-that-balances-the-books-but-need-shot deal. And there will be a series of then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think a loan for Mudryk is inevitable, next summer if not before, but that it isn't going to be a develop-and-come-back deal. It'll be a we've-no-hope-of-getting-a-fee-that-balances-the-books-but-need-shot deal. And there will be a series of then.

Perhaps. If we do, there’ll be lots of interesting parties in Germany. 

Mudryk reminds me a lot of Salah when he was here. 

5 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Perhaps. If we do, there’ll be lots of interesting parties in Germany. 

Mudryk reminds me a lot of Salah when he was here. 

I thought Salah was a lot less complicated than Mudryk...didn't get so turned around..(.a term used here for being out in the more remote areas and losing sense of where you are,)

Do see your connection though.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chara said:

I thought Salah was a lot less complicated than Mudryk...didn't get so turned around..(.a term used here for being out in the more remote areas and losing sense of where you are,)

Do see your connection though.

There’s a bit of ‘lost-soul’ about the pair of them - Mudryk now and Salah whilst with us way back.

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

We've waited so long for this moment. 

Happy Independence Day everyone!!!

So we have "Demba Ba Day" and now maybe "Lukaku Gone Day?",,,,any other suggestions ? (acceptable to Jane of course,,I know what you all are like!)

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

Farewell then, Romelu. I hear Naples has the best pizza in the world.  You should feel right at home. 

Also some of the most influential and unforgiving ultras in football. 

If he Lukakus around over there, he'll be assassinated and dumped in the bay. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

€30m + €15m we will never see unless it's contingent on him winning the world pie eating championship. To be fair I would have been prepared to pay that to Napoli to take him off our hands. What salary was he on at the end?

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Thankfully Omorodian has now been sold. Well, 50% of him has been sold to Porto. 

I just saw that. Apparently they can buy incrementally more of him in future years! No wonder we backed out…

IMG_9086.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not according to an American couple I was sat next to in a restaurant overlooking the Bay of Naples back in the mid 80s. Apparently Italians don't know how to make "proper" pizzas! 🙄 🙄 🙄

Reminds me of a story Mrs C tells,....with perfect Welsh accent... on a tour in China..at dinner .older couple of ladies sniffily ..."It's not like the Cantonese in Neath"