Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Omodogman has scored 9 goals in two La Liga seasons. Yes yes Drogba was dogshit until he was like 25 I hear you. But we've already bought two unproven strikers in Jackson and Guiu - Guiu who I like more but Jackson has decent qualities as well as being able to play on the left. Why another? Throw another 10m at it and get Watkins or Toney FFS

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Everybody sees the two idiots coming from a mile away and adds the idiot premium. 

Not that Atleti are worried, they got their money through Felix anyway. 

Looks like Porto have bought only 50% of his rights tbf.

1 hour ago, johnnybozo said:

But we've already bought two unproven strikers in Jackson and Guiu

Two!?!!!

Add Angelo, Fofana2, Washington and Kellyman. Six unproven strikers bought by Clearlake for a total of €108.5m with 18 Prem goals between them. 

Edited by bertles86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Seems like somebody at SB knows what they're doing.........

Took 2 and a bit years and sold him for what Napoli wanted to pay all along and to top it off on interest free credit.

But at least he’s gone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not according to an American couple I was sat next to in a restaurant overlooking the Bay of Naples back in the mid 80s. Apparently Italians don't know how to make "proper" pizzas! 🙄 🙄 🙄

Were they the same people who said they knew how to run English ‘soccer’ teams better than anyone else? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bison said:

Everybody sees the two idiots coming from a mile away and adds the idiot premium. 

Not that Atleti are worried, they got their money through Felix anyway. 

Except they didn’t pay it, I think after seeing the deal Porto have made, I can fully understand why we didn’t want to make the deal for him. That’s a good thing, surely?

The Omorodion deal is just bizarre. 

Comparisons between the two deal is not a stick to beat the club with. There’s enough strange deals to do that with as it is. 

But we would have bought 100% for €40m while Porto paid €15m for 50%. The fee is lower, as the financial upside for A Madrid is greater if he blows up and have a breakout season. 

Personally happy we stayed clear. The Jackson deal we did is way better for a way better player. Why pay more for an inferior talent? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Kratos said:

Farewell Pizza the Hut, You won't be missed.

You were the most overrated footballer of all time and you were your own biggest fan.

I pity those poor Napoli fans once Antonio walks away in a huff because his wig fell off again and you suddenly say I don't feel loved here and my team mates are not on my level because unlike me they can see their own toes.

Anyway Pillsbury Doughboy thank you for nothing and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

P.S might be safer to transport you to Italy on an aircraft carrier but because of the size of your ego and backside I fear it would sink faster than the titanic.

Well said.

Maybe they can offer a farewell-burger on the menu here? 🙂

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/concourse-refreshments

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

In more concerning news, looking like there's been a hold up with Broja to Ipswich. Let's all cross our fingers it goes through.

Looks like it's dead in the water. Rumours of an issue with the medical. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Looks like it's dead in the water. Rumours of an issue with the medical. 

Not for the first time, either. I recall at least one other instance when we all thought we'd got rid of him only for the medical to show up a problem and the deal to fall through.  I feel sorry for the lad, because no matter his ability (or lack of it) he does seem to try hard.

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo

1 hour ago, east lower said:

He'd be one of the few that could afford one, these days - They were super expensive last season (following a price rise). After another price rise this season they're extortionate.  

My sources tell me they plan to offer a "Lukakuer Burger" at SB as a lasting memory of the best customer they ever had.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chara said:

My sources tell me they plan to offer a "Lukakuer Burger" at SB as a lasting memory of the best customer they ever had.

In Norwegian, the burger-meat-providing-animal cow, is spelled ku. It explains a lot 😁😁😁

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

In Norwegian, the burger-meat-providing-animal cow, is spelled ku. It explains a lot 😁😁😁

I understand that a new hot air process is being tested for the bun baking and the actual burger will look thick and fatty but despite all the trimmings will only have meat around the edge having no substance  in the centre.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

Not for the first time, either. I recall at least one other instance when we all thought we'd got rid of him only for the medical to show up a problem and the deal to fall through.  I feel sorry for the lad, because no matter his ability (or lack of it) he does seem to try hard.

The latest is that he has an Achilles issue. 

48 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Sponsored by McDonald’s, Krispy Kreme, Hagen Dazs, KFC, Pizza Hut and Five Guys. 💀🤣👀

That's a hell of a first course.

• Haha 1