Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Osimhen to Al Ahli looking likely. 

All about the money for him.  Shame. 

Glad to have swerved another Lukaku to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, RDCW said:

I don't know if I'm missing something but why is there not a queue for Gyokeres?

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Osimhen to Al Ahli looking likely. 

All about the money for him.  Shame. 

This is his current salary:  Osimhen's current weekly salary €211,538 (£179,807) per week.

The Saudi news was a bid. Chelsea are currently in talks with Osimhen . Napoli are trying very hard for a bidding war 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RDCW said:

You really haven't watched  Osimhen.  I can tell you this if we sign him , we will be  competing for the title, he offers so much offensively and when it comes do defending set pieces he is one of the best in the world . We are horrible when defending set-pieces .  He scores and no  current player presses better than him  . This is one signing we must try to get done 

12 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Can’t believe we’re going to sell Carney. He’s hardly had a chance, but when I’ve seen him he looks really decent. But there we are.

Played the equivalent of 6 games worth of minutes for us or something since joining. 

Really puts into perspective just how little football he's also played, so I can understand why we'd be looking to move him on in some manner. Then you factor in where he plays and who's ahead of him, the opportunities are going to be slim unless there's injuries - and that requires him being fit to step in himself. 

Smart thing would be a buy-back if we're to sell, future sell on clause at a minimum. Hopefully it's a loan though for this season at least, then review next summer.

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We don’t need another AM/Winger, especially one that is worse than what we have.

I actually think Sancho would do better here than he has at United, which was always the wrong club and I said as much from the start. He shouldn't be a priority by any means, but if we were able to virtually swap him for Sterling I think it's a pretty solid deal overall. Even if he doesn't pan out, he'll be much easier to move later on and won't have a shortage of interest. 

Would need to take a massive wage cut however to fit in with what we're doing, with it very incentivised by performance. 

3 hours ago, Ham said:

I don't know if I'm missing something but why is there not a queue for Gyokeres?

He's been linked with AC Milan and Arsenal of late AFAIK. 

There's probably a degree of apprehension just because prior to last season at Sporting he'd been playing in the Championship. He's started this season strongly yet again, but I can see why his price tag likely puts suitors off a little. That's the market though I guess, striker prices inflate tenfold after a strong season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Really puts into perspective just how little football he's also played, so I can understand why we'd be looking to move him on in some manner.

Actually think it’s a shame to be selling him without giving him a chance, but he’ll get limited game time if he does stay. I think a loan move might be a good idea personally, see how he develops, just have this feeling he might end up being very good. 

45 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Actually think it’s a shame to be selling him without giving him a chance, but he’ll get limited game time if he does stay. I think a loan move might be a good idea personally, see how he develops, just have this feeling he might end up being very good. 

His biggest problem is fitness, but also the fact we're pretty well stocked with superior players in his position. He'd have likely played more had he been available.

I know some may think he can also play in midfield as part of the pivot, but personally I just don't see that being particularly functional beyond a stop gap emergency type of situation. He's far more suited to his natural attacking role higher up the pitch. 

A loan would be my preferred move for now, but I could also understand a sale if the right offer was to come along. He'll be 21 in October and is yet to play consistent senior football at any level, he'll be entering RLC territory soon if he's not mindful.

7 hours ago, Ham said:

4 years left on his contract, €100m release clause, and multiple interviews with the player saying he's happy. So would take a fair bit of work to get him.

5 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

You really haven't watched  Osimhen.  I can tell you this if we sign him , we will be  competing for the title, he offers so much offensively and when it comes do defending set pieces he is one of the best in the world . We are horrible when defending set-pieces .  He scores and no  current player presses better than him  . This is one signing we must try to get done 

He's a quality player, no doubt. But his off-field antics are tue stuff of legend. He gets "injured" and then takes holidays back to Nigeria at least twice per year to go partying and then some. Consummate professional he is not. Monster on the field he is. If Maresca is trying to do an Arteta-esque clear out, and only keep players with good mindsets, I'd venture to say, Osimhen is not it.

I don’t mind Sancho the player and I think he’s much better than what he showed at Man United, but where the hell is he going to play??

We have Mudryk, Felix, Neto, Palmer, Madueke, Nkunku, KDH and Enzo Fernandez for those 3 slots behind the striker.   Even if you remove Enzo and KDH as players who will only play in the central one it still leaves 6 players,  5 of which I would play before Sancho in a wide position. 

I get there might be financial motives of doing a swap deal but that is just silly.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I actually think Sancho would do better here than he has at United, which was always the wrong club and I said as much from the start. He shouldn't be a priority by any means, but if we were able to virtually swap him for Sterling I think it's a pretty solid deal overall. Even if he doesn't pan out, he'll be much easier to move later on and won't have a shortage of interest. 

Would need to take a massive wage cut however to fit in with what we're doing, with it very incentivised by performance. 

Sancho is definitely better than he’s been at United, but it feels like too much of a risk as we’d be hoping he’d find better form here and if he doesn’t, we’ve lumbered ourselves with another player that we don’t need. 

If he comes in for Sterling, we’d still then need to move on one more, which would ideally be Mudryk, but that won’t be easy to do.

20 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I don’t mind Sancho the player and I think he’s much better than what he showed at Man United, but where the hell is he going to play??

We have Mudryk, Felix, Neto, Palmer, Madueke, Nkunku, KDH and Enzo Fernandez for those 3 slots behind the striker.   Even if you remove Enzo and KDH as players who will only play in the central one it still leaves 6 players,  5 of which I would play before Sancho in a wide position. 

I get there might be financial motives of doing a swap deal but that is just silly.

I agree he is better than he has showed at Utd. I do think some bad scouting gone on with him though, I just don’t think he has the attributes to be as successful in the PL.

I’m convinced Utd and other clubs in England who wanted Sancho thought they were getting a quick wide man. He does not really have much pace at all, I think it’s the transitional nature of the Bundesliga makes him look quicker than he is. He clearly has talent, but I struggle to see where he fits in here and I think that lack of pace prevents him being a top level threat in his position in the PL. 

Edited by Thiago97

42 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sancho is definitely better than he’s been at United, but it feels like too much of a risk as we’d be hoping he’d find better form here and if he doesn’t, we’ve lumbered ourselves with another player that we don’t need. 

If he comes in for Sterling, we’d still then need to move on one more, which would ideally be Mudryk, but that won’t be easy to do.

All comes down to what Sancho's wages would be. If he takes a genuine pay cut to fall in line somewhere along the 100-150k mark, maybe with incentives taking him to the upper region of that, then I'd be doing it. Sterling will only get harder to sell given his age and wages after all. 

Would still leave us needing to make some room I guess, with Mudryk being the prime candidate. While the latter does need to play more football, he also needs some genuine coaching and a season under Maresca may also be beneficial even if not playing regularly. It's a tough one, as I do like him and think he's got some x-factor about him should the stars align. 

22 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Osimhen off to Saudi by the looks of it which is a joke at his age. 

I'd be amazed if we didn't get Toney now. Absolutely amazed. 

He'll probably take a bet on when Sanchez will drop a clanger or when Maresca will get sacked.

8 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

His off-field antics, potentially astronomical fee and the silly salary demands cancel out his prowess on the pitch for me. 

• Agree 1