Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

33 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Does anyone think we will get Chilwell, Chalobah, Sterling and Broja off the books before Friday? Seems unlikely to me

If they care about playing football in the next 6 months they'll be doing all they can to get moves. 

Broja could still end up at Ipswich. 

Chilwell and Sterling will be the hardest to move and have little interest with vague Man Utd and Villa rumours. 

Chalobah AFAIK is of interest to no one currently. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Does anyone think we will get Chilwell, Chalobah, Sterling and Broja off the books before Friday? Seems unlikely to me

+Chukwuemeka, Kepa, Lukaku (where's that announcement??), Angelo, DDF, Petrovic, Washington, etc.

The big Chelsea fire sale, this week only...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

+Chukwuemeka, Kepa, Lukaku (where's that announcement??), Angelo, DDF, Petrovic, Washington, etc.

The big Chelsea fire sale, this week only...

Kepa is off to Bournemouth on loan by the looks of it, will also extend his contract for a season.

10 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Kepa is off to Bournemouth on loan by the looks of it, will also extend his contract for a season.

Real Madrid.... to Bournemouth. Oh my God 😂 I almost feel sorry for him

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I've been to both places and if you prefer ocean view/sailing/boating, there's only one obvious choice. 

However................ 🙂 🙂 

2 hours ago, RDCW said:

His off-field antics, potentially astronomical fee and the silly salary demands cancel out his prowess on the pitch for me. 

What off field antics, what salary, you mean opinionated news. He is currently on 11M euros a year approx 175k a week.  I don't get how this fake news read from blogs etc gets accepted as facts

37 minutes ago, Morgs said:

He'll no doubt live in Sandbanks on a huge wage. 

He'll be fine. 

*Although Sandbanks is THE most overrated place on earth. 

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, bertles86 said:

He's a quality player, no doubt. But his off-field antics are tue stuff of legend. He gets "injured" and then takes holidays back to Nigeria at least twice per year to go partying and then some. Consummate professional he is not. Monster on the field he is. If Maresca is trying to do an Arteta-esque clear out, and only keep players with good mindsets, I'd venture to say, Osimhen is not it.

where did you get all these tabloid stories from ? lmao  

3 hours ago, Morgs said:

Osimhen off to Saudi by the looks of it which is a joke at his age. 

I'd be amazed if we didn't get Toney now. Absolutely amazed. 

This  is fake news, his agent has rubbished such 

Sancho is a funny one, undoubtedly talented but been pretty awful at United. Hard to know if it's them that doesn't suit him or him that doesn't suit them, and the league. Bit of both maybe. 

If he was to come in I would suggest we would have to move on Sterling. Also Mudryk,  most likely a loan. So the question is would he be a better option than those two. I think the answer to that question is, it will all depend on the opposition. The way we played against Wolves with our two wingers staying wide and playing really direct I'd say Sancho is not the answer.

There will be times though when instead of playing Madueke and Neto , when we come up against teams who sit deep and play a low block when we are relying on a killer pass or a moment of individual brilliance to unlock a defece we could see Palmer from the right and maybe it's those type of games where Sancho could be a real asset. He's not particularly quick but he's very skillful, has an eye for a pass and has goals in him. He actually reminds me, in terms of his style of play, of Hazard. 

Teams that come out and try to press where we want to play more direct we could play.

Neto-Nkunku-Madueke

(Obviously Palmer plays but for this point I've left him out)

Teams that sit deep and dont try to engae, where we are looking for playerstro unlock a defence we could see.

Sancho-Felix-Palmer.

Two different line ups with very different styles of player but both full of quality. Obviously we can mix it up a bit but those six players offer a bit if everything both individually and as a group.

2 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

What off field antics, what salary, you mean opinionated news. He is currently on 11M euros a year approx 175k a week.  I don't get how this fake news read from blogs etc gets accepted as facts

There are numerous examples of African press articles of him partying (spraying money into the crowd etc), which have put me off him, but I have taken the trouble to listen to him talking about his career and he does sound more measured than his reputation. The difficulties he is having with Napoli are all the fault of the club it seems to me, although he should have been cleverer over the shirt image deletions.

As far as the transfer fee and salary demands, we can only go on the information we are given and the quoted £100 million fee is too high for anyone - the risk of a Lukaku (or indeed an Enzo, or Caicedo) repeat has, I hope put to bed any such purchases for the time being. He (or his agent) is reputed to be asking for £500k / week, which is patently an absurd figure. One of the reasons Sterling has been replaced is his out-of-structure salary, so it would be illogical and rash to replace him with someone who would further distort the disparity. If we can get him for £55 million and within the existing wage structure then he would be an acceptable risk. 

On his treatment by Napoli there is a nagging doubt about why it has gone sour there when they are normally very savvy about understanding and getting full value for their players, but then again they are dumb enough to have sought to replace him with Lukaku, so who knows!

• Agree 1

Can't believe there is any discussion over the merits of Sancho.

One of the worst mentalities & signings in the Premier League over the last 5 years.

Felix has a weak mentality, Mudryk's is even worse, but Sancho's is comfortably worse than both of them.

The only player I can think is comparable is the disaster Deli Ali. Should we sign him next?
(been through a lot tbf to the lad.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Nope and we’ll be stuck with them until January, training with the youth team. 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Can't believe there is any discussion over the merits of Sancho.

One of the worst mentalities & signings in the Premier League over the last 5 years.

Felix has a weak mentality, Mudryk's is even worse, but Sancho's is comfortably worse than both of them.

The only player I can think is comparable is the disaster Deli Ali. Should we sign him next?
(been through a lot tbf to the lad.)

I'm not sure that weak mentality and mental health crisis are the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Agree.

On the flipside Maresca isn't a psychiatrist. United publicly invested a lot in helping him with his mental health issues and the lad didn't come out better. He needs a new club like a hole in the head. I'd suggest he needs Mutual contract termination and a sabbatical. Come back stronger.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

No offence to anyone going through mental health crises, including Deli Ali. This is football and it’s not a judgement on them personally, just like judging a player/person based on their height or physique. We need people with specific characteristics mental/physical/technical and Sancho has shown nothing at Man U to suggest he has the goods. Football is brutal and competitive and we need to make tough calls I’m afraid.

Edited by Max Fowler

12 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Newcastle looking like they'll be paying £70m for Guehi lol.

What an absolute scam.

Hopefully we can fleece Palace in return for Chalobah or something.

Hopefully, though I would love Trev to stay.

Mind you, we’re the last fans who should be mocking other clubs for overpaying imo, Spurs paying £65m for Solanke sounds like a deal Todd ‘n’ Eggy would do. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Hopefully, though I would love Trev to stay.

Mind you, we’re the last fans who should be mocking other clubs for overpaying imo, Spurs paying £65m for Solanke sounds like a deal Todd ‘n’ Eggy would do. 

Won't get into the Trev debate again, so I'll leave that one.

If anything it further highlights the insane nature of the market and how mediocre talent goes for premium prices. Better off investing that money into potential with greater ceiling and hope they hit.

• Agree 1

Anyone else think Sunday could end up being a disaster for us as it might make the club think we don't need to sign a striker because we have goals coming from Madueke, Palmer, Neto, Felix etc? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morgs said:

Anyone else think Sunday could end up being a disaster for us as it might make the club think we don't need to sign a striker because we have goals coming from Madueke, Palmer, Neto, Felix etc? 

😬🙈 ️ 

• Thanks 1