Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

26 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Won't get into the Trev debate again, so I'll leave that one.

If anything it further highlights the insane nature of the market and how mediocre talent goes for premium prices. Better off investing that money into potential with greater ceiling and hope they hit.

You know Trev is brilliant 🤩🤪🤣

51 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Hopefully we can fleece Palace in return for Chalobah or something.

I would have thought that if Palace were interested in Chalobah they would have signed him  before paying £70m for Guehi - so as to not get fleeced. Got a feeling that Chalobah is staying 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I would have thought that if Palace were interested in Chalobah they would have signed him  before paying £70m for Guehi - so as to not get fleeced. Got a feeling that Chalobah is staying 

Same. 

Apparently there has been a lot of interest in him,  but he is being very picky about his next destination (understandably)  i.e.  European football 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

There's also be no point signing Chalobah if they didn't sell Guehi either. Probably didn't think Newcastle would be dense enough to spend £70m.

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Same. 

Apparently there has been a lot of interest in him,  but he is being very picky about his next destination (understandably)  i.e.  European football 

Has there? I've read the opposite and interest is pretty much minimal, hence no real link to any club. Given how brilliant he is you'd think he'd be fending of a queue of clubs...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

If anything it further highlights the insane nature of the market and how mediocre talent goes for premium prices.

Disasi & Badiashile certainly supports your theory on the CB market

Edited by ROTG

47 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

*selling not paying

• Like 1

Palace potentially selling Guehi and Anderson in the same window? Brave!

Chalobah would be a good signing for them and a good move for him, he’d be an instant starter for a London (ish) side. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

Newcastle do have an interest in Disasi though, so if they end up going for him instead of Guehi, I think Trev stays.

20 hours ago, Ham said:

He'll no doubt live in Sandbanks on a huge wage. 

He'll be fine. 

*Although Sandbanks is THE most overrated place on earth. 

Actually Bournemouth is turning into Wolverhampton -by -the -sea. I see there was a stabbing in Christchurch last week ( land of the cream tea and lawn bowling)!! 

I am getting concerned over this Osimhen deal. Sounds like we are being blackmailed into sky high wages plus his initial fee ( which I have zero idea of). He’s a great player for sure, but not happy with the vibe I’m getting and the language being used. We don’t want another Lukaku on our hands.  As the window approaches , we have a fire sale going and not many takers. A points deduction would be disastrous. So do we need him? Are there other cheaper options? Cunho from Wolves, Olly Watkins maybe? But if we can’t shift a lot of deadwood I think we should stop buying now. We’ve got Jackson, Nkunku and Felix plus goals from all over the pitch. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Chalobah would be a good signing for them and a good move for him, he’d be an instant starter for a London (ish) side. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

Newcastle do have an interest in Disasi though, so if they end up going for him instead of Guehi, I think Trev stays.

Certainly brave by Palace to break up and move on their starting partnership completely. You'd want to be pretty sure whoever was coming in adapts immediately and can deliver. 

I'd not be surprised if the Disasi to Newcastle links were merely a means to put further pressure on Palace. Either way, I don't see Trev staying regardless he just does't offer what we're in need of from the position, nor fits the overall football style. We'll also have that young CB from Boca joining in January, who is currently impressing a lot by reports. 

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I am getting concerned over this Osimhen deal. Sounds like we are being blackmailed into sky high wages plus his initial fee ( which I have zero idea of). He’s a great player for sure, but not happy with the vibe I’m getting and the language being used. We don’t want another Lukaku on our hands.  As the window approaches , we have a fire sale going and not many takers. A points deduction would be disastrous. So do we need him? Are there other cheaper options? Cunho from Wolves, Olly Watkins maybe? But if we can’t shift a lot of deadwood I think we should stop buying now. We’ve got Jackson, Nkunku and Felix plus goals from all over the pitch. 

Part of the likely hold up on anything happen will be because we want Osimhen to fit into the wage structure of the club. I can't see why we'd be wanting to finally shift Lukaku and Sterling's only to put our foot immediately back in it. 

Would have to be very performance based to make sense, which means less guaranteed money and a potential sticking point. 

Chalobah and Disasi I'm pretty sure will go. We'll end up getting some Spanish bloke nobody has ever heard of who will be half decent, on deadline day. 

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Part of the likely hold up on anything happen will be because we want Osimhen to fit into the wage structure of the club. I can't see why we'd be wanting to finally shift Lukaku and Sterling's only to put our foot immediately back in it. 

Would have to be very performance based to make sense, which means less guaranteed money and a potential sticking point. 

That chap is not going to accept anything performance based. And if we’ve got players like Sterling sitting in the corner on 300k a week , how can we afford him. Him and his agent seem exactly the sort to say “ fck it, we are off to Saudi for two years if you can’t give us 400k a week”.  In which case we should buy him a bucket and spade. 

6 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

That chap is not going to accept anything performance based. And if we’ve got players like Sterling sitting in the corner on 300k a week , how can we afford him. Him and his agent seem exactly the sort to say “ fck it, we are off to Saudi for two years if you can’t give us 400k a week”.  In which case we should buy him a bucket and spade. 

Yeah, I don't see it happening either personally. He's just far too expensive, and even if we could afford to do it I'm not personally keen on seeing us hand out huge contracts like in the past unless they're absolutely deserved. 

Really don't get Osimhen though.

1. Won't drop his wage demands.
  2. Wants to remain in Europe and not play in Saudi.
  3. Only PSG and us have shown interest, and PSG claim they won't sign another striker. 

With Lukaku's move seemingly not far away from happening and a desire of Conte, his position is very precarious to say the least. 

44 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Tbh, I can't see why we'd sell Disasi.  Surely he's first in at CB if either of Fofana and Levi aren't available? He's also pretty capable in a 3 atb system (which I think we will use at some point). 

And based on what I saw the other night, if any CB is being sold then Badiashile is comfortably the first name on that list

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Yeah, I don't see it happening either personally. He's just far too expensive, and even if we could afford to do it I'm not personally keen on seeing us hand out huge contracts like in the past unless they're absolutely deserved. 

Really don't get Osimhen though.

1. Won't drop his wage demands.
  2. Wants to remain in Europe and not play in Saudi.
  3. Only PSG and us have shown interest, and PSG claim they won't sign another striker. 

With Lukaku's move seemingly not far away from happening and a desire of Conte, his position is very precarious to say the least. 

I heard a rumour of 50m which would be cheap. Maybe we give him a nice big signing on fee then keep him within our wage structure. Otherwise I would swerve him. 

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

I heard a rumour of 50m which would be cheap. Maybe we give him a nice big signing on fee then keep him within our wage structure. Otherwise I would swerve him. 

£50m would definitely be a more than reasonable price, considering ADL wanted like £130m 12 months ago or so. But yeah, even at that price the wages have to make sense otherwise it's a pass for me also. 

A few Dominic Calvert-Lewin links about this morning.

Spent the last half-hour trying to form an opinion on him. Got as far as he looked decent under Ancelotti, hasn't really done anything of note since. Not as injury prone as I thought. Seems contractually obliged to post about Braun a lot.

I think he'll do better here than the social media meltdown suggests, but it does feel like desperate measures. I'd probably take him as a low wage swap for Broja on deadline day if we didn't have anything else up our sleeve.

4 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Newcastle looking like they'll be paying £70m for Guehi lol.

What an absolute scam.

Hopefully we can fleece Palace in return for Chalobah or something.

Worse than €80m for Fofana? No, not at all actually. If Fofanas going rate is €80m, getting Guehi for £70m is a steal. 

10 minutes ago, Box of Tricks said:

A few Dominic Calvert-Lewin links about this morning.

Spent the last half-hour trying to form an opinion on him. Got as far as he looked decent under Ancelotti, hasn't really done anything of note since. Not as injury prone as I thought. Seems contractually obliged to post about Braun a lot.

I think he'll do better here than the social media meltdown suggests, but it does feel like desperate measures. I'd probably take him as a low wage swap for Broja on deadline day if we didn't have anything else up our sleeve.

Oddly I wouldn't be completely against this for two reasons.

Firstly, and I've said many times, I think Jackosn has the potential to become one of the elite strikers. There aren't many players about, certainly at his age, that have shown his prmosie or rapid progress. Let's not forget he's only had two seasons of top level football.

Secondly,  if it's Calvert-Lewin for Broja then that in itself is a huge upgrade. He'd certainly give us a different type of option upfront, is a good age with good premier league experience. 

I would actually,  bizarrely maybe, be more up for this than us signing Osimhen but mainly because of how highly I rate Jackson.

• Agree 1