Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

42 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I agree it will happen BUT i bet (tee-hee) we will get fleeced.

Toney already agreed 60M euros 3 year contract with Saudi, is this not a way to piss off Napoli , we were interested in DLC a few days ago. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If the choice is DCL  or Toney I'm choosing Toney every day and twice on Sunday's .

I've never rated him until I saw him for England where I thought he was everything we needed at Chelsea. Strong , good serially , holds the ball up well.

The Cobham branch of Ladbroke’s will be delighted! 🤩 💰🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If the choice is DCL  or Toney I'm choosing Toney every day and twice on Sunday's .

I've never rated him until I saw him for England where I thought he was everything we needed at Chelsea. Strong , good serially , holds the ball up well.

And he's a bit of an arsehole, which is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Morgs said:

I think there are two mitigants here:

1 - Jackson will play on the left when Toney plays up top. It's his natural position, I think. I don't see signing Toney as necessarily a block to his development. 

2 - Jackson is a totally different type of striker to Toney and some teams will need a route one aggressive physical lump, others like Wolves on Sunday need pace and running. I think there is room in the squad for two. If anyone's development is going to be held up by signing Toney, I think it is Guiu. 

Or the flip side is that a young player not really quite ready for a full season in the PL is helped by training with a big, aggressive & experienced PL centre forward every day and learns from that.  Could end up being really useful for the boy.

I like Guiu's energy and workrate, perhaps Toney coming in and a year at somewhere like Leeds would be really helpful for him too... If it wasn't Chelsea and specifically now at Chelsea, I feel like that's what he'd be doing this season

37 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Kaveh Solekhol is reporting it.

About as trustworthy as someone putting "Tottenham Hotspur trophy polisher" on their CV 

29 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

from the few snippets of interviews he's done - he actually seems pro-chelsea. Which is rare

Probably because our spending keeps him in a job 😄

8 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

The Toney rumours could of course be put out there to force Napoli and Osimhen's hand, if he is actually our first choice

I did wonder that myself.  Bit of a bump to crack on with both deals we are trying to get done? 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If Fofanas going rate is €80m, getting Guehi for £70m is a steal. 

You're doing that thing again and you know you are.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

Toney is 28 doesn't fit the model signing 

Tosin, nearly 27.

KDH, nearly 26.

Felix, nearly 25.

Neto 24.

Those are the main 4 players we have bought this summer for the first team squad so the model this year is quite clearly different. 

You can add Jorgensen, although looks very much like he's been bought as a back up GK and Veiga but he's the only outfield player we have bought, for the first team squad, that fits the previous model. 

24 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

Toney already agreed 60M euros 3 year contract with Saudi, is this not a way to piss off Napoli , we were interested in DLC a few days ago. 

Has he signed? No. Does he want an England career and trophies ? I expect so. 

6 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Tosin, nearly 27.

KDH, nearly 26.

Felix, nearly 25.

Neto 24.

Those are the main 4 players we have bought this summer for the first team squad so the model this year is quite clearly different. 

You can add Jorgensen, although looks very much like he's been bought as a back up GK and Veiga but he's the only outfield player we have bought, for the first team squad, that fits the previous model. 

We are yet to sign anyone  beyond 26.  So all those projected ages you listed  do not matter, I could also say Toney is close to 29 , Sterling is 29 and we are pushing him out the door. Toney is yet to make the big bucks in football and currently 28 closing on 29 would be hard for anyone to turn down a salary of 20M a year for 3 years 

Looks like a deal for Kepa to go on loan to Bournemouth is almost done, which from what I've read means he'll sign a contract extension before going... hopefully on reduced wages and hopefully the loan has at least an option to buy.

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Has he signed? No. Does he want an England career and trophies ? I expect so. 

Can the club offer that?

Also do the club offer a 28 year old a 7 year contract?

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Looks like a deal for Kepa to go on loan to Bournemouth is almost done, which from what I've read means he'll sign a contract extension before going... hopefully on reduced wages and hopefully the loan has at least an option to buy.

From what I have read, it is on reduced wages but no option to buy.

• Like 1

No Formal bid has been made to Brentford for Toney yet 

on another note how accurate is simon?

Simon Phillips says that Chelsea co-owner Behdad Eghbali has gotten involved in a bid to try and secure a deal for Victor Osimhen.

The Clearlake Capital co-founder has played a similar enforcer role in transfers before.

It is claimed that the money side is being worked on and Eghbali's involvement could give Chelsea a better chance.

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Can the club offer that?

Also do the club offer a 28 year old a 7 year contract?

1. I don’t expect an England career and trophies will be in his contract no. 

2. I don’t know. Do they? 

40 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The Cobham branch of Ladbroke’s will be delighted! 🤩 💰🤣

Could we check if any heavy money has been placed in a Brentford bookies on him joining us. It might sort out the rumours once and for all. 

( Ediur Gudjonsen says 👋

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Wikipedia tells us he has been with us for some years 😁😁

Screenshot_20240827-154546.png

Sorry,,just don't want Toney at Chelsea...maybe I'm being unreasonable/illogical, but I don't really think he would work at Chelsea or maybe it's just I don't want him to work at Chelsea.

For all the talk for the need of "senior" player influence I have doubts about the how the younger players might be influenced by Toney's apparent betting issue and the possible turn a blind eye by the Club.

Another keeper?...the keeper who finished last season is now nowhere to be seen (vague injured talk) and third/fourth choice now? If the Kepa deal falls through it will only look ridiculous and not even including any fringe youngsters ,

Regardless of where any of them come in the pecking order now a keeper needs to be playing not just training,

With the set up as I see it of 4 "senior" keepers only one can play and there is no old time reserve side to keep the chosen back up on his game...make no mistake,,a rusty no game keeper however good can be a problem.....Bonetti was blamed for the W Germany defeat..(another argument,)and a brilliant keeper (I'm biased but) carried an unwarranted career stain after being thrown into a cauldron of a game on short notice with little game time for a long period.

Added,,the Kepa deal posts came in as I was typing.

Edited by chara