Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

2 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Fee we paid for Fofana is quoted in € from the sources I’ve used. Suggested fee for Guehi in £. The relationship between £/€ changes all the time, so a direct comparison over different years may not paint the best picture. 

Regardless, as you are a smart man. I’m sure you catch the drift of what I’m trying to say. 

I just think it's funny that whenever you do one of these "we paid/they paid" comparisons, the quoted figures always seem to fall the way that emphasises your point. 

But if you say it's just a coincidence then..... 

mkay-mr-mackey.gif

Have to say this Osimhen deal is now quite important for how I view our transfer and wage policy. If we somehow managed to convince him to take a lower wage with an incentivised structure then it would be a major coup especially given how reportedly reluctant he is to do that. 

If Osimhen says no, and we refuse to budge and instead turn our attention towards someone like Duran, I’ve got no time for it at all. At some point, we’re never going to compete unless we pay proper wages for top players. But I have to say if Osimhen moves I would say big well done to the board and even that this incentivised wage structure makes a lot of sense

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well if we’ve agreed personal terms that’s a pretty positive sign.

Hold up now could be because we’re trying to flog them a player!

IMG_9103.jpeg

Never heard of Rudy Galetti and he's the only one saying anything has been agreed with Osimhen.  The rest are saying the wages are going to be a problem. 

9 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Whatever you do don't tell @xceleryx.

If he finds out Trev is staying

Xcelery will very likely fume and regrettably set fire to his full, matching Disasi and Badiashille kits (his favourite Christmas presents from 2023)

Really couldn't care if Chalobah stays or not though, his days are numbered one way or another. If anything, it speaks volumes that there's been so little interest in him despite our clear willingness to sell. Can't believe such an elite centreback is unwanted by the entire world of football.

Edited by Michael Tucker
You know why. Now let's move on like adults.

12 hours ago, Bigpokey24 said:

He  could be a top defender for us 

Really looking forward to seeing what this kid can do. Mentioned in another post a day or so ago that he'll be arriving in January, so I wonder if he'll come straight into the senior setup or if we'll send him on loan. For a player that's only just come through and not played a whole lot of senior football he's drawing some serious plaudits (and looks seriously talented). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Ham said:

I just think it's funny that whenever you do one of these "we paid/they paid" comparisons, the quoted figures always seem to fall the way that emphasises your point. 

But if you say it's just a coincidence then..... 

mkay-mr-mackey.gif

Cute.

Transfermarkt quotes all historical transfers in €. That’s the reason why I also quote € since I use them as my main source. 

10 hours ago, Bison said:

He's seemingly out of options if reports about PSG no longer being interested are true.

I wouldn’t put it past someone like Arsenal to suddenly steam in and gatecrash the party with an offer. 

2 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Cute.

Transfermarkt quotes all historical transfers in €. That’s the reason why I also quote € since I use them as my main source. 

Why not get the Chelsea player's transfer value from transfermarkt too then? Then we're comparing apples with apples. 

5 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Really couldn't care if Chalobah stays or not though, his days are numbered one way or another. If anything, it speaks volumes that there's been so little interest in him despite our clear willingness to sell. Can't believe such an elite centreback is unwanted by the entire world of football.

For someone who doesn't care if Chalobah stays or goes, you write and awful lot of paragraphs on why he should be punted.

Edited by ROTG

29 minutes ago, ROTG said:

For someone who doesn't care if Chalobah stays or goes, you write and awful lot of paragraphs on why he should be punted.

For someone that knows they're on my ignore list, you reply an awful lot to what I post as if I care what you have to say.

* Only saw this post because I viewed the site not being logged in first, won't be happening again.

Edited by xceleryx
  • Haha 1

I think today is the day. We find out if it is going to be Toney, Osimhen, DCL or someone else. 

Moves like this cannot go down to the last day as there are just too many moving parts. 

And I'll state for the record, wanting to sign a top centre-half who is better than Disasi is fair enough, but if he didnt play for us I'd be delighted if we signed Trev Chalobah. Adds proper depth, the fans love him, has a much higher ceiling than Disasi does and is experienced. If he learns to communicate and start calling the plays he will be a very good player indeed and I see no reason why he cannot be knocking on the England door soon if you look at the players that already are already capped. 

My view is his main issue is inconsistency. On his day he is a super player and extremely difficult to play against but needs to maintain that level and not let his lapses in concentration affect his game. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Selling Lukaku, reducing Kepa's wages, signing a striker, flogging Disasi to Newcastle and bringing Chalobah in from the cold would be a satisfactory end to a transfer window that has been going on for far too long.

It would also mean we still have two international loan spots so we can send Petrovic to Strasbourg as they have wanted for a while and also possibly send Washington or Angelo somewhere else.

• Agree 1

I'd 100% look to sell Badiashile over Disasi at the moment if one of them needs to go tbh.  Disasi's shown himself to be a better presence at the back and seems to suffer from massive confidence drop offs a lot less than the younger guy. 

That being said, Trev is a better option at CB than Badiashile and a far more comfortable fit at RB than Disasi is (and arguably a better CB tbh) - so who knows what their thinking will be? 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I'd 100% look to sell Badiashile over Disasi at the moment if one of them needs to go tbh.  Disasi's shown himself to be a better presence at the back and seems to suffer from massive confidence drop offs a lot less than the younger guy. 

That being said, Trev is a better option at CB than Badiashile and a far more comfortable fit at RB than Disasi is (and arguably a better CB tbh) - so who knows what their thinking will be? 

I'd agree with all of that. I actually like Big Axel a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I'd 100% look to sell Badiashile over Disasi

Neither will be moved on as the are Laurence Stewart £80m dynamic duo from Monaco and are non profit making players. 

Edited by ROTG

43 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Neither will be moved on as the are Laurence Stewart £80m dynamic duo from Monaco and are non profit making players. 

How true (for now anyway.  Badiashile will be moved on fairly soon if he doesn't improve pretty sharpish.  These SDs do want and need their signings to succeed more often than not). 

Edited by Bert19

49 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/08/28/chelsea-transfer-trevoh-chalobah-crystal-palace/

£40m sounds good thanks Palace. We know you're good for it. 

£40m would represent good business imo.

That those left behind are no better is neither here, nor there.  We need better than we have at CB and £40m might just help us find that.

3 minutes ago, ChelseaJambo said:

£40m would represent good business imo.

That those left behind are no better is neither here, nor there.  We need better than we have at CB and £40m might just help us find that.

Yeh, i'm a big fan of Trev's, but you raise a fair point here.  

If we got £40m for him and £25m for Badiashile, i'm pretty sure that could buy a decent chunk of top-level Centre Back