Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

23 minutes ago, chrisb said:

So Messi is leaving PSG and coming to us as Mounts replacement…👀

Doubt we'll see him at Stamford Bridge... at least not in a Chelsea shirt, anyway.

I see four possible destinations; back to Barca (if they can afford him), some middle-eastern club (like Ronaldo), his "home" club of Newells in Argentina, and the left-field option of Inter Miami.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

would be my signing of summer

They'll be wanting around £90m for him, so I suggest we give them Cucurella back, and throw in one of Colwill's sweat-stained shirts... because that's all you'll get for your tawdry £30m offer!

• Haha 2

I think the fees involved will be prohibitive but I truly believe Caicedo is a phenom and can have a Kante type impact here if signed. I think Rice's character and leadership is more important to our team right now but Caicedo is technically an unbelievable footballer. 

Edited by FrankLampard8

Not sure about this. We would be left with 3 CDs, and two of those a frequently injured (KK and WF), and Silva isnt going to play every game. Having said that, we are not Europe 😞

Oh, forgot about Colwill

Edited by Miguelito07

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

Not sure about this. We would be left with 3 CDs, and two of those a frequently injured (KK and WF), and Silva isnt going to play every game. Having said that, we are not Europe 😞

More like Colwill, Badiashille, Fofana and Silva?

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

I’ve missed something there, I thought it was a random bloke. 

41 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Yeah, thought I'd missed something so Googled. No suggestion anywhere it was Mount's dad, and that would surely have been all over the press.

I recall when I saw the post initially there was a comment about it being Tony Mount and the old man certainly looks like him in every way. 

I don't know whether that's somehow been scraped from the net 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, ChelseaJambo said:

Not too fussed about Mount leaving but when added in to Kovacic and those who've left recently it is a concern when taken as a collective. Can't really blame any of them though, I think post-RA and TT I'd have been out the door too in their position.

Mate there will be a lot more going too. Pochettino is keen on his 4-2-3-1 so there really isn't any need for the dozen or so midfielders we currently have. As has been mentioned before the current squad is rotten like an old tree. We are going to have to strip it back to the bare minimum and build it back up with untainted individuals who also hopefully have more than a little moral fortitude. 

1 minute ago, Proud-Blue said:

Hmm... not entirely sure how I feel about this. If it WAS to work, I feel Colwill and Badiashile would be an exceptional partnership 

image.png

You know, I've wondered this myself. But we've had right footed CB's playing together in the past, as have majority of teams ever. Why wouldn't this work? Realistically you need to be solid with both feet.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

would be my signing of summer

Ugarte, Caicedo and Enzo as our midfield options sounds pretty good. Looks like we’ll sell Kante, Kovacic, Chalobah, Loftus Cheek and Mount to finance it. Pretty radical stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

August would be a better time to compare squad.

Also the Arse will be playing 2-3 games per week in the PL and CL which none I’ve the above apart from Jorghi has any experience. So I can’t see that combination being a real threat to any of the top teams next season. 

Did you watch the Arsenal midfield this year? The replacement of Xhaka with Rice will be a huge upgrade and we are about 3 midfielders light of getting anywhere near that 5. Plus they are also looking at Caicedo and with CL football may get him. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I worry with PSG and Barca circling we lose Ugarte. Similar to last summer when we kept getting our hopes up.

You know the answer Max, until they're pictured holding the shirt up don't believe anything you read. 

They don't call it silly season for nothing. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I worry with PSG and Barca circling we lose Ugarte. Similar to last summer when we kept getting our hopes up.

So what? There’ll be someone else. Personally I want 🍚 but somehow it feels unlikely. But again - there’ll be an alternative.

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If I was Chelsea and Inter offered me £25m for Chalobah I'd tell them to save it and add extra and finally buy Lukaku off us seeing as they keep pleading poverty. 

I like Trev. Decent player. Not everyone can be triple-A but he’s certainly good enough imo. Definitely want Lukaku to get lost and take his XXXXXL shorts with him. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Just a thought regarding Caicedo. I think we might be playing it smart because if Rice goes to Arsenal as reported, Mount goes to Man United, Macallister to Liverpool, Gallagher maybe to Newcastle, and Kovacic to Man City, it closes down the opportunities for these clubs to move for Caicedo. Firstly because of the big fee involved. And secondly because of places available in their squads. Only we are really in need of two midfield players. Other clubs will likely settle for one. By selling Mount to Man United we are effectively stopping them going for Caicedo. As I said, just a thought…

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

We have to look at the fact we are losing a pool of talent Kovacic, Mount, Kante, Rudiger, Christensen, Jorginho and more recently Felix.  

Can we honestly say we have replaced with greater quality? Definitely not at this point. And the fact was we were not competing for the title with those players!  

Off the back of the champions league win we were a few tweaks away! That now seems a million miles away.

Maybe we can build a team now and not a collection of individuals who don’t know how to form a cohesive unit? 

• Agree 4