Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

30 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If we have loaned or sold Beach, Slonina, Kepa, Penders, and Petrovic, are we in danger of running out of goalkeepers?

Don’t be silly… we’ve just signed Les Sealey. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And that's your lifetime ban, off you go buddy!*

*Joke, obviously, but I feel like it needs to be stated on here sometimes.

Cheers - i will do my best to behave from here on in.  

Though I do sincerely hope that everything Romelu touches from here on in turns to ash.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And that's your lifetime ban, off you go buddy!*

*Joke, obviously, but I feel like it needs to be stated on here sometimes.

It’s been like bunny boiler ex , still stalking and still fleecing you. You know she’s out there somewhere thinking “I’m just not going to be ignoooored!”

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bison said:

How many managers explicitly say "he's not the type I like" about one of their club's players?

Even more incomprehensible when we have a considerably worse player in the exact same position who remains part of the squad. Is Mudryk 'his type of winger' or is he just forced to play him because he was signed by Eghbali and his minions? 

Exactly, bro. I’m not even necessarily against the sale of sterling, because of his wages, just don’t gaslight me into telling me it’s because he’s not your type of player. And again I don’t even particularly blame maresca for that. I mean, he signed up for it. But way the board just lies to the fans in the name of PR is not okay. Just say “we have decided that unfortunately there is no place for Raheem here”.

Same PR was pumped out with Gallagher. “ Gallagher doesn’t fit Maresca’s style of play”. Nonsense. I’m sure Maresca would’ve loved him in the squad. Would he have been a first team starter? Maybe not. Just tell us Connor has to go but don’t lie about why.

Haaland clearly doesn’t fit Guardiola’s style of play. Does that mean he couldn’t sign? No. Guardiola adjusted his style to fit the unique attributes of Haaland. Believe it or not Gallagher also has some unique attributes in relation to our squad that Maresca could’ve used.

They are trying to fashion this grand narrative to imply that this project is being so brilliantly thought out and Maresca is the final piece of the puzzle, while fans have collective amnesia about potter and Potch also supposedly being the final key to unlocking this grand and brilliant project.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

I’m gutted Lukaku has gone. 

Who’s gonna step up out our squad of 60 odd to become the focal point of our humour now?

If you enjoy fat jokes like many in here then we still have Enzo Fernandez for the next 8 years. 👍

28 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Exactly, bro. I’m not even necessarily against the sale of sterling, because of his wages, just don’t gaslight me into telling me it’s because he’s not your type of player. And again I don’t even particularly blame maresca for that. I mean, he signed up for it. But way the board just lies to the fans in the name of PR is not okay. Just say “we have decided that unfortunately there is no place for Raheem here”.

Same PR was pumped out with Gallagher. “ Gallagher doesn’t fit Maresca’s style of play”. Nonsense. I’m sure Maresca would’ve loved him in the squad. Would he have been a first team starter? Maybe not. Just tell us Connor has to go but don’t lie about why.

Haaland clearly doesn’t fit Guardiola’s style of play. Does that mean he couldn’t sign? No. Guardiola adjusted his style to fit the unique attributes of Haaland. Believe it or not Gallagher also has some unique attributes in relation to our squad that Maresca could’ve used.

They are trying to fashion this grand narrative to imply that this project is being so brilliantly thought out and Maresca is the final piece of the puzzle, while fans have collective amnesia about potter and Potch also supposedly being the final key to unlocking this grand and brilliant project.

To be fair to Maresca, he is shamelessly doing a great job on behalf of the two idiots.

The bold is spot on. Whatever the squad looks like at the end of this window will be the culmination of their 4 window plan. Looks bad as it stands and I'm sure they've got some horrors in store for us on deadline day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I’m gutted Lukaku has gone. 

Who’s gonna step up out our squad of 60 odd to become the focal point of our humour now?

We have enough material watching Mudryk shooting or Fernandez trying to track back with his teddy bear legs 🧸 - expression copyright ©️ @Mark Kelly 🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Good riddance to the arrogant, disloyal, entitled, whining fat tub of shit. 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Come on Matt..be more specific..who do you mean?🐖🐷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bison said:

If you enjoy fat jokes like many in here then we still have Enzo Fernandez for the next 8 years. 👍

True. Let’s hope he can step up to the plate (Lukaku never shied away from that)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We have enough material watching Mudryk shooting or Fernandez trying to track back with his teddy bear legs 🧸 - expression copyright ©️ @Mark Kelly 🤣🤣🤣

I feel sorry for Mudryk so I can’t get on board with slating him, Fernandez on the other hand….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Good riddance to the arrogant, disloyal, entitled, whining fat tub of shit. 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

But that was a few years ago? I’m glad Rafa went, but what about Lukaku? 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Unseen footage of Winstanley and Stewart on their way to Naples from the game tonight. 

It's an 11 hour drive. Will our geniuses make it on time before the window slams shut? Stay tuned. 

Or..does it mean they are looking for a job ? What's that saying.."See Naples and ....?"

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Eh? What have we been negotiating about then?

IMG_9108.jpeg

We're playing hard ball.

Napoli want Osimhen out. Osimhen wants out and now Lukaku has arrived.

Napoli bumped up his salary last year and inserted a £100m+ buy out clause thinking clubs would still pay it and they'd only need to pay the extra wages for a year. But clubs no longer have the money due to financial sustainability rules. And now they have Lukaku, they need the money to pay his wages!

PSG were mildly interested a while back, but no longer are. We've always been interested, but only at the right price. Al Ahli have been interested for a while too. But that's it. No-one else is interested, and not because he's not a good player; it's simply down to FSR

Al Ahli have managed to get Napoli to agree to a fee of around €70m (way below the €130m release fee), which is also doable for us (and Napoli can't now really ask for more, given they've agreed a fee with the Saudis). Al Ahli have offered Osimhen around £30m a year for four years, which is obviously a tempting package, but...

Osimhen is still young and feels he has lots to prove. He likes Chelsea as a club. He likes the idea of living in London. He likes the Premier League. Having won a title in Italy, what better than trying to win a title in what most consider to be the toughest league? But we just can't offer the money the Saudis can.

Chelsea  are trying to convince him to accept our wage structure of reasonable basic wages with very big bonuses. Essentially the club are saying, "we can give you £300,000 a week if that's what you want, but you have to earn it by performing at the level that is deserving of that sort of money".

Napoli know that Osimhen's footballing heart is tending toward Chelsea, because any trophies won here will be more "worthy" than anything he might win in Saudi Arabia. On the other hand, the money offered by the Saudis means he can set up his extended family for generations and generations to come.

As for the loan with obligation to buy... well it suits us as it means any fee paid will go into the 2025/26 season books, not the current season's books (which makes it easier for us regarding FSR) and therefore possibly means we can offer him a slightly higher base figure as wages. Napoli would prefer a straight sale to the Saudis, but essentially it's down to the player.

If we can convince him to accept our wage structure, and if the obligation to buy is a bit more than the €70m the Saudis are offering (and in the recent past we've offered slightly more than originally asked in order to structure the payments in a way that suits us), then the deal might get done. Napoli get a huge wage off their books just as Lukaku arrives to swallow up all they've saved, we get the striker we want, but don't have to pay until next year, and the player gets to play in a league he's said to want to play in for a club he admires.

Everyone's a winner... 🎶 🎶 🎶

On the other hand, it could all go tits up and we end up with Dominic Calvert-Lewin signing a minute before the window shuts!

• Like 3

We should just go and get this Toney deal done, instead we appear to be leaving him in limbo as plan B, should be not be able to get Osimhen in.

Personally, the percentages are in favour of Toney ahead of Osimhen here. Osimhen could be spectacular and thrive in England and would have the higher ceiling and take the team to a higher level.

However, Toney knows the league , its a cheaper deal to finance, it comes with less risk as a player and also commercially in terms of age , and potential to move on should things not work out.

It's a bit similar to Duran here. We seemed all set to go and sign him 6 weeks back, got cold feet and pursued other options leaving him on standby. It feels like we are doing something similar here with Toney.