Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Osimhen hasn't yet agreed to the move as it's clear he doesn't really want to go to Saudi. 

Insane that the Saudi clubs don't have any kind of FFP rules to adhere to.  Just name a number and print cash. 

Predictions for the end of the day, then?

Obviously all just gut feeling as we have no insight but I'm going to say ...

- Sterling does go, but on loan, and Sancho does pointlessly come in.

- Osimhen goes to Saudi Arabia.

- So Toney doesn't, and we make a last ditch move.

- Chalobah gets a loan.

- But Broja and Chilwell don't and are stuck here.

I give it until 10am until one of these is conclusively wrong. 

I know they say money talks but Osimhen could still go and make a fortune in Saudi Arabia in four or five years time. Even Lukaku chose not to go to Saudi Arabia and he’s not exactly in the prime of his career.

Call me a romantic but Osimhen could aspire to be the next Drogba and still be comfortable financially. I guess it says a lot about his priorities. Not too bothered as I think Toney is a pretty good backup otherwise. And I’d rather have a player who chooses to play for us over unlimited wealth.

• Agree 1

My guess for today...

• Sterling to Man United on loan with an option to buy
  • Chalobah moves abroad on a perm deal
  • Chilwell will be stuck here (hopefully gets moved back into the first team squad, but seems unlikely)
  • Osimhen moves to Saudi on ridiculous wages
  • Chelsea make a late move for Toney, but can't come to an agreement with Brentford over price
  • Sancho signs for Chelsea on loan
  • Chelsea sign a goalkeeper, just for a laugh
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Sky are now reporting that Osimhen is to have a medical with a view to joining Al -Ahli

A €60-70m release clause is being included apparently. Which is fine, but he'll need to take a massive wage cut if he ever wants to leave.

Taking the money at the sacrifice of his career, it seems a shame but I equally can't blame him. He and his family will bet set up for life and then some.

24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

- Chalobah gets a loan.

Araujo in

Chalobah out on loan 

Disasi to Newcastle

Osimhen goes to Saudi

No Toney as he knows he was plan B all along and quite rightly tells us to Foxtrot Oscar 

DCL tomorrow 30 mins before the deadline

Sterling not out.

Chillwell back to Leicester.  

No loan for Mudryk.

No Sancho (hopefully)

Edited by Morgs

I mean, at this point, it’s really frustrating. Some will say we could never get Osimhen anyway as we’re competing with Saudi money. Or that he is not good enough.

fact of the matter is we’ve wasted so much time this window pissing around in bargain bucket bins, buying players we don’t need, selling players we need, not addressing key positions, and running around like headless chickens destroying the cohesion of the group.

we saw what happened last night if we go a season with Jackson as our only forward, as much as I like him. I currently put our chances of making top four at about 10 to 20%..

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

- Chalobah gets a loan.

This sounds far too optimistic.

I anticipate the the braintrust are going to lose all composure today and we will be in a significantly worse position than we were at the start of the day.

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I mean, at this point, it’s really frustrating. Some will say we could never get Osimhen anyway as we’re competing with Saudi money. Or that he is not good enough.

fact of the matter is we’ve wasted so much time this window pissing around in bargain bucket bins, buying players we don’t need, selling players we need, not addressing key positions, and running around like headless chickens destroying the cohesion of the group.

we saw what happened last night if we go a season with Jackson as our only forward, as much as I like him. I currently put our chances of making top four at about 10 to 20%..

Jackson "scored" within minutes of coming on, and I'm not convinced VAR got the off-side call right.

• Agree 2

We are F***KED if Jackson gets injured, that's clear. 

Guiu tries hard but isn't ready and Broja is not the answer. 

In other news, Jorgensen is worse than Sanchez which takes some doing if you think about it. 

We aren't getting anywhere near 4th (or even 6th) unless we sort a proper goalkeeper and a proper striker. 

Edited by Morgs
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ham said:

Osimhen hasn't yet agreed to the move as it's clear he doesn't really want to go to Saudi. 

Insane that the Saudi clubs don't have any kind of FFP rules to adhere to.  Just name a number and print cash. 

Maybe he will go there, get injured early in the season, do a TV interview saying he wants to return to Europe at some point - Sound familiar?

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Reports now that Toney is also off to Al Ahli... they can't both be going surely. Something is happening here, they'll both move, but one will be to Al Ahli and the other may well be to Chelsea.

I thought this so just looked at their squad and it does have fewer western star names than some of the other PIF clubs tbf, so maybe they genuinely are going for it.

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Al-Ahli have now had an offer accepted for Ivan Toney!!!!!

Told you. 

Pissing about all summer and ending up with.... Broja.  Well done Chelsea. **slow clap**

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Singleton said:

Al-Ahli have now had an offer accepted for Ivan Toney!!!!!

Lol.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors and I can't help but feel all of this is being done to manipulate the worst sporting directors around. They are going to bite eventually.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Apparently so... that's quite a striker force!

I don't think Toney will go there, personally. 

I don't believe either Toney or Osimhen will go there. Somebody is being played to overspend and it's only a matter of time.

3 minutes ago, Morgs said:

We are F***KED if Jackson gets injured, that's clear. 

Guiu tries hard but isn't ready and Broja is not the answer. 

In other news, Jorgensen is worse than Sanchez which takes some doing if you think about it. 

We aren't getting anywhere near 4th (or even 6th) unless we sort a proper goalkeeper and a proper striker. 

You would have thought spending (wasting) £1.3B they might have accidentally got in a good striker and goalkeeper 

• Haha 1

It’s not so much that Osimhen has chosen to go to Saudi Arabia, but that he’s chosen not to come and play for us. If he’d had a similar offer as one we’ve made from a big European club like PSG, I wonder if he’d be really considering going to Saudi Arabia. 

Just now, Blue Kratos said:

You would have thought spending (wasting) £1.3B they might have accidentally got in a good striker and goalkeeper 

I said this the other day but it bears repeating here. What is the most Chelsea thing ever? 

Is it spending £72m on a Spanish keeper that is only just 6 foot tall in heels and who has poppadoms for wrists? 

No.

It is spending £140m+ on trying to replace him and somehow managing not to sign anyone who is even as good.  As you say, law of averages states that we have to sign someone accidentally who is better by now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Original 21 said:

It’s not so much that Osimhen has chosen to go to Saudi Arabia, but that he’s chosen not to come and play for us. If he’d had a similar offer as one we’ve made from a big European club like PSG, I wonder if he’d be really considering going to Saudi Arabia. 

That's what this ownership has done to my club.

Brace yourselves, everyone, reports will be changing and coming out all day in relation to both Osimhen and Toney as well as I'm sure plenty of other players related to us... most won't be true and we should wait until any deals are officially confirmed before we react or start bashing the board and sporting directors.

But where would be the fun in that?! It's going to be busy on here today!

• Like 3