Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

Sterling started early and has played a considerable amount of minutes in his career. He isn't 30 years old but considering the amount of miles in those legs in football years he's mid 30s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xceleryx said:

I'm aware it was a bad joke, just curious why Napoli of all places lol. 

Because we sold Lukaku there too and maybe you could link up and collaborate over there 😁

Clear Lake: The xCeleryx X Romelu Experience

9 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

I'd agree if we were selling them a star or high tier player in their prime, I'm less bothered  by a nearly 30 year old Sterling that's not going to be any easier to shift the longer he stays. His wages rule out virtually most clubs, so the market for him is going to be tiny. I'd rather see us get what we can for him now, shed the majority of his wages, then be on the hook for a smaller percentage. 

Would you prefer no sale to happen and we're paying his full wages until either January or god forbid the summer and beyond? 

Alternatively, plan accordingly and make it known in football circles that Sterling is available at the start of the window. You might end up in a scenario where you are not forced into rash decisions on the final day of the window.

It comes back to the whole not my type of winger comment in mid August. Everyone knows Sterling the player, if this is true, we had months to do a deal on him.

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'd like to see you running against Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce 😉

I’m like a whippet Jane 😉

It’s not his speed ( he’s quick) but does he or does he not move like your standard girl running for a bus? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Alternatively, plan accordingly and make it known in football circles that Sterling is available at the start of the window. You might end up in a scenario where you are not forced into rash decisions on the final day of the window.

It comes back to the whole not my type of winger comment in mid August. Everyone knows Sterling the player, if this is true, we had months to do a deal on him.

Bang on bro - the fact that Sterling trained with the pre season squad and Chalobah didn't because he was supposedly already surplus to requirements proves the chaos and the fact we decided mid way through the preseason to try and get him off the books.

Also we got the PR when Maresca joined "the board is impressed as he knows every player inside out and has a plan for each and every one of them" but what it took weeks and months to come to the decision that Sterling was for sale? Come on bro.

• Like 1

Just now, Max Fowler said:

I think he’s got a good few years left tbh. Low centre of gravity means less stress on the knees 

I mean look at T Rex …ruled the roost for millions of years with those little arms. 

• Haha 4

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

I mean look at T Rex …ruled the roost for millions of years with those little arms. 

But even the Big T didn't mess with the Ankylosaurus, unless absolutely desperate.