Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Ornstein saying Broja to Ipswich has been "revived".

Having watch Ipswich against Wimbledon on Wednesday. 
Broja is the last player they need. 

4 hours ago, bertles86 said:

Folks, come on stay calm. We've got at least another 10-12 hours to go. Plenty of time for us to buy another 16 year old Paraguayan striker who'll be ready for the 1st XI in 2034.

Don’t forget that all-important club option for an extra year. 👀💥🤣

Won’t be getting too excited about the Osimhen update, it’s going to flip flop every possible way until 11pm.

Sky Sports and everyone else want to keep the fans believing he could come to Chelsea for as long as possible.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Yes but I think the context is different as you indicated. Deli Alli had very understandable reasons, Sancho fell out with his manager but also had very few  issues at Dortmund. I don't believe he's a toxic player, especially given he's not the first player to have problems there. And we've other players who apparently had terrible attitudes elsewhere but were good for us (Anelka, even Felix apparnently). I genuinely don't believe those issues get replicated at a team he actually supports. 

I'm getting on a plane so won't be able to respond for a few hours. Maybe we will have signed a whole new squad by the time I land!

Felix was good for us? In what world was he good for us?

Comparing the likes of Felix and sancho to a legend like Anelka just doesn’t wash I’m afraid 

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Won’t be getting too excited about the Osimhen update, it’s going to flip flop every possible way until 11pm.

Sky Sports and everyone else want to keep the fans believing he could come to Chelsea for as long as possible.

A loan initially makes sense. Maybe even help our ffp. Less paperwork and decisions to make as of now. I think this is going to happen. 

17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Is he any good? Or another injury-prone “unlucky” player who doesn’t know the offside rule? I’ve never seen him play.

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Comparing the likes of Felix and sancho to a legend like Anelka just doesn’t wash I’m afraid 

Is your opinion on Felix based on his loan period with us? We were a shambles of a club then. This line up for forwards is excellent. He’s not a starter every game but an important squad player. He will do well. 

22 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

4 goals in 11 appearances isn't terrible 

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

Guehi staying at CP. I wonder if Newcastle might come in for Diasi or Trev

Currently looking like we are going to smash the PL2 with all the players we have kicking about that can't be registered

Can we offer them badiashile too?  🤣🤣🤣

50 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Okay, but that's just not practical either because situations are ever changing. A player can be in a managers or clubs plans initially, then their future can change to where they aren't needed. Heck, even if a player is told at the beginning you still need teams to showcase interest, which for a player like Sterling and his wages is going to be challenging. 

All the context is valid to a point. However, sometimes things need to be viewed clearly and objectively.

This initial discussion started based on a potential deal, which may or may not happen.

Whichever way people want to spin things or add in context for things changing. The reality is, we could have handled the Sterling situation better. The club knows his game , the manager knows his game, we had weeks to throw his name out there as a player we were open to doing a potential deal on. Yet, we have a few hours left to try and move on an experienced high earner, that if you follow the narrative coming out of the club, doesn't fit the with direction the manager wants to go down, within the last 2 weeks.

It's incomprehensible to try to justify or defend  the majority of decisions the club and owners have made in recent times.  

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Bugger, was hoping for Betis away.

How many weeks have I got to convince "FC Noah" to sign me?

I'd fancy your marathon runners legs up against Teddy Bear legs any day of the week 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We’ve made official bid for Sancho. 
Ali are now going for Toney. 
But wait for Arsenal or Liverpool to steal Osi. 

Not sure why Liverpool will go for Osi as they've just bought the best player in the world - Chiessa who has been shite since his 17 injuries