Transfer Talk Topic

My Blood Is Blue

50 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Is your opinion on Felix based on his loan period with us? We were a shambles of a club then. This line up for forwards is excellent. He’s not a starter every game but an important squad player. He will do well. 

Partly, but also based on the fact simeone doesn’t trust him. Felix is clearly a mental lightweight challenge ducker who goes missing when the going gets tough. Way prefer Neto than Felix the bottle merchant.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Partly, but also based on the fact simeone doesn’t trust him. Felix is clearly a mental lightweight challenge ducker who goes missing when the going gets tough. Way prefer Neto than Felix the bottle merchant.

Why didn't you post this Sunday?

21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We’ve made official bid for Sancho. 
Ali are now going for Toney. 
But wait for Arsenal or Liverpool to steal Osi. 

Sancho would be such a strange move if we still have Sterling AND Mudryk on our books.

I can only presume a transfer ban is imminent for us, which is why they would still go ahead and try and bring him in before getting anyone out.

Despite the face fillers, ridiculous new teeth and the Botox, Jamie Redknapp is looking more and more like his dad every day.  

A lesson in futility.  

24 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It’s not his job or skill set to go flying in with challenges. I want him to work hard, press when asked, but mostly to move the ball quick from back to front, be creative and create opportunities for others, score some goals and generally look like he wants to be here. I don’t expect him to be the first name on the teamsheet but I expect a lot of mins. 

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Despite the face fillers, ridiculous new teeth and the Botox, Jamie Redknapp is looking more and more like his dad every day.  

A lesson in futility.  

I thought that last week , glad I'm not alone , he'll be off to Turkey for De-Droopyfication  soon 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Haha 1

Apparently, Arsenal's new signing, Merino, fractured a shoulder or arm while doing his first training session and will be out for a long time.  Isn't Merino a kind of sheep used for its fine wool?

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sky Sports flipping back to it being unlikely we'll get Osimhen due to his wages. I expect the move will be on and off again before we know what's actually going to happen.

But we sold Washington to ourselves for a profit. Surely that could pay his wages. 

Sky Sports latest is that Osimhen is unlikely to happen and seems like he'll be off to Saudi, where he apparently doesn't have to pay tax (I did not know that, that is mad!) and the most likely signing for us is Sancho.

I don't think we'll end up with either now and I don't think we'll be moving on Sterling, Chilwell or Chalobah.

I’m ok with Sancho coming here. Speaks a lot that he’s willing to forego his fat contract for a better sporting environment. Having Madueke, Neto and Mudryk as our only wing options is not ideal when Neto is known to be injury prone and Mudryk….well, do we really want him to feature much? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sky Sports latest is that Osimhen is unlikely to happen and seems like he'll be off to Saudi, where he apparently doesn't have to pay tax (I did not know that, that is mad!) and the most likely signing for us is Sancho.

I don't think we'll end up with either now and I don't think we'll be moving on Sterling, Chilwell or Chalobah.

You have  to be in Saudi for two years to get tax free status. Something like 50% holding tax until you complete two years in the country. Like all other countries you can only allowed so many days per year out of the country to qualify 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

I’m ok with Sancho coming here. Speaks a lot that he’s willing to forego his fat contract for a better sporting environment. Having Madueke, Neto and Mudryk as our only wing options is not ideal when Neto is known to be injury prone and Mudryk….well, do we really want him to feature much? 

I'll be really surprised (but also not) that they're going to do it before getting Sterling sold and his wages off the books.

It means Mudryk would surely get very minimal game time as well, which is fine from our POV, but it's another player just sitting around doing not a lot while picking up a decent wage.

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

It's fair comment - with transfer ban on it's way these "loan with obligation to buy" deals for Sancho and Osimhen gets us around that to a degree (Kovacic-esque).